Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'm sick to death of hearing about Savita Halappanavar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

pragmatic1 wrote: »

Yeah me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Humans of New York is really cheesy.
    The comments are nearly worse. Vom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Poor Savita is sick to death too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Madam_X wrote: »
    They make me wonder: why is it assumed that all gay adults have the musical taste of a 12-year-old girl?

I said to my friend why bother going to them if they're so sh1t but as he says, its not as easy to meet fellas elsewhere.

I'd imagine that unless a guy has great gaydar or the other guy is very flamboyant it'd be hard to tell. And would probably be confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I think violence is the answer sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Supporting my local football team instead of 'supporting' a foreign team like Celtic or Man Utd (from the pub usually) makes me more of a proper football fan than those who don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

thebuzz wrote: »
    Supporting my local football team instead of 'supporting' a foreign team like Celtic or Man Utd (from the pub usually) makes me more of a proper football fan than those who don't.

No, it makes you a proper (local team) fan.

I'd perfer to watch Barcelona than Bray Wnderers, simply because of the quality of the football I'm going to see, but I support neither team.

The main problem I have with LOI, though, is the price of the tickets.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I think the Beatles are ****e, but most people I know love them. I cant stomach them, especially Paul McCartney :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Death by misadventure. What in the name of f**k is that?

Death by negligence I understand, death by a complete f**k up I understand. But death by misadventure I haven't the foggiest.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lost in cork

talkinyite wrote: »
    I think taxes should be cut rather than increased, and that Ireland should get reparations from England, Fianna Fáil and the Church.
    When are we going to grow up as a country and stop blaming the English for our problems

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Possible unpopular opinion: I find Mary Lou McDonald quite attractive. Not sure why although it may have something to do with her position of authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Considering it highlights how absolutely retarded this country is in relation to women's health I think it deserves the coverage it's getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

You cant get rich being an employee throughout your life, business is the only way to rise above a certain limit and to get RICH.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

You cant get rich being an employee throughout your life, business is the only way to rise above a certain limit and to get RICH.

That depends on your interpretation of "rich".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Wilberto wrote: »
    Possible unpopular opinion: I find Mary Lou McDonald quite attractive. Not sure why although it may have something to do with her position of authority.

This thread is for unpopular opinions, not manky opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

kupus wrote: »
    Death by misadventure. What in the name of f**k is that?

Death by negligence I understand, death by a complete f**k up I understand. But death by misadventure I haven't the foggiest.....

An accidental death due to misfortune. There's no violation of law or criminal negligence.

A good example is that of musician Terry Kath, he fired a handgun into his head at a party without realising that the weapon was loaded.

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭Spanish Harlem

India is an absolute hell-hole with a backward primitive culture. Discrimination is rife within the medieval caste system, infanticide is common with baby girls, and they are completely uneducated regarding hygiene. Indians will happily bathe in the disease infested Ganges river, while rotten dead corpses float by. Ireland needs to boycott India until they cop-on - don't buy Indian products, don't accept Indian immigrants into this country, and discourage people from travelling there.

You will never get rich ploughing another mans field

India is an absolute hell-hole with a backward primitive culture. Discrimination is rife within the medieval caste system, infanticide is common with baby girls, and they are completely uneducated regarding hygiene. Indians will happily bathe in the disease infested Ganges river, while rotten dead corpses float by. Ireland needs to boycott India until they cop-on - don't buy Indian products, don't accept Indian immigrants into this country, and discourage people from travelling there.
    That aside you love the place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm hoping the irony isn't lost on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

-Women should have to get a licence to get pregnant.
    -A questionnaire covering several topics (politics, general knowledge etc.)and an IQ test should be taken before being able to vote, people who score under a certain mark should be exempt from voting.
    -I'm not female, but if I found out that my child would have a severe physical or mental disability while I was pregnant I would have an abortion
    -People need to be WAY more critical of Islam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

-Women should have to get a licence to get pregnant.
    Will this licence automatically implant them with a 100% successful contraceptive?

Madam_X wrote: »
    Will this licence automatically implant them with a 100% successful contraceptive?
    Hah. I have no idea how it would play out but I think the idea as a whole would be ideal for society.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Hah. I have no idea how it would play out but I think the idea as a whole would be ideal for society.

Hitler fancied eugenics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Addle wrote: »
    So did a large number of countries at the time. Hitler gave it a bad name.

sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

humbert wrote: »
    So did a large number of countries at the time. Hitler gave it a bad name.

Many of those countries gave it bad name. Hitler made it high profile, but other countries had pretty questionable practices in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

annnnnnd Godwin'd

Well done people, 6690 replies it took. Surely a world record?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Many countries were into eugenics back then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement