Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Sat down and wrote out finalised guest list for the wedding, and the budget. Now genuinely feel like I'm having a panic attack. I do realise it's our own fault but this wedding is going to cost a ridiculous amount of money. It's too late to change anything now and I booked everything I wanted but I could cry when I think about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sat down and wrote out finalised guest list for the wedding, and the budget. Now genuinely feel like I'm having a panic attack. I do realise it's our own fault but this wedding is going to cost a ridiculous amount of money. It's too late to change anything now and I booked everything I wanted but I could cry when I think about it

I'm dreading the day I have to do that, stupid boyfriend and his giant close family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »

I'm dreading the day I have to do that, stupid boyfriend and his giant close family.
    Get him to fall out with half of them before the wedding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Do you ever remember something funny from absolutely ages ago and just break your heart laughing at it?

Was just thinking about the time my Dad came home from a business trip he was on in Birmingham and described the b&b he'd been staying in.

"It was nice, very colourful. The owner had this multi-coloured flag outside, it was nice. He always had very interesting shirts on. Seemed to be mostly men staying there, must be a lot of business conferences in the area".

Aww, Dad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Posy wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I really hate people now and feel the urge to kill someone every-day. I was having a jokey chat with a customer yesterday and he suddenly just shouted at me and called me a c**t out of the blue. I'm sick of being expected to take abuse just because I'm on the other side of the counter. :rolleyes:

:eek:,you should have smacked him one and told to f**k off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

i survived the past 3 weeks on €1.56 you will be grand! :)

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

:eek:

i started off with €13.56 spent €12 on a bus home.....then i assaulted the press for food and drink with a massive suitcase
    i only went to and from college and stayed up there for that time!
    then my grant came through! happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Grant finally in!!
    Essay gone!
    Test done!
    Project gone!
    Presentation done!

Yuuuuuuuuuuuurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm terrified about guest lists when I get married! Currently one of the OH's 50 cousins is getting married in Italy and the drama that has happened due to it is unbelievable!
    They haven't invited his sisters because 1 didn't invite them to her wedding (she only had 20 people) and say the other didn't invite them too (she did and they attended).
    They've forbidden fake eyelashes and other such things etc and now they've UNinvited his down syndrome cousin!!! Because I quote "we actually decided we don't want down syndrome people there."
    I could vomit.

We were invited and politely declined, as did his parents.

Bubblefett that's mad that they give Downs Syndrome people their own category, I could've sworn they were just regular people too :rolleyes:

Boyfriend has 150 people counting only siblings, aunts, uncles and first cousins, I have 16! Ha.

I officially have the meanest Mom ever. She just rang me to tell me IN DETAIL how hot my old teacher is, she met him today. I got a full run through of how fab his car was, what he was wearing, that he's very sexy, "He is VERY good looking I have to say", I KNEW ALL THIS!!!!! I hate her so much for getting to talk to him today, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MEEEEEE!!

My boyfriend said if that man knew the things I say about he'd be appalled :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

bubblefett wrote: »
    I'm terrified about guest lists when I get married! Currently one of the OH's 50 cousins is getting married in Italy and the drama that has happened due to it is unbelievable!
    They haven't invited his sisters because 1 didn't invite them to her wedding (she only had 20 people) and say the other didn't invite them too (she did and they attended).
    They've forbidden fake eyelashes and other such things etc and now they've UNinvited his down syndrome cousin!!! Because I quote "we actually decided we don't want down syndrome people there."
    I could vomit.

:eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I could vomit.

:confused:What's wrong with fake eyelashes and people with down syndrome? The couple(or is it only one of them?) sound like a nightmare to spend any time with.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

i survived the past 3 weeks on €1.56 you will be grand! :)

my body is aching all over painkillers do NOTHING!!! :(

:eek: Fair play to you!

So looking forward to seeing my bf tomorrow. :D

Also, I got this nail polish the other day and I love it! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They don't want fake eyelashes??? haha
    jaysus it'll be some crap wedding if they actually notice people's eyelashes
    I hope nobody goes

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Also, I got this nail polish the other day and I love it! :D

It's the weekend, so I can paint my nails, yay!! I'm going to this work thing on Sunday and I've planned a cute outfit for it that I love, bright pink skinny jeans, navy top with pink, soft green and light orange dots and a navy cropped blazer, trying to decide what nail varnish to wear will entertain me for a good two hours :D

I still can't believe it- they want a story book perfect black tie wedding in Italy and are uninviting anyone who could ruin that in their opinion:rolleyes: Frankly I think I should go, get sh*tfaced and fall into the cake...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I still can't believe it- they want a story book perfect black tie wedding in Italy and are uninviting anyone who could ruin that in their opinion:rolleyes: Frankly I think I should go, get sh*tfaced and fall into the cake...

You so should!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You so should!

And record it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Orla K wrote: »
    And record it!

And put it up here for us! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My massage was heavenly.

I think I'll treat myself to them more often :)

• Advertisement

My massage was heavenly.

I think I'll treat myself to them more often :)

I love massages, just can't afford them now I've to save for this wedding. Why did I decide to start saving for a wedding during my first year of actual business, when I could've paid for massages and stuff??! :p

Ooh look at that pretty glass of wine, for me you say? :D Off to the pub in about an hour to meet some friends, the eternal question of what to wear will have to be approached soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i need some serious painkillers right now!!

neurofen hasnt done anything and panadol and paracetamol doesnt do anything to me!!

the bed and couch are my friends today! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My daughter came home from school today so so excited. She won student of the week and she is very proud of herself. It is such a confidence boost for her and I am so pleased.

She has now headed off to her dads for the weekend, so its me and Mr. Boyfriend for the weekend. We have the fire lighting, rugby on the tv and about to eat some thai green curry and rice. Life is good today :D

ellieh1 wrote: »
    My daughter came home from school today so so excited. She won student of the week and she is very proud of herself. It is such a confidence boost for her and I am so pleased.

She has now headed off to her dads for the weekend, so its me and Mr. Boyfriend for the weekend. We have the fire lighting, rugby on the tv and about to eat some thai green curry and rice. Life is good today :D

Awww that is so cute! I remember student of the week!!! We'd a smiley face badge for each class and if you won, you got that badge to wear for a week then had to give it back for the next winner to wear.
    Funnily enough I only ever won after all the other kids in my class had won... pitty victories totally still count :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

how can one single course be SO LONG

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Pretty nails make me happy. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I am on a bus and sleepy.Can't wait to crawl into bed tonight.zzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Planning to hit the cinema after studying tomorrow for some quality me time. :)

I really wish I'd been able to afford to go to Trinity Ball tonight, it's kind of disappointing that I'm not there. It's not as though all my friends are going but most of my fourth year friends are and I could have hung out with them. Ah well, next year for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

No Downs Syndrome or false eyelashes:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You totes need to drink ALL the wine and fall into the cake. While standing next to the bride. And cover her in cake too. And spill red wine on her. And throw her into the pool.

We're having 50 people at our wedding. At least 2 have special needs. We will have recovering alcoholic guests, alcoholic guests, children and even a vegetarian :cool:

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    No Downs Syndrome or false eyelashes:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You totes need to drink ALL the wine and fall into the cake. While standing next to the bride. And cover her in cake too. And spill red wine on her. And throw her into the pool.

We're having 50 people at our wedding. At least 2 have special needs. We will have recovering alcoholic guests, alcoholic guests, children and even a vegetarian :cool:

We'll have most of the same but no children, I'd take the alcoholics over the children (which is good considering one of them will be at my table :rolleyes:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement