Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Yep. It's horrid. My old man has been known to put his used one on the radiator to 'dry it out'. :rolleyes:

ewww... that is really gross :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

jujibee wrote: »
    ewww... that is really gross :(

See why I argued with him over the bread?! :)

This is the sort of stuff he does, no matter how many times it's said to him he still does this crap. I could rant all night about all the crap he does. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Can I join the room with cookies??

My boyfriend is in another country and for some unknown reason to me he hasn't texted or called at all which is unlike him! I just want to know that he's okay.. And now I feel like stalker girlfriend of the month as I've left him messages on his phone, viber and facebook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Albection wrote: »
    /gets really big cookie, about the size and weight of the average adult head, places in bright, airy room with amusing comics and inspirational cat photos taped to walls, and pushes duvet encased pixie into said room for purposes of stress alleviation

this post makes me smile! :D

i should have brought up a teddy bear or something this week to cuddle

yes i know how sad that is im 20 ffs i shouldnt need one but i really really want one! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Can I join the room with cookies??

Certainly, room for enough for all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

My exams are going horribly. Today's one wasn't quite as bad as Wednesday's but it was still unpleasant. And I've been awake since before 4 and only got about three hours sleep last night anyway so I'm absolutely shattered and in a horrible mood. :(

Here's yer sister. I seem to have decided this year, (first year, dream course like??) is the year I need to panic in exams and not remember a thing :( Emailed my tutor today to say I'll finish the set of exams but I will be repeating, please don't hate me, I can do this, except nicer like. I also had to restrain myself from photocopying my previous parchment to prove I do belong in college and can complete a degree.
    Hope it goes better for your next one AN, and with the lovely Mr X :)

Albection wrote: »
    Certainly, room for enough for all! :D

Thank you! I need some quiet time with the biggest bowl of chocolate double cookies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Yep. It's horrid. My old man has been known to put his used one on the radiator to 'dry it out'. :rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    That is horrific!

Just back from my sisters musical, it was brill. I'm so proud of her :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You need to cut all contact with this individual immediately. :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm happy today because i got a good report today ! sound like a kid!

i'm sad because my friend hasnt contacted me and i told him the good news. rather annoyed actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Here's yer sister. I seem to have decided this year, (first year, dream course like??) is the year I need to panic in exams and not remember a thing :( Emailed my tutor today to say I'll finish the set of exams but I will be repeating, please don't hate me, I can do this, except nicer like.

This sounds very like my tutor interactions in first year. I was very surprised that I got through, but I did. I have faith that you will too. Medicine is... character building. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

*send relaxing vibes to exam sufferers via a nice song*

Turns out he was out all day and left his phone behind.

I'm now a fecking psycho stalker girlfriend. I'm backing away slowly from the phone and computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Does anyone else ever feel bad about standing up for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Here's yer sister. I seem to have decided this year, (first year, dream course like??) is the year I need to panic in exams and not remember a thing :( Emailed my tutor today to say I'll finish the set of exams but I will be repeating, please don't hate me, I can do this, except nicer like. I also had to restrain myself from photocopying my previous parchment to prove I do belong in college and can complete a degree.
    Hope it goes better for your next one AN, and with the lovely Mr X :)
    This sounds very like my tutor interactions in first year. I was very surprised that I got through, but I did. I have faith that you will too. Medicine is... character building. :)

Listen to the lady J! First year scares the crap outta the meds. They're pretty cool on giving you 2nd chances if you need them. (I did myself! Viva *shudder*) They don't want you to fail. Keep going and don't lose faith in yourself!!

:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Never, ever, ever.
    I would only be mad at myself if I didn't.

Hope everything is okay. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Often! :)

Are you okay?

Posy wrote: »
    Never, ever, ever.
    I would only be mad at myself if I didn't.

Hope everything is okay. xx
    Often! :)

Are you okay?

I'm okay, thanks girls. Just something I noticed about myself and I don't really like it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Never ever.

If I don't have my own back who else will?

You ok?? :( xx

Yeah I'm okay, thanks Sarah. :) It's just something I noticed about myself tbh that I think I probably need to change, that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Yeah I'm okay, thanks Sarah. :) It's just something I noticed about myself tbh that I think I probably need to change, that's all.

This might cheer you up..

^ I like that, thanks Sarah. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I've only ever felt bad about not standing up for myself, like Posy said.

I'm pretty non-confrontational and quiet but if someone is walking all over me or someone I care about, they'll know about it.

When I was young, I was out with my Dad and a guy he was doing business with. Dad went to the bathroom and the guy looked after him and said:
    "Your Dad is one of the fairest and kindest men I know. But he doesn't take any crap from anyone".

That's how I try to be.

That's a good way to be Foux, I should try that. :)

Just watched 30 minutes of The Hunger Games online. Seems pretty true to the book except for a couple of little things. I stopped watching because I want to see the whole film in better quality so I'll have to either try find a cinema that still showing or wait and download a good quality DVD rip. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Well I made the mistake of asking my arsehole of a colleague to read over my technical test answers before submitting them. Instead of friendly, constructive feedback, she came into my office saying incredibly ****ty things like "Well this bit makes no sense, I didn't understand it" and even "I wouldn't hire you if I read this".

THANKS VERY MUCH YOU SILLY BINT! That made me feel just peachy ahead of my interview today.

WAGON. :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I is tired!Why on earth did I think getting up at 5am to travel to Dublin was a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I dislike jumping out of bed at 7.45am thinking it was later, because my phone had ran out of battery overnight. I suppose I should have checked whether the alarm goes off while the phone is off :rolleyes::(

But I'm up now. Coffee, anyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I dislike jumping out of bed at 7.45am thinking it was later, because my phone had ran out of battery overnight. I suppose I should have checked whether the alarm goes off while the phone is off :rolleyes::(

But I'm up now. Coffee, anyone?
    Already had one, will be having tea once I get to work!Sleepy zzzzzz

Tan is okay on top but patchy on my legs. Good thing I decided to do it yesterday, now I have time to make it look better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I like to keep myself informed about politics and such. And I really did TRY to watch the French presidential debate last night, but god, Sarkozy makes me want to puke. Can someone please explain to me how the son of an immigrant can be so racist? I really hope my son grows up to more tolerant than that....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement