Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

think im gonna get this, will go for the ps3 version and upgrade the 10 euro for ps4, is there any difference in deluxe/premium edition or is normal grand? im not a battlefield fan but heard this is pretty good when its working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

cadete wrote: »
    think im gonna get this, will go for the ps3 version and upgrade the 10 euro for ps4, is there any difference in deluxe/premium edition or is normal grand? im not a battlefield fan but heard this is pretty good when its working

If you are going to buy Premium just buy the standard BF4 edition. Premium is 50 euro but you get extra content every month plus all the extra maps to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Update installed this morning and now every game I'm running on the spot , warping forward back to running on the spot , followed by warping . I think we need an update to fix this update .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

The China Rising DLC is now out and available to download on PS4, but... **be careful**, it asks you to select a version....14.99 and Free, if you have entered the preprder China rising DLC code then select free and download it.....3.8GB in size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

derm0j073 wrote: »
    Update installed this morning and now every game I'm running on the spot , warping forward back to running on the spot , followed by warping . I think we need an update to fix this update .

Welcome to the wonderful world of BF4, bringing you endless patches that breaks stuff fixed in an older patch, and a patch to patch that patch ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

jenjenten wrote: »
    Welcome to the wonderful world of BF4, bringing you endless patches that breaks stuff fixed in an older patch, and a patch to patch that patch ;)
    It's worse now than it was when I got it. I actually want my money back at this stage tbh. How do these companies get away with releasing such broken crap. It wouldn't happen in any other industry. It's like a BMW dealer handing you the keys to your shiny brand new car with a huge dent in the door, 2 punctures and a cracked windscreen and telling you he'll try get them fixed up for you over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I can't believe the latest 600mb patch. I wish they really had that when BF4 came out, it would have made playing it a lot less like a stress test.

I have to deliver 5 bombs and win a squad team death match (along with the final 2 game modes in China Rising) for platinum. Its a bit tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I like this game and all but they really need to sort out the amount of damage it takes to kill people.

I emptied a full clip at someone right in front on me that was running. I'd say 90% of the bullets hit him, he turns around as I'm shooting him and blows me away with a shotgun. his health was at about 30. makes no sense. Sniper kills take 2 shots unless you get a clean head shot which is bs.

that and the way you sometimes get stuck behind small objects that you can't jump over is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

I like this game and all but they really need to sort out the amount of damage it takes to kill people.

I emptied a full clip at someone right in front on me that was running. I'd say 90% of the bullets hit him, he turns around as I'm shooting him and blows me away with a shotgun. his health was at about 30. makes no sense. Sniper kills take 2 shots unless you get a clean head shot which is bs.

Battlefield games have always been a bit like that, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

that and the way you sometimes get stuck behind small objects that you can't jump over is annoying.

They change it and its totally made up. I don't think their decisions are based on anything scientific and its totally frustrating having to learn what they came up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ive found accuracy with the guns very much depends on when you start to fire. I usually aim down the sights, not a fan of hipfire in battlefield games, and it seems that if you start to fire half way through the aiming animation you still have hipfire bullet spread. If you let the animation complete and then fire you will get much beteer accuracy.

Dont know if its a bug but thats what ive found anyway.

Heres a video showing what I mean:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZueGC2OwDp4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I think next time I'm buying a BF game I buy 5 months after it release having more fun playing killzone sf and that p2p and run better play better and less annoying gona get premium in about 9 month should be a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

So for people who bought this game online they are charging another 14.99 for new maps?
    But if I bought Premium o pre booked in shop Id get it free?

So for people who bought this game online they are charging another 14.99 for new maps?
    But if I bought Premium o pre booked in shop Id get it free?
    It's nothing new. You buy premium for the €50 or whatever it is and you get all the map releases or you can buy them individually which will cost you much more were you to get them all.
    The prebooking was just for the China Rising maps and won't count for the next set of mad released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

After the last few updates my games are as laggy! Really annoying since I never had any problems before this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

I guess it is a whole batch of new maps so cant argue I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Spent an hour or 2 trying to get the grenade launcher, defib, and pistol kills that was needed for an assignment that needed to be done in 1 round, usually I find loads of snipers prone off on some hill but there was a complete lack of them (not snipers but me finding them unaware). Got it twice but the first time didn't count, it might be that I needed the assault ribbons part already done before doing the 3 kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Varik wrote: »
    Spent an hour or 2 trying to get the grenade launcher, defib, and pistol kills that was needed for an assignment that needed to be done in 1 round, usually I find loads of snipers prone off on some hill but there was a complete lack of them (not snipers but me finding them unaware). Got it twice but the first time didn't count, it might be that I needed the assault ribbons part already done before doing the 3 kills.

Have a look here Dread, It explains what steps you need to do to get all the assignments. I'll be using it as a guide for that last trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

came across this bug there earlier, even the parachute opened under the water (29 sec onwards)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

spider_pig wrote: »
    came across this bug there earlier, even the parachute opened under the water (29 sec onwards)

Yeah, I've had that happen on 2 occasions; once on Paracel Storm and the other on Floodzone. Had to drown myself to fix it. After I had a little fun with my pistol of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Is the campaign bug fixed yet. Might try it out for guns

Just got this today, wont get to have a go till tomorrow. Excited to have a bash.

Ill stick to team deathmatch per the advice here I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Is the campaign bug fixed yet. Might try it out for guns

Seems to be, managed to finish it the other night on my third play since losing my previous progress, not sure exactly what MP guns I got for it though yet...

I go prone behind cover and I start sliding back out into the open like I'm being pushed along. Or I go prone on a ledge and I just start getting "pushed" off it by nothing. Anybody else get this?

Oh yeah and my campaign is back to the very beginning again. F**king assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I go prone behind cover and I start sliding back out into the open like I'm being pushed along. Or I go prone on a ledge and I just start getting "pushed" off it by nothing. Anybody else get this?

Thats a new feature thats pushes your characters leg from out of a wall.

In BF3, you could go prone in a corner and have your legs sink into the wall, allowing you to back further in. But in BF4 if you do that, it pushes you out into the open until, it seems, your tippy toes are against the wall! Very annoying indeed but it does help against campers!

Played this for 4 hours straight today and I didn t get one single crash, bar messing around with the test range for about 40 minutes all the games I played were 64 man conquest.

Thats the first time I played it on ps4, I thought I was going to be crashing all the time from what ive read.

Looks great and plays so smooth at 60fps, such a big jump from PS3 BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can anyone recommend a good assault rifle? I have the first four or so unlocked and was having a bit of success with the SCAR but have moved on to try some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can anyone recommend a good assault rifle? I have the first four or so unlocked and was having a bit of success with the SCAR but have moved on to try some others.

The M416 (HK416) is a very decent all rounder, that or the AUG A3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Anyone one else having a bit of trouble connecting to servers ? Its about 50/50 for me , I connect or I get stuck on the loading screen and have to hit the PS button and start the game again . Despite all the crap I have to say its a damn fine game .

Advertisement