Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Intersting sound. Kind of an 8 bit vibe to it. Your bassline is too loud in the mix for me. The kick is a bit lose in there but that could rectify itslelf with the bass been lowered a bit. I'd also lower the vocal sample a bit as well to have as more of an etheric element in the mix. That's just my two cents. I'd also probabyl sharpen the snare a bit with some eq as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SweetStasis

Hey dude thanks for that.

yeah i hear the 8-bit thing. The arp has a bit o Super Mario about it perhaps. Kinda had the feeling about the bassline too. I really like it so i think i may have got carried away with it :)

re the snare, you mean a bit more top end?

cheers

Hey dude thanks for that.

yeah i hear the 8-bit thing. The arp has a bit o Super Mario about it perhhaps. Kinda had the feeling about the bassline too. I really like it so i think i may have got carried away with it :)

re the snare, you mean a bit more top end?

cheers

yeah, just bring our the high end a bit.
    Again that's just my personal preference, but I think it would suit the style of the track

here's the track with some changes. snare a bit punchier now i think and bass sitting in a bit better hopefully

https://soundcloud.com/stasissounds/dancey-tune-unfinished

here's the track with some changes. snare a bit punchier now i think and bass sitting in a bit better hopefully

https://soundcloud.com/stasissounds/dancey-tune-unfinished

Yeah, the bass is sitting much better now. You know with that improved snare the track reminds me of early Orbital

• Advertisement

cheers for the input dude, appreciate it.

any other dance/electronic forums you'd recommend for technical guidance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dan_Jer

Day One :)
    https://soundcloud.com/danjermusic/day-one

Check It Out
    Feedback
    Pointers
    Please :)

Dan_Jer wrote: »
    Day One :)
    https://soundcloud.com/danjermusic/day-one

Check It Out
    Feedback
    Pointers
    Please :)

The male rapping/singing vocal works well.
    I think the kick and snare need a bit of work to be honest, they both sound very flat.
    The growly bassline is decent but the the synths are a bit reedy to my ear.
    What's your process when it comes to mixing. Have you much effects on the individual tracks as in eq, compression? Even little hints of reverb and delay can make a big difference to the feel of a track.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lb1997

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

lb1997 wrote: »

alot of people getting into glitch/clipping styles these days, awesome job man!
    maybe when the drop hits at around 2 mins in, add a sub bass, i just personally think it would sound awesome, but that's more personal preference
    strange structure, but breaking barriers is never a bad thing, the song itself is good, in terms of mixing mastering, uses of sounds etc... class!

one thing i will say, from going to these kinds of gigs, is just watch your highs in a live setting, too much will just hurt everyones ears and it becomes hard to enjoy.

• Advertisement

shane9689 wrote: »
    alot of people getting into glitch/clipping styles these days, awesome job man!
    maybe when the drop hits at around 2 mins in, add a sub bass, i just personally think it would sound awesome, but that's more personal preference
    strange structure, but breaking barriers is never a bad thing, the song itself is good, in terms of mixing mastering, uses of sounds etc... class!

one thing i will say, from going to these kinds of gigs, is just watch your highs in a live setting, too much will just hurt everyones ears and it becomes hard to enjoy.

Yeah I didnt use a single synth in this its all little samples, took ages!
    thanks for the feedback , I actually had a bass track that should have started at 2 mins but its nowhere to be heard, i must have disabled it or something ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EKM

Drake ft.Lil Wayne - HYFR ( EK mix )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obq79xzUn58

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Obq79xzUn58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lb1997 wrote: »
    Yeah I didnt use a single synth in this its all little samples, took ages!
    thanks for the feedback , I actually had a bass track that should have started at 2 mins but its nowhere to be heard, i must have disabled it or something ha

you might like these guys.... https://soundcloud.com/clppng

im using ableton....my track keeps randomly pitch bending, really pissing me off....i added some pitch bend it on one part as a sort of build, but it seems to continue having an effect on the entire instrument even after its returned to 0.....anyone any ideas of how to get around this? because i really like this track and were im going with it, except for this little problem

im using ableton....my track keeps randomly pitch bending, really pissing me off....i added some pitch bend it on one part as a sort of build, but it seems to continue having an effect on the entire instrument even after its returned to 0.....anyone any ideas of how to get around this? because i really like this track and were im going with it, except for this little problem
    Is it repeating the effect regularly? Could be you recorded the automation on the pattern rather the song? Just a guess.

mordeith wrote: »
    Is it repeating the effect regularly? Could be you recorded the automation on the pattern rather the song? Just a guess.

yeah, its on the pattern, not the song, but i checked through every single sample....i deleted some old pitch bent samples that were sitting in the distance (bars ahead) that i wasnt using to make sure they werent causing it somehow......it seems to be doing it slightly less often now, but it seems to be more just a glitch with ableton than anything else?

posting it up here for some feedback, im quite happy with it, think ill use it in an ep i hope to release by september....you may like it mordeith, its house-y...but then again, you may not. as much feedback as possible please, this track is one i want to work on the most compared to any of the others i posted

thanks guys

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/simple-maths-hidden-demo

posting it up here for some feedback, im quite happy with it, think ill use it in an ep i hope to release by september....you may like it mordeith, its house-y...but then again, you may not. as much feedback as possible please, this track is one i want to work on the most compared to any of the others i posted

thanks guys

Link not working for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shlots

Entered this with a friend for a Beatport remix competition, the original sucks so hopefully we managed to make it listenable.

https://soundcloud.com/custom-a/differentology-customa-remix

Link not working for me?

nor me , quite excited to hear it now!

• Advertisement

sorry guys, try it now, had it on rpivate as i dont really want anyone else hearing it yet

sorry guys, try it now, had it on rpivate as i dont really want anyone else hearing it yet

Great start, had me hooked from the beginning with the bassline. The vocals are nice and dreamy and sit well in the track. I'm not 100% convinced by the main synth. It's just lacking a bit of fatness for me. The extra element after the drop at 3.00 helps in this regard though.
    Love that drop at 2.00 with the sidechained choir pad. Lovely stuff.
    With regard to the pitch shifting from 1.15 I think I'd drop it altogether as it kind of comes in with no real warning and coupled with the change up in the melody it sounds a bit disjointed. I think you could do as well with a simple pad riser with the pitch shift on that.
    Overall though I like. Good pumping house number. :)

shlots wrote: »
    Entered this with a friend for a Beatport remix competition, the original sucks so hopefully we managed to make it listenable.

Decent remix. Nice kick and percussion in general. Lovely delay on the vocals during the breakdown as well. Not sure about the change at 2.36, kinda almost sounds like a different mix with that bassline coming in for the first time.

Great start, had me hooked from the beginning with the bassline. The vocals are nice and dreamy and sit well in the track. I'm not 100% convinced by the main synth. It's just lacking a bit of fatness for me. The extra element after the drop at 3.00 helps in this regard though.
    Love that drop at 2.00 with the sidechained choir pad. Lovely stuff.
    With regard to the pitch shifting from 1.15 I think I'd drop it altogether as it kind of comes in with no real warning and coupled with the change up in the melody it sounds a bit disjointed. I think you could do as well with a simple pad riser with the pitch shift on that.
    Overall though I like. Good pumping house number. :)

thanks mordeith! yeah, they were some of my doubts aswell....haha yeah theyre feckin operator synths...operators great but it always lacks depth...any free plugins i can use? cant afford synleth yet haha
    vocals were actually thrown in as a last minute thing to cover up the lack of stuff going on haha

ill see if i can fatten things up and ill do something with the weird pitch drop, tbh the pitch drop was actually left overs from an older idea i had over the track that i didnt use...ill see what i can do

haha yeah theyre feckin operator synths...operators great but it always lacks depth...any free plugins i can use? cant afford synleth yet haha

You could always try layering the sound with another operator track running a different oscillator type or maybe the same one on a lower octave and detune it slightly.
    Regarding free synths, I find you can get some decent ones with magazine like Computer Music. I buy the online version (it's around 4 euro) and there's a always a free synth or effect with it. DUNE came with one issue and it's a great synth. Some of the advancd feature ares disabled as it's not the full version but you're talking advanced modulation and built in fx which you can add yourself anyway. Here's a demo of it:

shlots wrote: »

i like it, never heard the original, but this sounds good...except yeah, at about 2.20 minutes in...maybe do more work on that synth...its a cool idea mixing it up like that but maybe take out some of the harmonics in the bass line and make it more bass-y, good remix though man

You could always try layering the sound with another operator track running a different oscillator type or maybe the same one on a lower octave and detune it slightly.
    Regarding free synths, I find you can get some decent ones with magazine like Computer Music. I buy the online version (it's around 4 euro) and there's a always a free synth or effect with it. DUNE came with one issue and it's a great synth. Some of the advancd feature ares disabled as it's not the full version but you're talking advanced modulation and built in fx which you can add yourself anyway. Here's a demo of it:

thanks, ill look into using that! how does the harmony sound on the track too? is it abit repetitive or just about righT? dont want to kill it with too much harmony either....

thanks, ill look into using that! how does the harmony sound on the track too? is it abit repetitive or just about righT? dont want to kill it with too much harmony either....

I listened to it while doing something else, so as not to be too focused on the track. It might be a little bit repetitve. Even if you dopped it out for a bar or so it would add a bit of interest. There is a lovely drop in scale in the vocal sidechain at the end of the loop. Have you tried having the main melody follow that to see how it sounds?

Hey, so attempt number 2 at that track i made

its still not there...i used a different mixing technique this time around...might have over compressed it though lol
    changed afew bits aswell...have a listen, and let us know if its better and wheres still lacking, cheeeers!

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/simple-maths-mark-ii-demo

• Advertisement

Hey, so attempt number 2 at that track i made

its still not there...i used a different mixing technique this time around...might have over compressed it though lol
    changed afew bits aswell...have a listen, and let us know if its better and wheres still lacking, cheeeers!

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/simple-maths-mark-ii-demo

Sounds better to me anyway. Love that sub bass that comes in at 1.00

Advertisement