Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

She shall not grow old as us that are left shall grow old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Uriel. wrote: »
    Hi. I came into this thread to tell you how little I care about the fact that this so called "celebrity" died. It's my civic duty to let you all know this. Before you ask, I'll answer the two questions you have:

1. No I couldn't have just ignored the thread, as pointed out above I had to tell you how little I cared. Failure to engage would not have portrayed this enough.

2. No I won't start a thread about all of the other women who died today or the motherless children. If you start a thread about this, I'll happily comment to tell you how lite I care. But I care so little that I couldnt force myself to start a thread on it.

I might pop back later with a witty joke and to reinforce how little I care, just in case you didn't get it

Great post, you really showed them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

She shall not grow old as us that are left shall grow old.

D[SIZE=-1]EATH[/SIZE] be not proud, though some have called thee[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,[SIZE=-2] 5[/SIZE] Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,[SIZE=-2] 10[/SIZE] And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Not sure who's more annoying: the "devastated"/sanctimonious crowd, the crowd posting callous comments (plenty of them are NOT in good nature) and repeatedly saying they don't care, or the crowd going on about people around the world dying every day.

The first crowd seem to be the least prevalent on this particular thread tbh. Most people are just remarking that it's a tragedy and no more - being normal in other words.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hitchens wrote: »
    Today, around 21,000 children died around the world.............................just sayin' like
    If I went back and found a few RIP threads from when Hitchens died, by chance would I find any of these kinds of posts in them from you?

I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

Not sure who's more annoying: the "devastated"/sanctimonious crowd, the crowd posting callous comments (plenty of them are NOT in good nature) and repeatedly saying they don't care, or the crowd going on about people around the world dying every day.

The first crowd seem to be the least prevalent on this particular thread tbh. Most people are just remarking that it's a tragedy and no more - being normal in other words.

Even sadder than Peaches demise is more than 5,000 posts on an internet forum in less than a year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Hitchens

it's a tragedy for her family and friends, but to you and me it's just a news item

I hope she's in a good place now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

I know it's a cliché but I really do hope that this extremely sad event might somehow be the difference between someone getting the help that they need and not.

I think we need to talk more, we need to be more aware of our frailties, we need to be good to each other.

God help her family and children.

If I went back and found a few RIP threads from when Hitchens died, by chance would I find any of these kinds of posts in them from you?

I think not.

reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

for those who say 'who cares' get a life. none of us know whats going to come knocking our doors next, it could happen any family anytime so don't judge.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Stop with the jokes and the bitching about other poster/posts

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

long_b wrote: »
    I know it's a cliché but I really do hope that this extremely sad event might somehow be the difference between someone getting the help that they need and not.

I think we need to talk more, we need to be more aware of our frailties, we need to be good to each other.

God help her family and children.

you seem to be assuming its suicide. At this time cause of death is unknown she has a family history of aneurysms e.g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mylefttesticle

After Hours=where humanity sometimes rests.

Don't know too much about Peaches Geldof but it is very sad when someone so young dies and leaves behind so much with so much loss.

I hope everyone connected to her learns to cope with her passing, God knows that family have had very bad luck, the irony is that if it was another girl who was not in the public eye people would just RIP and move on, but because she comes from a famous family it seems like some people think it is acceptable to cheapen her death and the pain of her family.

Sad times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Very sad.

Her father always seemed a sound sort of guy. To lose a daughter must be very very tough/ painful.

thoughts and prayers with the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Stheno wrote: »
    you seem to be assuming its suicide. At this time cause of death is unknown she has a family history of aneurysms e.g.

At 25 ..pictures of her lately ..she hasn't looked good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

maryishere wrote: »
    Very sad.

Her father always seemed a sound sort of guy. To lose a daughter must be very very tough/ painful.

Her siblings have lost a mother and a sister. Tough to cope with.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I find when someone like this dies other people's reactions and endless discussion can almost make you feel meh about their death,totally not the individual who dieds fault.anyway RIP to the young girl,I hope her family and friends can hold it together.I didn't know a lot about the girl except for her parents,but I know she done bits and pieces for the guardian and had two young kids.seemed like a fairly nice girl overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

She should have died hereafter;
    There would have been a time for such a word.
    To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
    To the last syllable of recorded time,
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

The Peaches Geldof story being discussed on Prime Time , RTE 1 - sad, unfortunate and tragic for her family but hardly of significant national interest here?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hotamatua

I must say in recent pictures she was looking pretty addled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Rip to a person who lived life to the fullest and always had a kind heart. my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

No point really in speculating. We won't know what caused her death until an autopsy is done.

Ultimately, a very young lady, in the prime of her life, has died unexpectedly, leaving behind two babies, a husband and a family.

Her family must be going through hell. I hope her husband makes sure their children grow up knowing her face.

Poor woman. Rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Her elder sister Fifi seems to have avoided the limelight very successfully. I can't recall seeing any "celeb" stories or pics of her. I so well remember Fifi's name being announced and all the furore surrounding it. Bob and Paula were a hugely popular celeb couple, likeable characters. Nobody could have predicted the sadness and self destruction ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Spent the day kinda sad and weirded out by the Luas/car fatality in a place I pass through quite regularly and passed by today on my way home, then find out about another death.

RIP to the two women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

RIP

Vincent Browne calling it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yeh, he hasn't backed it up though has he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

What has that gombeen got to say about her?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Tilly wrote: »
    What has that gombeen got to say about her?

"I am a c*nt" - V. Browne

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Thought Bob's press release was a bit oddly worded - "she was the most bonkers of all of us". Hardly a grieving tribute to his daughter. RTE were trying to link it into the state visit as well on the six one news. Jesus wept, have we lost the run of ourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement