Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell On Wheels [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've a few on observations on the pilot, but have forgotten most of them. Colm Meaney's his character felt a little thin, presumably there's more to him than the cute hoor routine (tbf, I liked this). A couple of potentially interesting characters are killed off and the violence is fairly brutal, would take more issue with the former. I think part of the problem will be Deadwood's shadow and that it's kind of Deadwood-lite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Starting on TCM movie channel next sunday night

Is it worth watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Starting on TCM movie channel next sunday night

Is it worth watching?
    Yes. It's pretty damn good. Cue choruses of "It's No Deadwood". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

KerranJast wrote: »
    Yes. It's pretty damn good. Cue choruses of "It's No Deadwood". :rolleyes:
    It isn't but it's still good all the same. :D
    I enjoyed it but I dont think it's as well told as it could be. I'd recommend it if you like a western/period yarn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

To whom it concerns

irish premiere 2nite at 9:00pm on TCM

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/03/tcm-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-hell-on-wheels/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 2 premieres Sunday August 12th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

this and alphas just came out on netflix

which should i watch?

i think hell on wheels at first glance would be more suited to my taste

prefer serialised shows that are gritty and dark

I'd try this tbh. It's pretty good. Season 2 starts in a short while too. Edit: this weekend actually. Thanks RD.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,106 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RTE have accquired this not sure when it is starting here prob late this year

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Looking forward to the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

Anyone else watch the first two eps of new series..pretty solid opening to the season..colm meaney is excellent in it .. "MISter BOWWWWW-hannon....... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Wow they got back to the status quo mighty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why is the priest daughter suddenly so intent on keeping a church?

how did yer one not know that the whore killer was the foreman?

so what is ferguson job supposed to be, i thought his job was security, but he keeps saying it isnt' a bohnan is doing it all.

that was a bit of a mistake by bohanan letting the brothers out before the german left town

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RTE have accquired this not sure when it is starting here prob late this year

Starts this Friday on RTE 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Nice one the Irish lads feeding the butcher to the pigs.
    Im loving the Swede again.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,867 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man that was emotional episode

I really love this tv series, kinda has that justified feel which is a super show

again just like the previous ep where was the security again ferguson should have gone on that train to protect eva and durant.

Viva La Mexico 2.45 0.6
    Durant, Nebraska 2.31 0.6
    Slaughterhouse 2.49 0.6
    Scabs 2.47 0.6
    The Railroad Job 2.62 0.6
    Purged Away With Blood 2.69 0.6

^ i expect a third season.

• Advertisement

Anyone see the most recent ep "The White Spirit"? It was somehow unintentionally hilarious and interesting at the same time.

So many gif-able moments from the Swede's bizarre entrance to the Sioux teepee to Bohannon's many many WTF?! faces.

And then there was the long teased love scene where the pretty people get it on. Kudos to the writers and Anson Mount for sticking with the characters backstory of not sleeping with other women since his wife died. He looked suitably freaked out at stages :D

oh but his hair

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I've just started watching it on RTÉ but can't find a thread that isn't US Pace, Did you all watch it at US pace? I feel so left out :(

Well if that's to be the end of the series I'd be happy enough. Poor ole Bohannon has no luck.

My only gripe with the finale was they showed their hand too much at the start with Cullen tearing up. I knew at that stage what was going to happen. The Swede's final act would have been much more shocking if that initial scene was shot slightly differently.

Anyway it had some great bits
    - the Swede got to be deliciously malevolent one last time (I hope it is the last time, him coming back from that drop would be silly).
    - the Durants got more time as antagonists
    - the love triangle between Elam, Toole & Eva was resolved in a fairly plausible way and I actually felt sorry for Toole in the end
    - Lily's fate which was god damn tragic

I cant believe they killed off Lily :(

Is the show renewed for a third season yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I will be disappointed if it is renewed for another season since all I can see is a very weak storyline of Cullen being super depressed like early season 1 and the Swede returning as an even more demented cartoon villain. I'm undecided whether the killing of Lily was a ballsy move by the writers or just them not caring any more.

AMC has given a 10-episode third season renewal to Hell On Wheels. However, the Western drama’s creators Joe and Tony Gayton are stepping down as executive producers and will no longer be involved day-to-day on the show. They may consult. John Shiban continues as showrunner.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/amc-hell-on-wheels-renewed-for-third-season

• Registered Users Posts: 53,867 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thank ****

Love this show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I will be disappointed if it is renewed for another season since all I can see is a very weak storyline of Cullen being super depressed like early season 1 and the Swede returning as an even more demented cartoon villain. I'm undecided whether the killing of Lily was a ballsy move by the writers or just them not caring any more.

Maybe they decided any romance between Lilly and Bohannon would hinder what was meant to be the main through line of his story which was his hunting down his families killers, something the show seemed to forget for the majority of the series in favor of the turgid railroad storyline.

Advertisement