Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11 - Arklow to Rathnew

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sorry I mean the roundabout over the main bridge at junction 8. There is a back road there off it

That's not under motorway regulations either.

Sorry I mean the roundabout over the main bridge at junction 8. There is a back road there off it
    Yes, i know, that's the one I meant, does it have an name?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭prunudo

vickers209 wrote: »
    But looking at it the current road through ballinmeesda it will be still there once the road opens and the can access the wood there from the roundabout at beehive??

That's way it looks to me too. Although there is a lilo ramp on the new northbound lane at ballinamessda but I'm not sure where that's going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭jd

jvan wrote: »
    That's way it looks to me too. Although there is a lilo ramp on the new northbound lane at ballinamessda but I'm not sure where that's going to.

I think the lilo is a replacement for the gate below!
    https://www.google.com/maps?ll=52.913457,-6.078873&spn=0.213241,0.591202&cbp=12,255.75,,1,8.57&layer=c&panoid=M5PKbikXMeXJ1krkjKXMpA&cbll=52.93823,-6.120141&dg=opt&t=m&z=11

Quickelles wrote: »
    I notice this thread is celebrating it's eight birthday..and finally the sod turns?
    I was in my 30's when the thread started, hopefully I won't be in my 50's when the damn road opens :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Have earthworks actually started yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Have earthworks actually started yet?

No.

Apparently they spend several months getting their portacabins in place first.

No.

Plus the ESB, Eircom and other services need to divert their lines & pipes before the construction can start.

Plus the ESB, Eircom and other services need to divert their lines & pipes before the construction can start.
    I thought this was done already?
    http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/news/road-closure-for-esb-work-on-n11-27859341.html

Well. They have had eight years to do that.

• Advertisement

Well. They have had eight years to do that.
    "Ah, sure, they're not going to be building that road for a few more years, that can wait!" :pac:

That's the way it happens when you've got more pressing projects to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There were markers for a power line crossing the site to stop earthworks machinery hitting it,
    Just on the hill at the north end of the arklow bypass

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

And portaloos!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

jd wrote: »
    I think the lilo is a replacement for the gate below!
    Just had a look at the existing road in Streetview there. Shocking!

Drove to Wexford on Saturday. Construction signs up, with 8 site entrances off the current N11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Good bit of earthworks evident on the inland side of the existing road at Jack Whites.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Glad to hear that earthworks have finally begun - I wonder if anyone will be able to post a few pics of the work up in this thread before long?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 A40D

Are there loads of dumptrucks and diggers on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

A40D wrote: »
    Are there loads of dumptrucks and diggers on site.

no a couple of excavators and i think i seen 1 moxy

JonnyM wrote: »
    no a couple of excavators and i think i seen 1 moxy

so they haven't really started yet,i applied to Bam for a dump truck driver job and haven't heard anything yet,has anyone else applied ?,and if so have you heard anything ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

At this stage the earthworks just seem to be preparatory to allow access for other equipment. All along the route all power lines and utilities have been cordoned for health & safety. I will try snap some pics over the coming days on my way home.

im just trying to keep an eye on it,so that if they do start fully on the job,ill know i wasn't successful with my application to Bam, be time then to head over to England as there is quite a few big earthworks jobs going on over there, a few pics would be great,thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Seem to have started works on the arklow end, 2 excavators are prepping the land removing all shrubbery and that seen another one at red cross turn working away behind the trees.
    Seen a tractor and trailer where the crane yard use to be.

All the warning barriers for overhead wires seem to be in place all along the route

Any further update on the work that's taking place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

They have cleared quite a bit of shrubbery, hedgerow and some trees. Also erected safety fencing and overheard warning barriers. Early days.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    They have cleared quite a bit of shrubbery, hedgerow and some trees. Also erected safety fencing and overheard warning barriers. Early days.
    Thanks,i thought they would have been flat out at it by now.

Thanks, I thought they would have been flat out at it by now.

I think this is the new "flat out"....judging by the leisurely pace of the Luas and various other works going on!

Thanks,i thought they would have been flat out at it by now.
    They might well be "flat out" but on unseen areas of the works, like installing drainage and culverts and other below ground stuff before the levelling begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

where can a detailed map of the project been seen? any links? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

wreckless wrote: »
    where can a detailed map of the project been seen? any links? thanks

http://www.wicklow.ie/apps/wicklowbeta/RoadsTransInfrast/N11%20Rathnew-Arklow.pdf

courtesy of nordydan in post #614

Advertisement