Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [Sunshine & Lollipops]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Don't forget that laser designating targets increases the damage of weapons that can lock on to them. I'm nearly certain the javelin is a two hit kill to a tank if used in conjunction with a handy recon teammate. Go teamwork !
    Sparks wrote: »
    More of the above with stats and figures

Gentlemen , I have spoke of this before and and tbh I am shocked and appalled that I have to explain it again . You can NOT have and laser designation AND engineers using it , on the same map , you can have one or the other but not both . I know this for a FACT as I have done sniper and locked stuff up and no one has fired at it and I have done engineer and looked for stuff locked up and found nothing .... both , countless times . SO let us hear no more of ye're inane ramblings .
    I hopped into a game with a squad of four doing it and joined them. The other team got **** on, not a single vehicle would enter the center. We even had a nice assault that kept dropping med boxes for us.

You sir and either a liar and common trickster or a witch , but from now on I shall believe your tales no more .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Or the transport helo was up there and you hit that?

I don't think so but anything is possible. I did manage to accidentally mortar an attack chopper out of the air on Shanghai a few weeks ago. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I don't think so but anything is possible. I did manage to accidentally mortar an attack chopper out of the air on Shanghai a few weeks ago. :pac:

Attack chopper. Doesn't count. My 2-year-old can kill those things :D

831406407.jpg

Hey, I'll take what points I can get! :P
    Fair play to your two year old, maybe give me BF 4 tips :D

It would have made a funnier video than photo, because he was pointing out the soldiers on the screen and I was shooting at them for him. Sortof an advanced version of the Q key :D

• Advertisement

It would have made a funnier video than photo, because he was pointing out the soldiers on the screen and I was shooting at them for him. Sort of an advanced version of the Q key :D

Every little helps. One more story, saw an enemy Sniper climb to the top of the adjacent building on Lancang Dam. Just after he finished setting a claymore at the top of the ladder, I scoped in and shot it, killing him instantly.

Didn't think it would work as it hasn't before, pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

osheen wrote: »
    If only there was more of it !

If there was more of it, it wouldnt be utterly overpowering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Every little helps. One more story, saw an enemy Sniper climb to the top of the adjacent building on Lancang Dam. Just after he finished setting a claymore at the top of the ladder, I scoped in and shot it, killing him instantly.

Didn't think it would work as it hasn't before, pleasantly surprised.

I have 8 kills with the Mav. 5 of which were the same sniper, putting the same claymore in the same spot. Some people really don't learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Does the MAV fire something now? I do see it loaded with something but never sure what it is as I tried shooting someone but didn't do anything to them.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Does the MAV fire something now? I do see it loaded with something but never sure what it is as I tried shooting someone but didn't do anything to them.
    Yeah, but it only affects items. So you can set off mines, destroy mortars, that kind of thing, but not people or vehicles.

• Advertisement

Ah, kinda useful that, I may start using it a bit more so. Been playing sniper bowl with the toy plane the last while :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Today I became the #1 ranked recon in Ireland with a grand total of .................................................22 sniper rifle kills to my name

Troll complete :P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

miju wrote: »
    Today I became the #1 ranked recon in Ireland with a grand total of .................................................22 sniper rifle kills to my name

Troll complete :P:P:P:P:P

Damn
    I have 2 and i play recon most of the time . Just dont like the sniper rifles in bf4 .

Damn
    I have 2 and i play recon most of the time . Just dont like the sniper rifles in bf4 .

yeah i just haven't got patience for sniping at all to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yeah, but it only affects items. So you can set off mines, destroy mortars, that kind of thing, but not people or vehicles.

You can blow up C4 attached to vehicles though :D

Just hover over someone looking to make a banzai run at some armour and steal his thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You can blow up C4 attached to vehicles though :D

Just hover over someone looking to make a banzai run at some armour and steal his thunder.

Explains whats happened a few times i dropped slams on tanks and before i get to throw my v40 damn thing blows up lol

Explains whats happened a few times i dropped slams on tanks and before i get to throw my v40 damn thing blows up lol

funniest troll ever have teammate c4 a vehicle a quietly slip away while a sniper shoots c4 from across the map.

shows up on their killfeed that they were blown up with a sniper rifle. Rage mail isn't long about arriving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

just played bf4 on the ps4 I have bf4 on the pc and honestly I love how the pc is like amazing to look at the ps4 wins because it feels more casual!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Dialogue with my brother
    -you know how to spot?
    -spot?
    - yeah, click R1 @ enemy you get xp

- you got a defibulator?
    - a what?
    - defibulator!
    - no
    -check your loadouts
    - ah,yeah I got it
    - *tells him how to use it*

- Record score, this game is awesome. Why doesn't everyone use the defibulator?

We're from COD and a bit slow :)

Finally unlocked the SRR-61. Holy poop, how do snipers manage to enjoy this game playing it like this? I've never wanted to get back to another class more...

• Advertisement

There are the odd days the game clicks for me, but I've never done this well before.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/427514934674583616/169707990/

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

There are the odd days the game clicks for me, but I've never done this well before.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/427514934674583616/169707990/

Niiice. So what was your technique?

promoted-kids-t-shirt_design.png

290905.png

And on CeLTs in Locker too, which was kindof nice :D

Also, I'd like to thank Krakus without whom I couldn't have done this...

luksusowa-przekaska-wedzona-001.jpg

:pac:

Right, so that's the game completed so I guess. Now what do I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

played drunk yesterday woke up today and see I had three defibulator kills.
    What the hell was I doing?

The Red wrote: »
    Niiice. So what was your technique?

If I knew, I'd be better at the game than I am :pac:

I just took the path of least resistance as often as possible to open up flanks and back rages. I also got lucky at the stairs leading to the snow as I racked up 1500 ish points from 8/9 kills as they funnelled in + suppression assists, revives and med pack heals. Funny thing is, that almost didn't happen as I threw a 'nade that hit the back of a squad mate and nearly killed myself 30 or so seconds before I went ham :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,511 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I got this for Christmas for XB1, the single player is surprisingly decent IMO - not sure if I'm following the general trend there or not. Have only played online a bit, but I think to enjoy it properly you need to play with people you know, or at least people who will actually pay attention to the whole concept of squads.

I'm pretty terrible online, get killed a lot and get frustrated. If I run around I get shot, if I stay still I get shot. Must be doing it wrong. :)

I can fly the planes which is a plus, just can't kill anyone while doing it. Haven't figured out helicopters yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

promoted-kids-t-shirt_design.png

290905.png

And on CeLTs in Locker too, which was kindof nice :D

Also, I'd like to thank Krakus without whom I couldn't have done this...

luksusowa-przekaska-wedzona-001.jpg

Eh get to rank 110 ha ha

Complete??? You've only just started bro now comes unlocking weapons, leaderboards and don't forget most importantly order your **** bucket

Finally unlocked the SRR-61. Holy poop, how do snipers manage to enjoy this game playing it like this? I've never wanted to get back to another class more...
    I'm usually the one that likes sniping on big maps if we're doing well but jesus christ that was a grind to get. On the plus side, should have helped you along the way getting the FY-JS.

I just have 2 PDW's, 3 DMR's. most of the shotguns and a good few of the handguns left to get. No pistol only games on 360 makes sidearms harder to unlock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

If I knew, I'd be better at the game than I am :pac:

I just took the path of least resistance as often as possible to open up flanks and back rages. I also got lucky at the stairs leading to the snow as I racked up 1500 ish points from 8/9 kills as they funnelled in + suppression assists, revives and med pack heals. Funny thing is, that almost didn't happen as I threw a 'nade that hit the back of a squad mate and nearly killed myself 30 or so seconds before I went ham :p

Hahaha Ive done this more times than Ill admit here...

Advertisement