Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Surely you cant be serious?

Must...........Not.............Take..................The................Bait................gnnnnnn........................ iamseriousanddontcallmeshirley .........ahhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Wereghost wrote: »
    Airplane! is now on Irish Netflix.

Go on, you know you want to.

Roger Roger

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Separate threads for film & TV
    The Hobbit now up on Irish Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Is the Hobbit worth the 2.5 hours runtime? I'm really disillusioned with the 1 small book being pulled into a LOTR style trilogy?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

djkeogh wrote: »
    Is the Hobbit worth the 2.5 hours runtime? I'm really disillusioned with the 1 small book being pulled into a LOTR style trilogy?

Yes and no, there's way more in the book than is part of the main story that gets fleshed out in the film but it takes aaages to get going and there's a lot of padding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like in 24fps.

snausages wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like in 24fps.

Blurry, some of the panning shots are horrid looking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

krudler wrote: »
    Blurry, some of the panning shots are horrid looking

Hmmm just watched the prologue via the 'smart' TV and it looked fine to me? The panning shots seemed grand, not too blurred. Either way, it looks so much better on the eye than the awful high-framerate version, feels like a proper film

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmmm just watched the prologue via the 'smart' TV and it looked fine to me? The panning shots seemed grand, not too blurred. Either way, it looks so much better on the eye than the awful high-framerate version, feels like a proper film

some of the HFR stuff looked awful but it looked great in other shots, there's a shot early on showing loads of people walking across a field or marsh or something in the prologue leaving the Dwarf city and it looked stunning in the HFR version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Watched "Arbitrage" last night on US Flix, excellent film even if its not 100 original and very much like Woody's "Crimes and Misdemeanors", I don't think 've ever seen a film where Richard Gere was good in but he's excellent in this, maybe because he's left his pretty boy persona behind and can now concentrate on the acting. 8/10. Also, "On The Road" is on Irish Flix got mixed reviews but I'll give it a butchers later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Just found out Twin Peaks on Canada netflix.
    Sweet

Watched "Arbitrage" last night on US Flix, excellent film even if its not 100 original and very much like Woody's "Crimes and Misdemeanors", I don't think 've ever seen a film where Richard Gere was good in but he's excellent in this, maybe because he's left his pretty boy persona behind and can now concentrate on the acting. 8/10. Also, "On The Road" is on Irish Flix got mixed reviews but I'll give it a butchers later.

Gere has been turning in great performances for years, no one plays a bastard better than he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Life Of Pi on the Canadian Netflix - I would highly recommend it. Easily the best 3D film I've seen - although I am sure it still looks stunning in Super HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Barna77 wrote: »
    Just found out Twin Peaks on Canada netflix.
    Sweet

It's also on US Netflix. I can't get in to Canada these days, dagnabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I read somewhere that the new episodes of breaking bad will be available to stream right after they air. It's starting up again tomorrow, anyone know if its true or not?

I read somewhere that the new episodes of breaking bad will be available to stream right after they air. It's starting up again tomorrow, anyone know if its true or not?

Yep. Excited.

Changed to netflix IRL. Airplane and hobbit for hungover Sunday....

Nice.... so I'll be able to watch the new episode of Breaking Bad on the IRL flix tomorrow?

Should be. I'll be checking first thing in the morning. Otherwise, streaming as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Barna77 wrote: »
    Yep. Excited.

Changed to netflix IRL
    . Airplane and hobbit for hungover Sunday....

How do you do this and can you go back to US afterwards?

I watch it on the Wii, you can change the DNS settings to any network.
    Don't know how it works with other devices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah Breaking Bad tomorrow night for me, that is a fantastic deal by Netflix and AMC and more series to come like that (hopefully)! AMC get revenue from Netflix and Netflix get more subscribers. Be interesting to see what time it's up on Netflix tomorrow will it be AM or PM?

Well when you look at BB's massive viewerbase and the fact that the only legal way to watch it in the UK and Ireland is by waiting a year for a region 2 DVD release (which people aren't inclined to do) it only makes sense to put them up on Netflix. I don't think it's the kind of thing they'll be doing too often with their other series most of which are pretty well established here.

Is BB really on netflix tomorrow? I thought it was a week after broadcast.

Their twitter is saying Monday: https://twitter.com/NetflixUK

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

snausages wrote: »
    Well when you look at BB's massive viewerbase and the fact that the only legal way to watch it in the UK and Ireland is by waiting a year for a region 2 DVD release (which people aren't inclined to do) it only makes sense to put them up on Netflix. I don't think it's the kind of thing they'll be doing too often with their other series most of which are pretty well established here.

That's not to say they won't outbid on new seasons of popular shows over here like Sky did by poaching some of the shows off Channel 4 etc, can't see them getting any of the fx shows buy you never know maybe The Walking Dead might be next if the Breaking Bad experiment goes well for Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Season 7 of The Office has been added to Irish Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

krudler wrote: »
    Is BB really on netflix tomorrow? I thought it was a week after broadcast.

No tomorrow

No tomorrow

Yus! that's my Monday night sorted and no need to get it off my American cousins :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Rust & Bone, Flight and Chasing Mavericks are on Canadian flix now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Have been looking forward to the final series of BB for ages. Well second half of last series.
    But I've decided to go back to the very beginning and watch every glorious episode again. Just to refresh my memory and heighten the anticipation. Half way through season 2 in three days and have unfollowed all BB threads and forums. So no spoilers on this thread please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement