Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

@Columc Cheers for the info man, sounds like you got a good one. Gonna just order one of them tomorrow. Screw the more expensive achieva shimian.Wanna be playing Battlefield 4 at 1440 when it comes out, thats the dream anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

EoinHef wrote: »
    @Columc Cheers for the info man, sounds like you got a good one. Gonna just order one of them tomorrow. Screw the more expensive achieva shimian.Wanna be playing Battlefield 4 at 1440 when it comes out, thats the dream anyway!

That's the same reason I got mine...
    Picking up another 7970 for it next week...should be sweet..

Which of these have people had most success overclocking? That's where my main interest would lie; 1440P @ ~120Hz.

I have mine at 100 hz... That gets me medium settings(7970)
    for bf3 with vsync @ 100...silky smooth..

dwighet wrote: »
    That's the same reason I got mine...
    Picking up another 7970 for it next week...should be sweet..

Yeah cant wait to see what it looks like at 1440. Nice,I was looking at getting a second 7950 for crossfire for it but im not sure weather to just buy it or wait for new amd cards. Could even be a price drop on their 79xx cards when the new ones come out, nothing worse than buying something and its a €100 cheaper a week later!

Yeah cant wait to see what it looks like at 1440. Nice,I was looking at getting a second 7950 for crossfire for it but im not sure weather to just buy it or wait for new amd cards. Could even be a price drop on their 79xx cards when the new ones come out, nothing worse than buying something and its a €100 cheaper a week later!

I hear ya...I just don't have patience to wait and see..

• Advertisement

dwighet wrote: »
    I hear ya...I just don't have patience to wait and see..

Ha, I can understand that, I aint got much patience either!! Thats why im gonna get the monitor first, see how one 7950 performs and then see if itz worth doubling up or just getting a totally new card, either way hopefully ill have the monitor by next monday if I order in the morning

Finally after the most undecisive few weeks of my life i finally pulled the trigger on a Qnix:D
    Dont know what it was about decideing which monitor to get but it absolutely wrecked my head!!

In the end i went with the Qnix matte DVI model from accessorieswhole(3 dead pixels max without perfect pixel),didnt bother with the perfect pixel because most people seem to be getting none/cant see them if they do and back light bleed seems to be the main issue and perfect pixel wont help with that.
    Watch ill get loads of dead pixels now:P

Went DVI model because from what people have posted they haven really been using it with anything other than a PC so thought id save a few quid considering id probably only use it for pc,have a nice spare 23" LG ips for consoles or anything of that nature now anyway.

Great thread this for info on these monitors,thanks to all who contributed
    Anyone know where to get the dual link dvi cable btw?

Looks like the BF4 1440p dream is gonna be realised anyway:)

Finally after the most undecisive few weeks of my life i finally pulled the trigger on a Qnix:D
    Dont know what it was about decideing which monitor to get but it absolutely wrecked my head!!

In the end i went with the Qnix matte DVI model from accessorieswhole(3 dead pixels max without perfect pixel),didnt bother with the perfect pixel because most people seem to be getting none/cant see them if they do and back light bleed seems to be the main issue and perfect pixel wont help with that.

Went DVI model because from what people have posted they haven really been using it with anything other than a PC so thought id save a few quid considering id probably only use it for pc,have a nice spare 23" LG ips for consoles or anything of that nature now anyway.

Noble choice Sir:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Anyone know where to get the dual link dvi cable btw?

Well in, good luck with it. Have you a link to the one you bought?

Well in, good luck with it. Have you a link to the one you bought?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-27-2560x1440-SAMSUNG-PLS-27in-PC-Monitor-/111078161308?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19dcc63b9c

^^This one

Far as I could see 0-3 dead pixel for NON perfect pixel seems to be as good as it gets. Everything else seems to be pot luck from what ive read.

It did cost €264 after checkout not
    the €254 advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-27-2560x1440-SAMSUNG-PLS-27in-PC-Monitor-/111078161308?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19dcc63b9c

^^This one

Far as I could see 0-3 dead pixel for NON perfect pixel seems to be as good as it gets. Everything else seems to be pot luck from what ive read.

It did cost €264 after checkout not
    the €254 advertised.

That's paypal for you! They screw you on the exchange rate.

You should the lead with the monitor, if you don't send me a PM I think we can get them through work cheap enough.

AntDub wrote: »
    That's paypal for you! They screw you on the exchange rate.

You should the lead with the monitor, if you don't send me a PM I think we can get them through work cheap enough.

Was thinkin it might be that,the transaction was in dollars:(
    Ah well, if I get a decent monitor out of this it be money well spent:)

Cheers thanks for the offer, I had a quick check around bricks and mortar this morning but no joy, and im not gonna go to maplins and get ripped off for a cable, there like £7 on amazon failing all else

• Registered Users Posts: 53,852 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would love to play my xbox 360 on the qnix. GTA on proper gaming monitor @ 1080p would look great. Pity..

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

After reading this thread, I now own one of the QNIX models, it arrived yesterday from Greensum. I can't see any dead pixels, and although the frame seems to bulge out at the bottom in the centre, there's really no back light bleeding that I've noticed either, I'll stick up a photo later.

Ordered for €270 with delivery, was charged another €61.33 in customs when it came here.

Now just to sell off my last 20" dell monitor!

And here it is, fits in nicely and really enjoying the extra real estate. I couldn't be happier with it, works fine with my (relatively old) AMD 5850

DSC_0493_zpsb32bf7c5.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

And here it is, fits in nicely and really enjoying the extra real estate. I couldn't be happier with it, works fine with my (relatively old) AMD 5850

DSC_0493_zpsb32bf7c5.jpg

How bad is your yellow ghosting? Mine seems to change day to day.

Yellow Ghosting? Is that another term for back light bleed or is it something else?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

where is the wallpaper from? Did you colour calibrate?

I do a bit of photography, that's a photo I took in my friends garden. And no, I have not colour calibrated, once it seems fine to my eyes I'm just happy to go with it, I don't do any professional media production.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Yellow Ghosting? Is that another term for back light bleed or is it something else?

I think BLB is an incorrect term for the problem. But if that's what you want call it then yeah, BLB.

• Advertisement

I've googled yellow ghosting and can only find things in relation to projectors, not monitors, but lets say if I've the google home page open full screen, it's an all white image, and I don't see a hint of yellow in the white anywhere, if that's what you were describing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Whats the Dell monitor you have next to it? I've just go rid of my second monitor (for the third time of using multiple monitor setups) now I want it back! :D Is it using any sort of customer stand?

Bepolite wrote: »
    Whats the Dell monitor you have next to it? I've just go rid of my second monitor (for the third time of using multiple monitor setups) now I want it back! :D Is it using any sort of customer stand?

It's a Dell 2007wfp, 20 inch....coincidentally I have one for sale on Adverts...

And now, that's the stand that came with it, it rotates.

It's a Dell 2007wfp, 20 inch....coincidentally I have one for sale on Adverts...

I'm paid on Friday and so far I've bought:

A 200mm rad and fan
    Sonar DX2 sound card
    1TB HDD

and now I'm putting an offer on a monitor :P

And now, that's the stand that came with it, it rotates.

Also what are you using to display two different backdrops? TIA :)

Bepolite wrote: »
    Also what are you using to display two different backdrops? TIA :)

If you're using Windows 8 you can simply choose 2 wallpapers in the appearance or personalise control panel, seen here

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Forgot to mention that fedex sent me an invoice around 2 weeks back and I have it somewhere in the house :D Any ideas if they send someone to follow up on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

AH92 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that fedex sent me an invoice around 2 weeks back and I have it somewhere in the house :D Any ideas if they send someone to follow up on them?

Yeah I got one as well 7 weeks ago.. oops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Paid mine, death and taxes n all that. Plus if fedex get stung enough there will be no more monitors from Korea !

• Advertisement

Qnix arrived from korea today,shipping took a little longer than usual but i did order during korean new year(which the seller said would cause delays so fair enough). A week to get from korea to me is impressive in my book though.

My god the stand really is terrible,i underestimated how bad it is,have a kitten in the house which i hope doesnt end in disater:o

Ill check for dead pixels and back light bleed tonight and throw up a few pics if there is any

Edit: Box contained the dvi adapter and an adapter for the power brick plug,i did request the adapter which i think you have to ask for it,from accessorieswhole anyway

Advertisement