Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badly cast movie and TV roles

Options
  • 29-12-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

In the middle of re-watching Star Wars and the more I think about it, the more I'm dumbfounded that Mark Hamil managed to be cast as Luke Skywalker. Truly atrocious actor and face could curdle milk, IMO. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

cantdecide wrote: »
    In the middle of re-watching Star Wars and the more I think about it, the more I'm dumbfounded that Mark Hamil managed to be cast as Luke Skywalker. Truly atrocious actor and face could curdle milk, IMO. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN????

He was in a traffic accident between the first two films.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

cantdecide wrote: »

He was in a traffic accident between the first two films.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Atrocious actor? His is the best version of The Joker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yer man that was cast as Apollo in the remake of Battlestar Galatica was weak in comparison to the Starbuck character. Terrible mismatch.

Benecio Del Toro in "The Wolfman".....

Keanu Reeves in Coppola's "Dracula"

A famous one is John Wayne as Genghis Khan.

krudler wrote: »
    Atrocious actor? His is the best version of The Joker.

Aye. Somebody should give him a go on the big screen with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

The actress that has been chosen to play Wonderwoman in the next film.

I know it hasn't been filmed yet but physically she is a poor choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Colin Farrell as Alexander the Great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bryan Cranston was totally miscast as Walter White. Atrocious acting job he put in.

James Gandolfini was a joke as Tony Soprano. A joke.

Robert de Niro couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag and ruined films like The Godfather Part II, Heat, Raging Bull, Goodfellas and Taxi Driver.

Al Pacino is pedestrian at best. The Godfather would have been better off without him. Both he and de Niro destroyed Heat.

;) not really......

Colin Farrell as Alexander the Great.

I was warned off that one, but he wasn't mentioned specifically as one of the reasons it didn't work. Yer man that did the warning watched 3 versions in the hope they'd get it right, to apparently no avail.

Pang wrote: »
    The actress that has been chosen to play Wonderwoman in the next film.

I know it hasn't been filmed yet but physically she is a poor choice.

That's bosom snobbery that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Reese Witherspoon in Walk The Line. She looks nothing like June Carter Cash. I could possibly overlook that if she was a good actress but she's terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Gerard Butler in PS I love you.

It's so bad that it's good.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Gerard Butler in PS I love you.

It's so bad that it's good.

I salute you, as you are a braver and tougher man than I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. He's just a bad actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, whoever cast him obviously never read any of the books, or even a synopsis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, whoever cast him obviously never read any of the books, or even a synopsis.

Tom Cruise in War of the World.

WTFF like.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

thecatspjs wrote: »
    Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. He's just a bad actor.
    +10000 lightyears (albeit a measure of distance and not acting acuteness).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Hayden Christiensen is the obvious one alright. Aside from being a pretty piss poor actor he just didn't look the part.

I thought the "bad guy" in Rocky Balboa was terribly miscast. He looked about 40lbs too light to be a heavy weight and didn't look like some bad ass boxing champion like Carl Weathers did. I seem to remember the guy who played him is actually a boxer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hugh Jackman in everything

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Keuanu Reeves

Please stop "acting" Keeennnaaauuu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Sofaspud wrote: »

I said the same thing, but then found out that Cruise more or less cast himself in the role.

It was his company that bought the movie rights to Jack Reacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

ziedth wrote: »

I thought the "bad guy" in Rocky Balboa was terribly miscast. He looked about 40lbs too light to be a heavy weight and didn't look like some bad ass boxing champion like Carl Weathers did. I seem to remember the guy who played him is actually a boxer though.

That was Antonio Tarver, I'm pretty sure he was light heavyweight champion of the world at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Will smiths son ...in anything

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Reese Witherspoon in Walk The Line. She looks nothing like June Carter Cash. I could possibly overlook that if she was a good actress but she's terrible.

I thought she was outstanding as June.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Anyone not Irish being cast in a role where they have to put on an Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

keano_afc wrote: »
    Anyone not Irish being cast in a role where they have to put on an Irish accent.

You mean like Jonathan Rhys Meyers?

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Denise Richards in The World is Not Enough.

Completely unconvincing as a supposed highly intelligent character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

keano_afc wrote: »

Sean Connery didn't even bother trying in the untouchables.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

She was brilliant in this.....and won an Oscar for her performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

But that accent, love it to bits. And she makes for a bit of eye candy as well :)

Advertisement