Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭therealme

How desperately sad that two little children are now without the most important person in their lives.

Cannot stop thinking about them.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Why do these threads always turn into pointless arguments about people expressing sympathy towards a dead person?

If you don't feel any sympathy or don't care about the issue, why post at all in such a thread. Why not just sit back and bask in your own smug superiority?

Fake outrage indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Terrible thing at such a young age, may she rest in peace, any idea on how she died yet, I'm only after hearing it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

have not felt this sad since that other young pretty blonde girl died, Katie French. I wonder will it put the kaibosh on the boomtown rats reunion?? they could rerelease " I don't like Mondays" and the money raised it could be donated to a charity that looks after other young pretty blonde women with jobs in the media who might be at risk of kicking the bucket before reaching 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Today, around 21,000 children died around the world.............................just sayin' like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Most negative posts are not about the subject but attacks on other posters for reacting with polite compassion. Polite compassion is perfectly normal and I wish the media would do the same. The I don't care attitude is puzzling if you do not care why post?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Indeed. 25 year old women die every day. Why does this one have a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Hitchens wrote: »
    Today, around 21,000 children died around the world.............................just sayin' like

Start a thread so. One each if you know the names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

gg2 wrote: »
    Really? You think people get turned on but tragedy/ misery. Thats strange.

I don't think it, I know it. Try watching Sky News for 1 hour and you will see it.

It can be disguised as false empathy/sadness i.e. the "Isn't it awful...but tell me more" brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

D1stant wrote: »
    Its morbid, insidious and sometimes malicious (after Mandela died for example)

People have the right to criticize the actions of Mandela, but we'll leave that out of this thread.

RIP Peaches. Very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

endacl wrote: »

Because she was pictured in a nice outfit pushing a buggy. Dont you know anything about being a good parent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Shocking news and very depressing. She was far too thin this last year or so she didn't really look well. I feel very sorry for bob and the young children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

I never liked peaches geldof. just another "celeb" with no real talent. the only time I ever took notice of her was when she went out with Eli Roth. feel sorry for her family but you know "ho hum, shrug shoulders, carry on regardless".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Princess Di syndrome alive anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

In 2007, readers of FHM voted her the 53rd sexiest woman in the world

In all fairness she was attractive but to pursue a career in modelling?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I never liked peaches geldof. just another "celeb" with no real talent. the only time I ever took notice of her was when she went out with Eli Roth. feel sorry for her family but you know "ho hum, shrug shoulders, carry on regardless".

I'm sure bob and the kids will be devastated by your lack of sympathy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Rest in peace.

Useful thread for adding to my ignore list anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Feel free to be outraged that people are acknowledging someone's death but please don't post about it in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

And yet you can take time out of you busy schedule to get a dig in on the occasion of her death. 2 kewl 4 skewl.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Tragic death , my thoughts are with her family and friends .Rest in Peace Peaches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I am literally so jealous of all these edgy cool guys who are going to great lengths to point out how little they care about a girl they didn't know :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I was genuinely stunned when I read about this. She really seemed to have created a wonderful life for herself and her family, it's a huge shame. The poor family, with all they've been through already.

Her father's statement was heartbreaking :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Paracord

Hitchens wrote: »
    Princess Di syndrome alive anyway

You will be at mother teresa next! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I am literally so jealous of all these edgy cool guys who are going to great lengths to point out how little they care about a girl they didn't know :rolleyes:

Hipster mourners.. my gawd...

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Ignorance is the weak man's imitation of strength

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

They're going to great lengths by posting on a thread? You must be very lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hi. I came into this thread to tell you how little I care about the fact that this so called "celebrity" died. It's my civic duty to let you all know this. Before you ask, I'll answer the two questions you have:

1. No I couldn't have just ignored the thread, as pointed out above I had to tell you how little I cared. Failure to engage would not have portrayed this enough.

2. No I won't start a thread about all of the other women who died today or the motherless children. If you start a thread about this, I'll happily comment to tell you how lite I care. But I care so little that I couldnt force myself to start a thread on it.

I might pop back later with a witty joke and to reinforce how little I care, just in case you didn't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

The young don't have a social concience yet. Sort of defeats learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

endacl wrote: »

If someone posted about a 25 year old woman they knew who died, I'm sure plenty of posters would come and offer sympathy and feel sad, even though they didn't know her.

I feel sad hearing about Peaches, she was just a year younger than me. I used to ready her articles in teen magazines years ago, liked hearing from someone my age.

Without knowing the cause of death yet, sometimes it is good to discuss high profile deaths for awareness reasons . One that always sticks out in my mind is Jade Goody, died just a year older than the age I am now, due to health issues I have had. I was not a fan but it was a tragic death, and highlighted that cervical cancer does affect young women, and the media around it may have encouraged other women to get checked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Very sad news. My heart goes out to Sir Bob and his whole family.

For the kids to grow up without a mother is just so devastating.My deepest sympathies also to her husband. I can't imagine how he will go about telling his kids about were there Mum is and why she is not around.

RIP Peaches Geldof.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement