Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

halflife3_630.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Ok, all people who have trouble with satire, let me help you. Don't believe anything today. There. Sorry, can't be there to tell you every little thing is or isn't satire, so just doubt everything. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Ok, all people who have trouble with satire, let me help you. Don't believe anything today. There. Sorry, can't be there to tell you every little thing is or isn't satire, so just doubt everything. Hope that helps.

You mean Frankie Knuckles isn't dead?!?! Whoopee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well if that is true and not an April fools joke, then to gamers it's a sad day,but to fanboys - good day.

It actually amazes me the amount of people who take joy from the fact that games are exclusive to a specific platform. Even if this is an Aprils fools joke,this is till true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

RasTa wrote: »
    halflife3_630.jpg

i know its an April fools joke but if there was an exclusive that would get me buying an xboxone now and id not even have to think about the purchase that's it right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Blazer wrote: »
    missing nothing really..I have it on PC and xbox and barely play it on PC.
    Think I played 2 rounds total on xb1.
    I don't think much of the game to be honest..it's grand to pop onto for a few mins and blast away but then I just lose interest. Might be something to do with the bots etc.,..I've always hated AI bots in multiplayer games.

why would you buy it twice if you have little too no interest in it? your nuts:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

EoinHef wrote: »
    It actually amazes me the amount of people who take joy from the fact that games are exclusive to a specific platform. Even if this is an Aprils fools joke,this is till true.

Some gamers look forward to games that are coming out on the system they own.

Some look forward to announcements that the games they own won't be out on others!

EoinHef wrote: »

Generally they're the same pathetic losers who will start hating a band once they become "main stream".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Grayditch wrote: »
    Some gamers look forward to games that are coming out on the system they own.

Some look forward to announcements that the games they own won't be out on others!

Then there are some who look forward to both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Then there are some who look forward to both :D

And some men, just want to watch the world burn......

They own Wii u.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And some men, just want to watch the world burn......

They own Wii u.

I just wanted to own a console with, you know, some actual good games on it :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just wanted to own a console with, you know, some actual good games on it :P

It seems the "wanting to own good games" argument gains little traction with those who prefer a machine that will play the same games as it's main competitor and a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It seems the "wanting to own good games" argument gains little traction with those who prefer a machine that will play the same games as it's main competitor and a PC.

Is that a negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is that a negative?

English is not my first language, so its hard for me to understand some of the "phrasing" around here, but at this stage I gave up to understand whatever was said there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dont think its a problem with your english,its my first language and i dont know what was said there either!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it seems the Xbox one sales figures of 5 million are shipped not sold. No surprises there.

Well it seems the Xbox one sales figures of 5 million are shipped not sold. No surprises there.

PS4 7million Sold Worldwide.

http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/73292/playstation-4-breaks-7-million-units-sold-worldwide

Again, numbers have to be taken with a truck load of salt. For consoles with very small game libraries and only few months old those numbers are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

A bit surprised PS4 outsold Xbox One in March, I thought Titanfall would have made the Xbox One the biggest seller that month.

Just don't be surprised if it turns out Sony are pulling the same stunt since they have done so in the past. It's also pretty much impossible to get accurate sold through figures whereas sold to retail will be well recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Benzino wrote: »
    A bit surprised PS4 outsold Xbox One in March, I thought Titanfall would have made the Xbox One the biggest seller that month.

Going by the NPD sales report, it looks like CoD Ghosts is still the biggest selling Xbox One game so far, with Titanfall in second.

Just don't be surprised if it turns out Sony are pulling the same stunt since they have done so in the past. It's also pretty much impossible to get accurate sold through figures whereas sold to retail will be well recorded.

Sony have lord in the past about shipped and sold but considering that its still almost impossible to get a PS4 then I'd almost believe that it's selling that well.

Sony have lord in the past about shipped and sold but considering that its still almost impossible to get a PS4 then I'd almost believe that it's selling that well.

No doubt it's selling well just take their figures with a pinch of salt as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

A lot of people couldn't care less about Titanfall.

lertsnim wrote: »

That and the fact that it could be picked up on PC for half the price of the Xbox1 version.

I know that if I had both platforms it's PC that I'd have got it on. I've a PS4 and still got Thief on PC. hard to justify spending €45 to €70 on a game when the OC version was €16.

No doubt it's selling well just take their figures with a pinch of salt as well.

Same can be said about MS. Or anything. Its like stating obvious at this stage.

lertsnim wrote: »

No doubt, but CoD is an extremely popular franchise and I was expecting similar popularity for Titanfall (which is a better game in my opinion). I guess a lot of people just picked it up on PC instead, just like myself.

Interesting about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on Xbox One. Activision had cancelled it indefinitely, but later confirmed they will collaborate with Microsoft "in an effort to release" the title at some point.

While I know many couldn't care less about this game, it is very strange for a game to be postponed this late in development for one platform (it's out on all other platforms on the 2nd of May), even more so for a movie tie-in game, where lets be honest, they will release any old crap.

Source - Eurogamer
    Eurogamer wrote:
    UPDATE 16.00pm: Activision has confirmed the postponement of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on Xbox One to Eurogamer but said it will collaborate with Microsoft "in an effort to release" the title at some point.

There's still no reason for the delay - and whether the game will actually release at all still seems in doubt.

“We are working with Microsoft in an effort to release The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game on Xbox One," an Activision spokesperson told us. "Currently, the game will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and the PC on 2nd May, 2014 as previously announced."

ORIGINAL STORY 11.45am: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 publisher Activision has indefinitely delayed the game's Xbox One version just weeks from release.

More than likely it's development difficulties porting the PS4 code over and they are cutting their losses by getting the versions that are ready out the door before going back to the One version. For such drastic measures I'd say it's pretty big bug they can't nail down or something that needs a major rewrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Interesting about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on Xbox One. Activision had cancelled it indefinitely, but later confirmed they will collaborate with Microsoft "in an effort to release" the title at some point.

While I know many couldn't care less about this game, it is very strange for a game to be postponed this late in development for one platform (it's out on all other platforms on the 2nd of May), even more so for a movie tie-in game, where lets be honest, they will release any old crap.

Source - Eurogamer

Some code somewhere must just not be playing ball with the X1's strange hardware setup.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement