Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The worst about that is that they insult your intelligence by thinking you've forgotten/not noticed that they were a **** to you...hate that.
    And when you say no to helping them and they ask why and you remind them of how horrible and nasty they were to you, they then try and turn the blame on you for making them be horrible to you.

All of yesterday evening the said person was trying their best to cause an argument all evening, doing childish things, throwing dirty looks, deliberately having the T.V volume sky-high. Doing their livid best to cause trouble, thankfully they didn't succeed.

Today is another day, and no doubt they'll try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I know a girl who wrecked her car cos she drove around for ages with no oil in it. She never even knew it was supposed to be replaced every so often, let alone how to do it.

"what does it mean when theres a genie lamp lit up on my dashboard?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

My little finger is still swollen:(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Honey-ec wrote: »
    If the last place you had tyres done used an air gun to tighten the nuts, you haven't a hope in hell of getting them off yourself, but at least you knew how to do it and were prepared to give it a go. The amount of women who wouldn't know where to start and have no interest in learning is unreal - "Ah, sure why bother, a man will always come along and offer to help..."

working in customer care i see this all the time, people would rather ring a company to solve something simple instead of even attempting to do it themselves. here's a phone tip, 90% of the calls we deal with can be solved by just turning the phone off and on again. text didnt send? off and on, screen froze? off and on. People forget a phone is an electronic device, you wouldnt leave your tv turned on 24/7 365 and not expect it to have the odd hiccup would you? people think I'm joking but it happens ALL the time.

I had a woman threatening to sue us for "loss of service" because she came home from holidays and her phone had zero coverage for days, the problem? she didnt turn the phone off getting on the plane and it just needed to reset itself to pick up the Irish coverage. and she waited days to call in about this instead of just resetting the phone. "how do I turn it off?" is another one, I get asked that a few times a week....ehh, its the button with the universal symbol for power, the same button you used to turn it ON when you first bought it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Great day at work, got loads done as well as positive feedback on work completed (always appreciated) so think I might treat myself to a nice meal out after work. BUT am super sticky from the humidity and want a shower at home just as much as I want a fancy dinner out. Bah - such choices! No option of doing both as I'm so tired, if I go home then I won't go out again.

Might have to choose the dinner option and cool down with a very very cold beer :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yah haven't done any study yet. Stupid internet. Distracting me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Susie_Q wrote: »

Might have to choose the dinner option and cool down with a very very cold beer :)

I like this option best tbh : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Honey-ec wrote: »

Everyone, regardless of gender, should be able to do the following:

Cook at least three different meals
    Change a flat tyre
    Top up fluids in the car
    Wire a plug
    Change a fuse

STBEH used to have to go around to his sister every time the oil needed topping up in her car. I mean FFS!

I can do all except change a tyre- thank god for the AA. I don't even know how to get the tyre off the back of the jeep :o I can jump start a car though if that counts...

I been designing the OH's band a website all morning. They've had the domain for 2 years with just a blank page. Now it's all pretty and bubblefettised. Granted I haven't actually put up any actual info onto it yet, but it is pretty looking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Changed my first tyre at age 11...

Only topped up the car with water not with oil, get the car serviced once a year. first wired a plug at around age 10, changed a fuse too many times already, can cook for i hate as well as food i like.

Feeling a bit rotten today, might be coming down with a cold and less than 3 weeks to italy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My dad made me change a tyre, and fill all the fluids in the car before he would take me out for lessons when I was learning how to drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My calves are still paining me! D: Excercise should not inflame my muscles like this. Urgh. Need to find some Deep Heat. And I haven't even put my clothes on yet let along gone walking. O.o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

exam went quite well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

McChubbin wrote: »
    My calves are still paining me! D: Excercise should not inflame my muscles like this. Urgh. Need to find some Deep Heat. And I haven't even put my clothes on yet let along gone walking. O.o

Are your muscles alright when your not moving them?
    It's most likely doms, giving your muscles some rest would do you good, go for a gentle walk (moving them helps them get better quicker) or you could do some yoga?

Feel like crap today. So tired and down. :(

Stupid fcuking depression. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I have a ton of work to do this week but am completely lacking in motivation. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I cannot believe the semester has gone so quickly, I feel like January was just last month! Tomorrow is my last day of classes :eek:
    And, to make it worse, I had my last ever class with my favourite lecturer today :( This is gonna sound bizarre but he has a really nice voice, I'ma miss listening to it :o

Oh lecturer, y u no teach any 4th year modules?? :(:mad:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jujibee wrote: »
    I have a ton of work to do this week but am completely lacking in motivation. :(

Welcome to my world... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

I'm so mad at the min, I was in work yesterday and was pretty sick with flu, I woke up this morming and was much worse so I rang in to tell my boss I would be out sick- she said back to me "oh so you are out sick again, some suprise, grand see you whenever so" and hung up.

My last sick day was last may when fair enough I was out for four weeks but that was after a work related back injury, I feel like she thinks I am faking even though she saw me yesterday and I was obviously sick then too

Baa stoopid boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Having a bit of a good day alright, got my aunties flight fixed on ryanair, got the doggie out a while and my rent paid. didn't get to the bank but that can wait till tomorrow!

all in all, can't wait to finish work so i can go home to mu doggie, i want to see how she got on with her new toy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Went for the delicious-dinner-and-cold-beer option, then had amazing shower when I got home to de-stickify from humidity.

Opened up my email to find an invitation to interview for an amazing job back in Dublin that I only applied for on Monday - didn't think they'd even interview me as I'm not available until end of August. Very excited! Going to spend the whole weekend studying and cramming in case they throw a load of difficult questions at me. Such a good bloody day! :D

• Advertisement

Just cooked lasagne and garlic potatoes for lunch, fcuking lasagne is gone off and it was only opened on Monday *sigh*

Hate it when that happens, grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just cooked lasagne and garlic potatoes for lunch, fcuking lasagne is gone off and it was only opened on Monday *sigh*

Hate it when that happens, grrrr.

I'm confused. How do you cook lasagne that you open? Do you mean you were just heating it up?

I've had the hiccups for ages. Very annoying.

Think it's time to get up outta bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

All hope of getting back with my ex (still feels weird calling him that) seems to be gone right now. all this time he gave me mixed signals about whether or not we'd get back together but right now it feels final, on his part anyway. and yet i still feel in denial about the whole thing regardless of how hard i try to tell myself its over! :( i still expect him to turn round and say sorry it was all a big mistake

I'm confused. How do you cook lasagne that you open? Do you mean you were just heating it up?

I've had the hiccups for ages. Very annoying.

Think it's time to get up outta bed.

I cooked it, I didn't re-heat it.

It was a tray like this - http://ballymoreshoponline.stormwebhost.com/prodimages/Carroll%20Cuisine%20-%20Fresh%20Lasagne%201kg.JPG

There was some lasagne left in it, which I then put into another dish and cooked in the oven.

Ah get away will ya.

Cooking it is making it from scratch.

Like this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055946848

Might make it myself at the weekend for the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Put deposit on our new apartment today! Such a weight off my shoulders, as we had already a place picked a place out, went to sign the lease and the owner changed his mind so was so nervous something similar would happen to us with the new place we picked.. But it's ours :D

Limerick, 1st of May, Sar_Bear is comin back :D

I can't think of anything to watch.

Watched Game of Thrones already.

Might have another Harry Potter Day

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Heading into the City this evening for a few beers and to support one of our friends bands and to warm up by watching the Chelsea v Barca game. Looking forward to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I cooked it, I didn't re-heat it.
    If y'all want to be pedantic about the meaning of words, the definition of 'to cook' is "To prepare (food) for eating by applying heat". so technically Muffun did cook it. I've never had one but to the best of my knowledge, those lasagne things come uncooked and you have to actually cook them fully yourself. Someone would have to have already cooked it if she was just reheating it.

I would call this:
    Cooking it is making it from scratch.
    Like this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055946848

preparing food, not cooking it.

/devil's advocate, word definition snob.

However, having said that, I would class 'proper' cooking as making it yourself from scratch.

The things I do to distract myself from work.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I just got an interview for Monday! :D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement