Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    More tales of being a starfish on the horizon!

Actually, why am I saying oh no? :pac:

I said no! I'm hiding my laptop :P

/and phone

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Listening to the soundtrack from Might & Magic VII, and I may just have to reinstall it to play again :D For an old game it's really good (even if it's ugly as sin :P ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Miaireland wrote: »
    How long should it take for you to get home?

Eh... well am leaving my apartment at 7.30am tomorrow India time which is 3am Irish time, then I'll land in Dublin at 7.30am on Sunday. So... 28.5 hours? Is that right? My calculation skills are terrible.

Worst part is I'm on two separate tickets which means I have to collect all my bags in Delhi, change terminals and then check them back in again. Luckily Delhi airport is actually lovely so not a bad place to have to while away a few hours. On to Abu Dhabi then for a short stop, then final plane to Dublin.

Phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Suzie, even thinking about your flights and the length of them would make me want to take a Xanax. I have no idea how people can fly concious.

Think I'll get a coal fire started now and just numb myself from today with a lot of wine. A. LOT.

Had a massage today and hurt all over. Arms and lower back are stiff. Signs of a good massage

• Advertisement

Watching the football at the mo and all their names sound like composers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Eh... well am leaving my apartment at 7.30am tomorrow India time which is 3am Irish time, then I'll land in Dublin at 7.30am on Sunday. So... 28.5 hours? Is that right? My calculation skills are terrible.

Worst part is I'm on two separate tickets which means I have to collect all my bags in Delhi, change terminals and then check them back in again. Luckily Delhi airport is actually lovely so not a bad place to have to while away a few hours. On to Abu Dhabi then for a short stop, then final plane to Dublin.

Phew!

I don't envy you. I find four hour flights long! Hope everything runs on time for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Polloloca wrote: »
    Suzie, even thinking about your flights and the length of them would make me want to take a Xanax. I have no idea how people can fly concious.

Think I'll get a coal fire started now and just numb myself from today with a lot of wine. A. LOT.

Had a massage today and hurt all over. Arms and lower back are stiff. Signs of a good massage

I love flying :D not ryanair, they're buses with wings, proper airlines for transatlantic flights are great. comfy and loads of movies to keep your entertained, flew 11hrs from london to LA and didnt feel it at all just watched films the whole way over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Safe trip home, Susie! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Thanks - me too! Don't want to go into it but I had an absolutely awful last day here and spent most of tonight in tears. Am really relieved to be going home and for the love of god I need a hug! :) My boyfriend has been amazing and has been counting down the hours for days... keep getting emails like "only 73.5 hours to go until I see you". That man keeps me sane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I think I need to change my ringtone to something less offensive. I got several dirty/horrified looks off the "mammy" crowd when my phone rang on the bus...
    *hums Shut Your ****ing Face Uncle ****er to herself, giggling*

Also flew London to lax a few years ago, sedated myself with two xanax. Fell asleep almost straight away however, I started hallucinating while asleep and woke up with such a fright i knocked the girl that was sitting next to me can of coke off her little table. My heart was racing so hard I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Ever since that I only take one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got the photo I've wanted all year - me in the drivers seat of a tuktuk. I even got some Indian passengers! Tried to charge them 50 rupees but they didn't fall for it.

Last night in India, can't wait to get home. Long journey ahead but will enjoy a nice glass of wine once I get my last connection. Etihad are incredibly great to fly with - good food, lovely staff and nice booze collection, not to mention tons of great movies. Kind of looking forward to it now actually! Managed to talk myself into it just there :)

Tonight I am mostly rambling btw :pac:

Phew!
    I hope you have a safe journey home Susie, and everything runs on time for you.

I flew to NYC once, 7 hours, I thought the plane would never land, I don't think I could do such long flights tbh. 7 was far too long for me lol.

It was even worse for my mother and her sister who were dying to have a cigarette lol. :D

Bf and I jsut had the most scrumptious dinner, striploin steak and chips. Haagan Dazs vanilla ice cream now :D

Bf bought some Duvel beer in town and it is delicious, I normally don't like beer, but this doesn't have a strong 'beer' taste so I can handle it lol :D

Hope everyone here had a lovely day/has a lovely evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Elton John was brilliant last night! :D

I have a lovely curry cooking in the oven! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Susie_Q I hope you have a safe flight home! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Go on kiera ya little ride :p

It's my editing skills you should be impressed with :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Safe travels Susie, hope you enjoying your home coming

Kiera wrote: »

It's my editing skills you should be impressed with :D

Oh I thought your friend just naturally looked like a pink blob!

Has anyone ever been in the position where your in a room with a group of people having a conversation and you can tell someone is avoiding you? This woman just wouldn't look me in the eye or direct any of the conversation towards me. I'm not sure anyone else noticed but its really bugged me.

Oh I thought your friend just naturally looked like a pink blob!

Has anyone ever been in the position where your in a room with a group of people having a conversation and you can tell someone is avoiding you? This woman just wouldn't look me in the eye or direct any of the conversation towards me. I'm not sure anyone else noticed but its really bugged me.

Do you know her? (not the pink blob, the person who was avoiding you)

• Advertisement

I've met her a few times before. I know she's done this to other people that shes had arguments with but I don't think I've ever done anything on her.

I've met her a few times before. I know she's done this to other people that shes had arguments with but I don't think I've ever done anything on her.

Does it really bother you that much? If she's done it to others then maybe she's just an oddball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Spent the day raiding penneys. Got a HUGE bag of clothes and makeup for €80. Loving my new bikini :) Also got get eyeliner and a brush to finally get a grips to those eyes. Failing miserably! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Susie Q, have a super safe journey lovey. Your bf sounds like a wee dote:D

Maybe it was her granny that you stuck your fingers up at!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

ANTS IN MY FVCKING KITCHEN :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

45 mins to hometime, then its whiskey time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

krudler wrote: »
    45 mins to hometime, then its whiskey time!

i want whiskey but i have none :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Safe flight home Susie Q! Hope your boyfriend will we waiting for you at the airport with flowers and giant stuffed teddys and other cliché things :D I remember my 20something hour flight home from Australia so I don't envy you. Though nothing beats that feeling of landing in Ireland again imo. Love coming home, especially after being so far away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

ihsb wrote: »
    Spent the day raiding penneys. Got a HUGE bag of clothes and makeup for €80. Loving my new bikini :) Also got get eyeliner and a brush to finally get a grips to those eyes. Failing miserably! :(
    I read that as "spent the day riding penneys" thinking "wtf? :confused:" :o

Good luck with the eyeliner, I tried it for a number of weeks with gel/pencil/felt tip, just cannot get it at all, probably because I wear glasses and when I don't wear them I can barely see a thing :( Oh well.

Got a nice bottle of wine in the fridge, hopefully will get to open it soon....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement