Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I dont think its paid. I tink its a valentry kinda thing.

I knew it was voluntary but i dont know the hours that have to be put into it.

i'm also hoping the fact i hold a PSA license for security might help :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I knew it was voluntary but i dont know the hours that have to be put into it.

i'm also hoping the fact i hold a PSA license for security might help :o

I honestly couldnt tell you. :( I have no idea.

Maybe, it wouldnt be a bad thing anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Don't get me started on crap petrol..... :mad:

Exhaust on in less than 10 mins, including tools out and back. Happy days :D

Must get a new one this weekend....!

don't know if many people are familiar with the area but saint mobhi road in drumcondra.

just saw too cars clamped there and those cars have being parked there for months that I know of without permits etc. (cars in regular use)

no signs of clamping or p&d etc.

Dublin cc

wonder what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

don't know if many people are familiar with the area but saint mobhi road in drumcondra.

just saw too cars clamped there and those cars have being parked there for months that I know of without permits etc. (cars in regular use)

Dublin cc

wonder what will happen.

Start a new thread please, don't draw clamping crap in here!

• Advertisement

Dublin cc

wonder what will happen.

Start a new thread please, don't draw clamping crap in here!

sorry.

I'm not actually arsed to unless it was me. I'll leave it.

Demonshine

251878_10151993209400176_1100597997_n.jpg

I'm thinking about getting these style plates

403856_10151914723990176_549611743_n.jpg

Yes no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Nope from me, don't like the look of them!

I'm going to get them anyway because I like them but just thought I'd see who else does :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

OSI wrote: »
    ieNZBy9jDEmbBcZgPTma4g2.jpg

I'd say half the "choose me a car" threads here are like this:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

WICKED SHINE :cool:

If you like the plates then get them, doesn't matter a sh!te what others think to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I like the pressed plates, they look brighter and sharper than the typical arcylic style plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'm going to get them anyway because I like them but just thought I'd see who else does :P

Translation: I am getting these, you don't like it? Tough, I had my fun and thats all that matters!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Have the horn for a Capri again! :o

WICKED SHINE :cool:

If you like the plates then get them, doesn't matter a sh!te what others think to be honest.

Do you think I'd be driving what I am if I listening to what everyone else had to say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Have the horn for a Capri again! :o

I was at my friends garage I monday and there was some customers black Capri with super lights . Spotless yoke. Really stands out. I would not say no to it :)

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I saw the one you posted in the classic forum. Arent the 1.6`s supposed to be really really slow?

If they're anything like the 1.6 Sierra...

Dear god...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I saw the one you posted in the classic forum. Arent the 1.6`s supposed to be really really slow?

Yeah, was thinking that. Fine looking bus for the moola though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sure just ram a cossie engine into one and you're singing... Then sliding backwards into a tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

So, someone just posted this on facebook;

That **** ***** ****** ****** of a full licence test, Second time failin it now!!! Swear if I fail again there be no ****** test centre left in Raheny, cause I'll blow it the **** up!!! >:-(

He drives a fooking 2007 320 convertible!

• Advertisement

I've been looking on Donedeal and came across this; http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3704197

What kind of money would you be looking to get the sills sorted and would it be possible to do it from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

cgal093 wrote: »
    I've been looking on Donedeal and came across this; http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3704197

What kind of money would you be looking to get the sills sorted and would it be possible to do it from home?

I had sills done on my 200sx before, got new jacking points put in, mostly surface rust, but structurally bad enough at the subframe mounting points. Got it done for a few hundered euro, and got it undersealed then too.

While that's pretty cheap and it looks fantastic in the pics, bare in mind a couple of things: you've not got any pics underneath, only small pics of side on sills, coming from UK and being 27 years old it could be absolutely rotten through.

Also, with this sentence in the add: The pictures of the car with its lights on are of the car in its prime.

It could be a total shadow of its former self by now.

Still, if it's a shell that's not completely rotten, it could be a great project :)

Col200sx wrote: »
    I had sills done on my 200sx before, got new jacking points put in, mostly surface rust, but structurally bad enough at the subframe mounting points. Got it done for a few hundered euro, and got it undersealed then too.

While that's pretty cheap and it looks fantastic in the pics, bare in mind a couple of things: you've not got any pics underneath, only small pics of side on sills, coming from UK and being 27 years old it could be absolutely rotten through.

Also, with this sentence in the add: The pictures of the car with its lights on are of the car in its prime.

It could be a total shadow of its former self by now.

Still, if it's a shell that's not completely rotten, it could be a great project :)

Thanks for that :)

I might go and have a look at it but It'll be a good thorough look.
    And probably see if I could get it on a ramp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

My insurance renewal came in.

Last year...1997 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR, 4 years NCB, 23 years old, full licence....550 euro.

This year... 2001 BMW 520i, 5 years NCB, 24 years old, full licence....880 euro.

lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dunno how you got that quote for the fto in the first place, I was always paying twice that and im older than you

I've always had very reasonable quotes on the FTOs...even as a 21 year old with the GPX, I was only paying 1100 or something, that's why I don't understand why 30+ year olds can never seem to get quotes!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What company were you with?

Quinn/Liberty for last 3 years, started with FBD but they refused renewal on the GPX in 2009.

everytime I come to this chipper there is never ever a queue, maybe 1 / 2 people max

and the one proxy time I'm starving there's about 5 and a half million Spanish students in a queue not knowing what they want and all wearing stupid elumanis orange bags on their backs.

>:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Toyota are issuing a recall on a load of new model avensis and older rav 4s. They seem to be issuing more recalls than any other manufacturer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement