Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus is worst airline

Options
  • 12-12-2013 10:53pm

I have been flying around Europe every couple of weeks for some months now. I hate terminal 2 in Dublin Airport so will always opt to fly with an Airline going from T1.
    I had the misfortune this week to fly Aer Lingus to Barcelona. It was truely awful. Long queues at check in as there was only 3 desks open and 1 luggage drop off desk for the likes of me who always uses mobile app check in. Staff were "Polite" but unfriendly. Couldn't bring hand luggage as well as a laptop bag so had to check in my cabin bag.
    Seats are dire on planes, leg room is puny compared to every other airline I have flown.
    What really amazes me is their prices are at best equal to the non low cost airlines and in many cases only 20 Euro cheaper.
    Check in desk in Barcelona opened just 2hrs before the flight, have never seen that with another airline before.
    When I fly to London I only will go on the British Airways flights as you at least get a cup of coffee, a snack and can take a cabin bag as well as the laptop bag and the staff are very friendly.
    Am all for buying Irish but not when you get cr@p service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Is that you, Michael?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Are you looking for the complaints section on the aerlingus website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

LEAVE AER LINGUS ALONE!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

At least you're saving 60 quid a week by doing your shopping in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Shouldn't you be sending this email of complaint to Aer Lingus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'm confused :confused:
    Isn't it usually a Ryanair bashing thread we get??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Chucken wrote: »

The OP is drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

leg room is puny compared to every other airline I have flown.

WTF? I take it you have never sat upon one of Ryanairs finest plastic knee crushers?

WTF? I take it you have never sat upon one of Ryanairs finest plastic knee crushers?

Why would you need a plane? You believe you can fly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I use them to fly back to Ireland 3 times a year and I find them ok but their website........grrrrr. I've got no choice but to use it otherwise I would never have gone back a second time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What's your issue with T2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

OP must have grown a bit since his last flight.

http://www.seatguru.com/charts/shorthaul_economy.php

And what is the problem with T2, now that the Butlers issue has been sorted :)

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

It's no T1 Ted :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Westjet Rock !!

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

There is a smoking area in T1 , so I can have a glass of wine and a smoke to relax before the flight. In general, I just prefer T1, difficult to explain why.

Chucken wrote: »

Have been on a Ryanair flight last year and I found it was fine. My expectations were pretty low to start with but I ended up pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

There is a smoking area in T1 , so I can have a glass of wine and a smoke to relax before the flight. In general, I just prefer T1, difficult to explain why.

Smoking , ...Drinking ....stress issues

T2 is the least of your worries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

I hate that going from one level to another in some illogical order in T2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I have been flying around Europe every couple of weeks for some months now. I hate terminal 2 in Dublin Airport so will always opt to fly with an Airline going from T1.
    I had the misfortune this week to fly Aer Lingus to Barcelona. It was truely awful. Long queues at check in as there was only 3 desks open and 1 luggage drop off desk for the likes of me who always uses mobile app check in. Staff were "Polite" but unfriendly. Couldn't bring hand luggage as well as a laptop bag so had to check in my cabin bag.
    Seats are dire on planes, leg room is puny compared to every other airline I have flown.
    What really amazes me is their prices are at best equal to the non low cost airlines and in many cases only 20 Euro cheaper.
    Check in desk in Barcelona opened just 2hrs before the flight, have never seen that with another airline before.
    When I fly to London I only will go on the British Airways flights as you at least get a cup of coffee, a snack and can take a cabin bag as well as the laptop bag and the staff are very friendly.
    Am all for buying Irish but not when you get cr@p service.

I get what you're saying but i hate when people say that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You know you can walk from T2 to T1 once you're through security and back again if you really want to get a smoke in before your flight.

Also the length of the walk will negate the negative effects of your smoke, so it's win-win really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Blue Crystal

You know you can walk from T2 to T1 once you're through security and back again if you really want to get a smoke in before your flight.

Also the length of the walk will negate the negative effects of your smoke, so it's win-win really

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

What airlines do you normally fly with OP? I've been on quite a few and Aer Lingus is far from the worst, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that

How dare you question my methodology...

What airlines do you normally fly with OP? I've been on quite a few and Aer Lingus is far from the worst, believe me.

In the last few months, have flown mainly BA, SAS, Lufthansa and once Air France. You definately get spoiled with Lufthansa. Have also done long haul with Etihad and Emirates.

I love Aer Lingus and fly with them quite regularly. Comfy seats, friendly staff. Stuck on the plane for two hours before take off last week because of the air traffic control issues in the uk and we all got free tea/coffee and biscuits and a voucher for food. I've been on other airlines a lot longer without as much as a sorry for the delay.

Far from the worst airline.

Oh and it's a ten minute walk from t1 to t2 so you could arrive a bit earlier if you want to hang out there first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

In the last few months, have flown mainly BA, SAS, Lufthansa and once Air France. You definately get spoiled with Lufthansa. Have also done long haul with Etihad and Emirates.
    They are all 4 star airlines, well, not sure about SAS. Aer Lingus is a 3 star, you're not comparing like with like at all. Anyway, I'd take Aer Lingus any day over Air France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lillycool

Love T1 and have no problem with T2 but sometimes in T2 the trek to your flight is a bit long, especially if you are a tiny bit late. Can't understand why T2 don't have those moving walking strips things going the whole way through, instead of stopping and starting, and have them moving at a faster rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

I was very pleased with Aer Lingus when I missed the cut-off for
    online check-in. I got a £10,15mins taxi from the city to airport
    and they checked me in for free. No queue either. I'll never see Prestwick again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Have flown with Aer Lingus about 8 times in the last 3 years or so. Flew with them from Chicago to Dublin return, returned last week.

I have always tried to fly Aer Lingus when the price wasn't hugely different. I think I'm finished with that loyalty. The staff don't give a ****. Went to the bag drop in Terminal 2 and the woman there was talking to her colleague for 3 or 4 minutes with us standing in front of her...She waved us forward!!! she wasn't talking about work either. She then asked for passports and starting talking to the guy again, same through out the entire deal. Put your bag up, she's putting the sticker on the bag with her head turned chatting away to the guy.

Next up the stewardesses, one of them was walking down the aisles checking on crap before landing. She had not talked to us at all for the entire flight. She comes by and barks "Just put the shade up"....no could you please or thanks or any pleasantries....

When they were bringing the 'light breakfast' they give before landing. The stewardess literally threw the f'kin thing onto my tray...

Next up. I've flown with them quite a bit over the years and so I signed up to the frequent flyers program. After this last trip I checked my balance and it shows 0...I asked their support what was up with that and I was told flyer miles aren't provided for 'promotional' flights...now I didn't even know it was a promotion...the cost was the same as months previous...also if you ever look at the Aer Lingus website, there's always a promotion on.

I was on one of their newer Airbus' this time around and there's quite possibly less leg space now, there's a big metal yoke to the right of the seat in front of you. The movie choice was crap (don't care about that so much) and the new Wifi service was way over priced compared to US Airways, United etc. who use that GoGo service...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Blue Crystal

ITT:thinly veiled 'I travel a lot'

Advertisement