Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

this makes me very sad :( carving up a development xbox to make *that*

I normally hate when people hack apart perfectly good NES systems to put together a poorly cooled shoddy PC in the case, but this is about 1000 times worse. Just too stupid to comprehend :(

Shame he used a dev unit alright....

but it did make for a lovely video though! ;)

Here's another horror, check out all these c64s that were cannibalized by a guy just to get out the sound chips! ;)

midibox_sid_crazy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

this makes me very sad :( carving up a development xbox to make *that*

I normally hate when people hack apart perfectly good NES systems to put together a poorly cooled shoddy PC in the case, but this is about 1000 times worse. Just too stupid to comprehend :(

Sad alright. Worse having to watch it muted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »
    Major redesign of the man cave going on today. 3D home design apps and everything :D
    Looks like I'll be keeping IKEA busy for the next week or so. They do have some great storage and shelving options if you have a load of consoles and stuff you want on display.

I picked up the large Expedit shelving unit recently, decent enough quality and only just wide enough for a old Xbox (ope is 33x33cm).
    Atari 2600 is too wide and I suspect your Vectrex is too tall also some of the smaller consoles look a bit 'lost' in there.

I'm planning on splitting the top shelves in half once I pick up similar coloured shelves to make better use of the available space. Only wish I thought of this at before I assembled and filled the unit..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I picked up the large Expedit shelving unit recently, decent enough quality and only just wide enough for a old Xbox (ope is 33x33cm).
    Atari 2600 is too wide and I suspect your Vectrex is too tall also some of the smaller consoles look a bit 'lost' in there.

I'm planning on splitting the top shelves in half once I pick up similar coloured shelves to make better use of the available space. Only wish I thought of this at before I assembled and filled the unit..

Yeah, I'll be getting a few Expedit units as well as some other stuff.
    I might modify them as they are getting put together or just leave them and use them as they are and store the larger items on different shelves. I'll be ordering a few of the bits the slide into the expedit series to split/change the shelves and see how that works out.

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »

My favourite part of the interview is when he tells about when Bill gates wanted 10% (iirc) of the profits for each c64 sold, for the BASIC license.

Jack tells him he has a wife to pay for and Bill settled for a 5 figure some!

Re-watching this now I was a little off.

Basic was first licensed to commodore for the Commodore PET, and followed with the VIC-20, C64 and C128

Bill wanted $3 per every unit sold, which would have made him millions, but instead Jack licensed it from him for a once off sum of $25,000!

Just while we're talking about the expedit series. Do you think it's easy enough to just leave out a shelf to allow taller objects(like the vectrex) without the thing falling apart when its full of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »
    Just while we're talking about the expedit series. Do you think it's easy enough to just leave out a shelf to allow taller objects(like the vectrex) without the thing falling apart when its full of stuff?

You can't leave out the horizontal cross members as they extend from one side to the other. The vertical pieces can be omitted to make wider shelves though.

I guess you could rotate the whole unit 90 degrees :D

Don't forget the wicker baskets, great for storing cables & controllers..

You can't leave out the horizontal cross members as they extend from one side to the other. The vertical pieces can be omitted to make wider shelves though.

I guess you could rotate the whole unit 90 degrees :D

Don't forget the wicker baskets, great for storing cables & controllers..

Yeah, few baskets, a couple of drawer inserts and that bit the splits the shelf space into 4 smaller shelves.

Just found out that the Vectrex wasn't the only console to use overlays....

LLOlolOlOloLoloLolOLol

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Pretty neat little animation:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    1695-468x-MLF2.jpg
    Mobile Light Force 2!

Coming up next is the weather but her on first on NTSC we have the latest in gawd-awful game box art scores.

MegaMan 1 : 2 Mobile Light Force

DinoRex wrote: »
    Pretty neat little animation:

I'm having trouble identifying some of them! means i'm not playing enough games!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Just won a jap Saturn on eBay. Coming from the land of cuckoo clocks.
    Won it with only one bid on the item, so I'm a bit apphreshsive now after the initial joy at winning it. What have I missed that I'm the only bidder?
    Boxed white Oval button version, 4 games, step down converter, not discoloured and complete with all bits.

Yeah, that happens sometimes, but it goes away once you feng shui together enough seating, friends and joypads with friends, Saturn Bomberman, Guardian Heroes and a multitap - or two.

That said, congrats. I too one day intend to join the Saturn Shiro owners club one day, but until th€n...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Catherine cosplay, not Katherine cosplay.
    See what I did there? :)
    Catherinecosplay.jpg

Catherine cosplay, not Katherine cosplay.
    See what I did there? :)
    Catherinecosplay.jpg

Oh my oh my. :eek:

/Buys ticket for next Irish Cosplay event. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

first thing I thought of, especially over the blonde. I was trying to remember it since last week :3
    401161_2896052881906_1277863976_3261787_1780563146_n.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

waveform wrote: »
    Oh my oh my. :eek:

/Buys ticket for next Irish Cosplay event. ;)

I'll be there in my cho aniki gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Saturday at the Central Hotel!

See you guys there!

• Advertisement

Lol @ the pic Mrs. Retro
    Retr0gamer wrote: »

/inquires about refund :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Saturday at the Central Hotel!

See you guys there!
    no podcast so this week?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

At least there isn't much making in the outfit, aside from the fake tan!
    Good luck at the Cosplay lads.

Any comic book(or graphic novel if your that way inclined) collectors here?

I'm trying to find the best way to preserve a few comics that will be hung on a wall. I was thinking just inside a glass fronted frame but maybe you guys have a better option.
    I won an auction for the 3 part "Batman vs Predator" prestige series from 1991/92 and would like to display them on the wall but also not have them fall to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well you could use those over the top comic holders you can get but I'd say they might be expensive. I'd go with a frame, but only if its somewhere the sun wont be hitting it :D

Well you could use those over the top comic holders you can get but I'd say they might be expensive. I'd go with a frame, but only if its somewhere the sun wont be hitting it :D

Yeah, I think the prestige edition of these particular comics is still A4 or smaller so I already have a load of that size frame with glass fronts on them.
    If they fit in those frames I'll probably use them. I'm not a collector of comics(yet) so I'm not going to spend crazy money on special holder/hangers for them.

Well I have a good few comics but I wouldnt consider myself a proper collector but I think all those special holders etc are a bit of a waste, but that being said I dont think I own any comics worth over a tener

Well I have a good few comics but I wouldnt consider myself a proper collector but I think all those special holders etc are a bit of a waste, but that being said I dont think I own any comics worth over a tener

Do you have these Batman vs Predator prestige ones? Any good?

Never read them, I want to now though. I have good few predator comics and they are pretty good, but its batman vs Predator, how can it be bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ive a Batman vs Predator vs Superman vs Aliens book somewhere O_o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement