Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Is there any way to adjust the snooze time on the alarm clock. It seems to be set on 9 minutes? Or is there an ap for a good alarm clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I'm on vodafone and I'm not getting the new 7.8 update on zune. I know a couple of people who got their lumia a few weeks before me have gotten their update automatically .... any ideas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

stevenmu wrote: »
    You just need to download and run the "Network Settings" app from the Nokia Collection in the marketplace. It should detect that you are on Three, if not you just have to pick it from the list, it'll apply all the settings you need. The just restart your phone to make sure the settings take effect, and your MMS should work.

Also, you'll need to have mobile data enabled for MMS to work too.

Thanks for your reply.

Still no joy unfortunately.

I already have the "network setup" app installed on my phone. It says for operator - 3 Ireland. If I click on the add apn icon and go to the new screen - all the boxes are blank.

Even if I go to mobile network, it has 3 as the network and if I click on edit apn, the only box filled in is the APN box where it says 3ireland.ie

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Thanks for your reply.

Still no joy unfortunately.

I already have the "network setup" app installed on my phone. It says for operator - 3 Ireland. If I click on the add apn icon and go to the new screen - all the boxes are blank.

Even if I go to mobile network, it has 3 as the network and if I click on edit apn, the only box filled in is the APN box where it says 3ireland.ie

:confused:

I wouldn't waste my time with mms, just think of it as it doesn't have it. Cause it doesn't seem to work properly here in Ireland. I've never heard of the mms on lumia being a problem elsewhere, just use email or use the bluetooth transfer app.

There's vibes and what's app too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Hello, this problem has been happening at random times over the past few weeks, but today it caused me to be late for college, as the alarm on my phone never went off. This has happened a few times and its really becoming an major issue. My lumia is running 7.8, and when the alarm doesn't go off, if I go into the alarm app, then tap the slider that is on, to off, then the alarm will ring, even though the time on the alarm has passed well by now. What the hell?!

Also, when this happens, if I restart my phone by the power button, when it restarts, the time will be set back to a time and date a few days ago. Finally, when it restarts, I will sometimes receive a few texts at once, so im guessing these texts aren't popping up while the alarm never went off, so the phone is sort of in limbo during that period?

These three things always happen when the alarm doesn't go off. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Hello, this problem has been happening at random times over the past few weeks, but today it caused me to be late for college, as the alarm on my phone never went off. This has happened a few times and its really becoming an major issue. My lumia is running 7.8, and when the alarm doesn't go off, if I go into the alarm app, then tap the slider that is on, to off, then the alarm will ring, even though the time on the alarm has passed well by now. What the hell?!

Also, when this happens, if I restart my phone by the power button, when it restarts, the time will be set back to a time and date a few days ago. Finally, when it restarts, I will sometimes receive a few texts at once, so im guessing these texts aren't popping up while the alarm never went off, so the phone is sort of in limbo during that period?

These three things always happen when the alarm doesn't go off. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea how to fix it?

I had that problem on a handful of occasions and was late for work twice. It only happened when the phone was on the charger. I also had jerky scrolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Androidlovers

This phone supports windows only ,cannot make with other android or iPhone for bluetooth or etc.

This phone supports windows only ,cannot make with other android or iPhone for bluetooth or etc.

Iphones dont support file transfer over bluetooth. Though on a Lumia you can get an app that will send files over BT to Android phones or pcs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

Can anyone help me with this - I'm trying to upload photos of a college project to my Outlook account so I can include them in a report. Every time I select the photo and press ''Share on Outlook'' it says it has been sent and when I check the account it doesn't show up. I was doing this the other day and had the same problem. For some odd reason only some photos are sending and others aren't. Can the inbox only contain a certain number of photos or something?

Also can anyone tell me how I send entire photo albums to Outlook / Facebook? So far I can only send each photo individually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

Have you checked your SkyDrive, as your Photos would be stored there

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

I got the update that gives me the option of the small tiles during the week and now I'm finding that the screen goes blank while I'm on a phone call and it won't light up again so it's becoming a pain in the hole hanging up.

In fact it goes blank almost as soon as I press the call button to make the call.

This wasn't happening before the update so I'm guessing it's something that has changed since I downloaded that.

I ran the diagnostics check and the proximity sensor is detecting when something is near it or not so it's not a case that that's not working.

It's also not the clip on the cover I'm using as I make sure that's well out of the way.

I probably look like a complete lunatic to anybody looking on when the see me shaking the phone and holding it away from me trying to get it to come back on.

Any ideas how to sort this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

simi956 wrote: »
    Have you checked your SkyDrive, as your Photos would be stored there

Same problem. They're not showing up on SkyDrive either.

Cerbera wrote: »
    I got the update that gives me the option of the small tiles during the week and now I'm finding that the screen goes blank while I'm on a phone call and it won't light up again so it's becoming a pain in the hole hanging up.

In fact it goes blank almost as soon as I press the call button to make the call.

This wasn't happening before the update so I'm guessing it's something that has changed since I downloaded that.

I ran the diagnostics check and the proximity sensor is detecting when something is near it or not so it's not a case that that's not working.

It's also not the clip on the cover I'm using as I make sure that's well out of the way.

I probably look like a complete lunatic to anybody looking on when the see me shaking the phone and holding it away from me trying to get it to come back on.

Do you have a screen protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Hi All,

wondering if someone can help, i am trying to get my contacts to sync up to MSN account but i dont see them there, i use mail for exchange on my phone which is my work email and when i check in contacts on outlook on laptop, i can see they are all in there, but i cant seem to get them to sync to msn account?

Also when i check in the settings menu for email acc's, for my hotmail acc, i dont have the option to sync contacts, it only shows email, whereas in mail for exchange acc options, i can select contacts / calendar etc..

Any ideas how i can get the contacts onto my hotmail / msn account?

Also is there a way to save the contacts directly to the phone as i think my contacts in outlook, so if i remove this, i will lose my contacts?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Exact same problem here and it does my head in! I've been trying the same things you describe. If you ever find a solution please PM me or post it here!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tommy890

g0g wrote: »
    Exact same problem here and it does my head in! I've been trying the same things you describe. If you ever find a solution please PM me or post it here!!!!

yea same here. Please help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Can you roll back the update or check for a later one?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

My 800 did it before the update and still does it after. I just lock and unlock and it lights up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

My wifey's 800 has been doing the same was returned to meteor twice for repair still happening she can't top her her credit now because the screen switches off ,
    Looking like a new phone is going to be required

• Advertisement

Do you have a screen protector?
    g0g wrote: »
    tommy890 wrote: »
    yea same here. Please help

Yeah it's got a screen protector on it.

In fact it's got the same screen protector on it today as it did last week.

I seriously doubt that the screen protector is the issue seeing as it was working fine with it up to now.

I seriously doubt that the screen protector is the issue seeing as it was working fine with it up to now.

Ha you'd be surprised :) take it off

Ha you'd be surprised :) take it off

Just off the proximity sensor?

Just off the proximity sensor?

Whatever way, I had a couple of people that came in with Lumia's and surprisingly I took the screen protector and it started working properly. Not entirely sure why does it affect the proximity sensor after a certain time.

Now in a couple of cases there were issues where the actual sensor itself was faulty, but the majority of them were screen protectors.

Ever wonder why some screen protectors come with cut outs where the sensors are instead of just letting them cover it? Exactly that reason.

Give it a try anyway. Nothing to lose but a 3 euro screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Still cannot send or receive pic messages on o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 red662

unlink your phone and restart as if its a new phone i know it sounds a bit basic but make sure you are combining the right accounts. my 800 when i started it up i just signed into my normall account on the phone then through settings go to email = accounts and add an account you should see what you are connected to and make sure if you are using a single address and gettin mail redirected there allows you to get that info to start with. hope thats of some use

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

red662 wrote: »
    unlink your phone and restart as if its a new phone i know it sounds a bit basic but make sure you are combining the right accounts. my 800 when i started it up i just signed into my normall account on the phone then through settings go to email = accounts and add an account you should see what you are connected to and make sure if you are using a single address and gettin mail redirected there allows you to get that info to start with. hope thats of some use

how do I unlink the account,do I just delete the windows live acc in settings?

I set up my account as you described,when I got the phone I just connected to windows live with hotmail login.

I also notice issue with Gmail acc but this acc has the box showing sync contacts but when I look in Gmail acc,I dont see them either..can only one email account sync your contacts?

no i have 4 accounts all linked seperatly but at each webmail account you have to enable/allow your phone access to your contacts and stuff, what i did was u said you have your hotmail sorted? i would forward all my mail to your hotmail so its all in one place, that solves ur mail but as for your contacts unless your not adding the accounts through settings, it allows you to enable as many accounts as you want, but keeps them all together in one place, but you have to, in your phone go into each seperate email account and your gmail contacts will be seen in ur gmail account and so on so at the bottom of you mail page bottom right click it and the options there are helpfull but click on folders, go to the account that you originally saved the contact and you shouldnt have a prob. once you have it done properly once it should b in memory for the next time .
    to unlink the accounts just delete them from your phone, if you havent saved a lot of stuff do a reset or if you have do a backup then a reset and link your accounts,go to email,add account, other account if its not one listed and just type you user name and password the phone should so the rest, it should have your email provider there if it doesnt just pick other account n fill in the details
    hope that was a bit helpful:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hi lads my lumia is having some trouble again :( Left it beside the bed overnight and today it shows no signs of life. I had it plugged in charging for the last few hours and nothing is happening, the screen is still blank. Plugged it into the computer and some drivers installed. But still nothing on the screen.

Any ideas

• Advertisement

When it was last on was it ok? Hav U installed any new apps or changed any settings? If yes to anything like that try a factory reset, also charging your phone all knight not good for batterylife. If you didn't do any of the above maybe U dropped it and something came loose hope this helps

Advertisement