Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

vicM wrote: »
    I had updated the phone to the latest update including the firmware, so dont know why it stalled,shall be asking for a report when picking up the phone

Before you leave their office, install the diagnostic app by dialing ##634# Then check the battery status there. If the battery icon is completly white its not fixed.

Make sure they have the latest firmware on the phone otherwise the battery problem will come back when you install the new firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

is 1750.0805.8773.12220 the latest firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

That's what my new one is.

Yip thats the latest.

Dropped my phone into Fonfix on the 20/08 and they are now saying I won't have my new phone till the 06/09 :eek: That's a pain in the arse as I'm off for 2 weeks on the 03/09. 3 weeks seems like a long time to get a replacement phone sent? :confused:

I've emailed them to ask if I can get it couriered over at my expense but I'm pretty sure they'll say it's not possible :(

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Yip thats the latest.

Dropped my phone into Fonfix on the 20/08 and they are now saying I won't have my new phone till the 06/09 :eek: That's a pain in the arse as I'm off for 2 weeks on the 03/09. 3 weeks seems like a long time to get a replacement phone sent? :confused:

I've emailed them to ask if I can get it couriered over at my expense but I'm pretty sure they'll say it's not possible :(

Is it because of the colour? Is yours Cyan?

Very hard to go so long without a phone. I was using an E51 whilst it was in Fonemenders. It was like living without an arm. Really noticed how good the Lumia is when it was gone.

• Advertisement

Dub XV wrote: »
    Is it because of the colour? Is yours Cyan?

Very hard to go so long without a phone. I was using an E51 whilst it was in Fonemenders. It was like living without an arm. Really noticed how good the Lumia is when it was gone.

Yip it's Cyan alright.

I'm using a HTC HD2 with a Windows Phone 7 Mango rom flashed on and it works very well. My only problem in the SD card I'm using is only 1GB in size so I don't have much room to install anything on it. :pac:

I don't know if anyone remembered Nokia running a competion to win a Nokia Lumia. “What would you do for a Nokia Lumia”. Well out of all the replies one bloke called Damien from Wexford tweeted

@Nokia I will let you paint my car for a Lumia 900. I am serious.” – @skooal – aka Damien, from Wexford

Well he won a Nokia Lumia 900 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I got my headphones today, and they're pretty neat, they have a much sturdier "feel" than I expected.

Shame my actual Lumia is off getting repaired...

Got back the lumia back yesterday, apparently a faulty component was to blame. did the battery diagnostic and seems fine. Latest firmware as well, the lumia is flying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Got back the lumia back yesterday, apparently a faulty component was to blame. did the battery diagnostic and seems fine. Latest firmware as well, the lumia is flying :D

Sweet hopefully that would be a the last of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

I have a really stupid question to ask. When texting on the 800 can you choose between a qwerty or an alphanumeric keypad?

Thanks

I have a really stupid question to ask. When texting on the 800 can you choose between a qwerty or an alphanumeric keypad?

Thanks
    No but there's an app in the marketplace for a 1.50 I think that brings in a great 4x3 keyboard

T9 keyboard or something its called. Should be in the top paid apps

I got my headphones today, and they're pretty neat, they have a much sturdier "feel" than I expected.

Shame my actual Lumia is off getting repaired...

What's up with your lumia??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Is there any way of switching off predictive text on the lumia? its fecking annoying when sending text or leaving comments on facebook:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It woke up bricked the other day. :(

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Is there any way of switching off predictive text on the lumia? its fecking annoying when sending text or leaving comments on facebook:mad:

Settings
    - System
    - Keyboard
    - Typing settings
    - English

And then uncheck "suggest text and highlight mispelt words"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Settings
    - System
    - Keyboard
    - Typing settings
    - English

And then uncheck "suggest text and highlight mispelt words"

Thanks a mill Dub xv, got it sorted. Still learning how to use the lumia:o

It woke up bricked the other day. :(

think the latest firmware had something corrupting a power IC, the phone just dies!

Any one seen lines running across the screen on a white colour? Once the whole screen is white see lines running through it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What is the main reason for installing a custom rom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

What is the main reason for installing a custom rom?

Customisation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Any one seen lines running across the screen on a white colour? Once the whole screen is white see lines running through it

Yes Evo, I notice that sometimes. It's kinda faint but it's definitely there. I was hoping it was my imagination! :o

Ronan H wrote: »

Yes Evo, I notice that sometimes. It's kinda faint but it's definitely there. I was hoping it was my imagination! :o

Let me guess they appeared after the tango upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Any ideas why my lumia won't connect to Zune. The notification sound to indicate its connected sounds, it shows its charging.

It was working perfect last week. Any ideas?

eire-kp wrote: »
    Any ideas why my lumia won't connect to Zune. The notification sound to indicate its connected sounds, it shows its charging.

It was working perfect last week. Any ideas?

Did it get the latest update recently?

Are you using the correct cable that was supplied with the phone?

After the update my one started acting up. Would charge but not connect to Zune....then eventually would do neither.

I gave it to FoneMenders Clondalkin and after 10 days I got a new replacement. I did have some other issues like not being able to send or receive MMS and could not send emails containing pics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

hey guys a lumia/ windows phone question.

I got a lumia 710 lovely phone only just messing around with it now, is there any way to control how it access the net, can you set it to only check emails and allow internet explorer when it has a wifi connection ?

Its not a big deal its just i will need to go to a higher pay as you go offer otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Did it get the latest update recently?

Are you using the correct cable that was supplied with the phone?

After the update my one started acting up. Would charge but not connect to Zune....then eventually would do neither.

I gave it to FoneMenders Clondalkin and after 10 days I got a new replacement. I did have some other issues like not being able to send or receive MMS and could not send emails containing pics etc.

It has the latest update about to weeks. Got it to sync after a few attempts when I installed Zune on a netbook . Must try it again later on the original laptop.
    Thanks for the reply..hopefully there isn't trouble ahead!

Are Fonemenders Nokia agents or how does it work?

eire-kp wrote: »
    It has the latest update about to weeks. Got it to sync after a few attempts when I installed Zune on a netbook . Must try it again later on the original laptop.
    Thanks for the reply..hopefully there isn't trouble ahead!

Are Fonemenders Nokia agents or how does it work?

Yes they are authorised Nokia agents but going by this thread and others people tend to give them a swerve. There are Nokia care points in various areas, Navan and Galway being two. There was a Galway staff member here offering to take any dodgy phones and look after them for us via post. I don't know where you are living.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

has anyone here installed custom rom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Fonemenders sorted mine out, sent it away for microphone and speaker issues. I thought id have to pay as it was my fault..dropped it into food. But I didn't. Happy with that.

Advertisement