Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked up something nice for a fiver in the charity shop today. Not really retro but you know how I likes my Japanese things!

Photo_00018-1.jpg

The mark of the beast on your wrist?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EnterNow wrote: »
    The mark of the beast on your wrist?

No I got that last year while tipsy on holiday :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

That stick is indeed the 'sort of' successor to my one. It's by the same lads and from the same seller as the one I got mine from.

It won't work on a PC Engine, you need my stick for that. But for what it is compatible with, you can't really go wrong.

As I've said before, these sticks were designed by God, for God, for his/her games room. Specifically for playing Darius games. It's why they had to make these sticks for other systems. One's that had Darius games made for them.

And who doesn't like Darius? Apart from Retr0gamer (who prefers namby pamby Salmonmaster, or whatever it's called). :D

p.s: I bought this today. It's good isn't it? :D

DuSRZ.jpgXykFs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

How did you manage to swing that discount? I'm thinking of picking up a few things from him myself..

Sorry for the late reply.

Was reading your post this morning during the Raspberry PI madness and said I'd reply later.

He said he did it as a thank you for giving him feedback on his cables, and suggestions.

So not sure if will apply for anyone else, you can always request the total in the checkout to see if he'll knock a little off the shipping but it may not happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Picked up something nice for a fiver in the charity shop today. Not really retro but you know how I likes my Japanese things!

Photo_00018-1.jpg
    Hey its .er...um... "Unfeasibly large arm,finger pointing simulator 2.Tokyo edition".
    Probably.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Hey its .er...um... "Unfeasibly large arm,finger pointing simulator 2.Tokyo edition".
    Probably.

OBJECTION!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    That stick is indeed the 'sort of' successor to my one. It's by the same lads and from the same seller as the one I got mine from.

It won't work on a PC Engine, you need my stick for that. But for what it is compatible with, you can't really go wrong.

As I've said before, these sticks were designed by God, for God, for his/her games room. Specifically for playing Darius games. It's why they had to make these sticks for other systems. One's that had Darius games made for them.

And who doesn't like Darius? Apart from Retr0gamer (who prefers namby pamby Salmonmaster, or whatever it's called). :D

p.s: I bought this today. It's good isn't it? :D

DuSRZ.jpgXykFs.jpg

For those looking for a better view of it.

mx4000b.jpg

Is it the 4000 or the 6000 model?

@SteveSI: It's the MX 4000 (might be a 4002, haven't checked) with a Beolink 1000 remote.

http://beophile.com/?page_id=1373

Here's a video of the telly in action! :D

Got it from the UK today. Should be here by the weekend, hopefully. :)

@SteveSI: It's the MX 4000 (might be a 4002, haven't checked) with a Beolink 1000 remote.

http://beophile.com/?page_id=1373

Here's a video of the telly in action! :D

Got it from the UK today. Should be here by the weekend, hopefully. :)

Very nice indeed sir.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Very nice indeed sir.

I hope it is! I haven't seen it working but I'm going on a whim here. The deal was just too good to pass up. Shipping was absolute murder, but actually all balanced itself out.

Fingers crossed the collection and delivery goes smoothly. We'll know by the weekend or early next week I hope.

When I saw Matt's video I was sold. Sure I have the cab, but I wanted something for my consoles and for the supergun so I can yoko (tate) when my cab is hori or hori when my cab is yoko.

The TV looks killer and well, it's Bang & Olufsen, you can't go wrong really. :)

• Advertisement

Very nice indeed sir.

Steve would it be so rude to ask how much you secured the Breadbin C64 and accessories for?

I'm sorry for asking but i'd love to have an idea on how much one goes for in that condition, but wasn't sure if it was appropriate to ask.

No bothers if you can't.

I think it looked absolutely mint in the photos, and probably would'nt have cleaned it myself,
    but of course you almost have OCD levels of perfection I think from reading your work! ;)

Btw, will you be using this one in the short movie?

waveform wrote: »
    Steve would it be so rude to ask how much you secured the Breadbin C64 and accessories for?

I'm sorry for asking but i'd love to have an idea on how much one goes for in that condition, but wasn't sure if it was appropriate to ask.

No bothers if you can't.

I think it looked absolutely mint in the photos, and probably would'nt have cleaned it myself,
    but of course you almost have OCD levels of perfection I think from reading your work! ;)

Btw, will you be using this one in the short movie?

No probs, I paid 50 euro for it from a guy on adverts and that included the C64, Tape deck, 5 Games, Cheetah Annihilator joystick and some misc bits.

It did need a clean(inside and out)to get rid of the smell of smoke and I'm not happy with the colour of the plastic. I tested out a chem mix last night on it that was 90 percent Cif, 5 percent peroxide and a 5 percent ammonia and isopropanol mix. I only treated the top half last night with the mix for an hour and you can see the difference in the pic below. I just wiped and cleaned the bottom half normally but will get to that at some stage soon.

DSC_0892b.jpg

DSC_0895dnb.jpg

I'll treat the top section once more(might also use the UV lamp I got this time) with the same mix and it should be ok and then on to the bottom half.

I've been experimenting with different versions of the retr0brite formula over the last year or so to see what works best on different systems and plastics. The stuff I used last night is by no means retr0brite but it works fast and doesn't damage most plastics over an hour or two.

Edit:
    As for the movie, it might be in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I hope it is! I haven't seen it working but I'm going on a whim here. The deal was just too good to pass up. Shipping was absolute murder, but actually all balanced itself out.

Fingers crossed the collection and delivery goes smoothly. We'll know by the weekend or early next week I hope.

When I saw Matt's video I was sold. Sure I have the cab, but I wanted something for my consoles and for the supergun so I can yoko (tate) when my cab is hori or hori when my cab is yoko.

The TV looks killer and well, it's Bang & Olufsen, you can't go wrong really. :)

Nice stuff m8, looks very nice indeed. A decent CRT for your consoles has been long overdue for you in fairness. Touch wood everything turns out ok, I want to see some genuine scanline filth from ya! :)

Cheers sir! True, I guess it's more a convenience thing really. B&O too, you can't really walk by that when the deal is cheeky enough. :)

I don't think I could take scanline smut in quite the same way you do! I suppose it could make my Ketsui scores stand out more... y'know, when I'm beating ondafly of course. :D

Wow man! That was an absolute steal for 50 quid!

For a better preserved case you'd be talking in the 100s i'd say!

You can't really expect them to look like new in this day and age unless they're still sealed since the 80s! ;)

I would certainly be afraid to ever offer you anything in the swaps forum for fear of harassment over condition! :D

The high levels of standards you have is what makes you so professional in your work though, and is certainly a great quality to have.

Was only thinking recently about the clean room you made for the Apple I , when I posted about the Metro Vac a while back!

It's certainly inspiring.
    I'll treat the top section once more(might also use the UV lamp I got this time) with the same mix and it should be ok and then on to the bottom half.

What is the purpose of the UV lamp out of interest?

Will it help aid in highlighting any dirt, dust or stains on the case?

I do remember that dust shows up extremely well under UV light from being in clubs, and feeling dirty everytime I noticed the dust on my shirt!

Almost looks like dandruff or something under the UV light!

waveform wrote: »
    Wow man! That was an absolute steal for 50 quid!

For a better preserved case you'd be talking in the 100s i'd say!

You can't really expect them to look like new in this day and age unless they're still sealed since the 80s! ;)

I would certainly be afraid to ever offer you anything in the swaps forum for fear of harassment over condition! :D

The high levels of standards you have is what makes you so professional in your work though, and is certainly a great quality to have.

Was only thinking about the clean room you made for the Apple II recently, when I posted about the Metro Vac a while back!

It's certainly inspiring.

What is the purpose of the UV lamp out of interest?

Will it help aid in highlighting any dirt, dust or stains on the case?

I do remember that dust shows up extremely well under UV light from being in clubs, and feeling dirty everytime I noticed the dust on my shirt!

Almost looks like dandruff or something under the UV light!

I'm not that crazy into making sure everything is spotless. Just certain things I like to restore to their former glory(or as close as I can get to it).

As for the UV light, well that means its time for science class I'm afraid.
    http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/Ultra+Violet+Energy

It works best with a proper retr0brite formula.
    http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/Using+Retr0Bright

That clean room(mini clean room really) I set up for the Apple I cleaning job is just something that anyone would do if they had something like that. Its rare, valuable and I had to go to the bank to get it. So I though I should be careful with it :)

I was thinking the UV light may somehow aid in the cleaning process,
    but not having an iota how that would be possible made it seem foolish to ask if I was wrong!

The mini clean room you set up will certainly be paying you back for the effort involed if you decide to sell the Apple I,

not that it hasn't already paid you back in satisfaction!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Got this today, doesn't seem to work though :(
    dragon32.jpg
    My card is now maxed out.
    Oh dear.

I remember the Dragon 32. One of the lads I went to school with had one of those. Don't remember any outstanding games for it though? :confused:

Aww man, I just google imaged UV lamp to see the term brought up the tube version I have, which i bought in maplin years ago,

and I just saw the most disgusting image of fingers with severe skin damage.

I've had nightmares before of skin defects, but that image is 10 times worse.

I almost feel sick after seeing it.

Not sure if it's photoshoped or not, but I wouldn't google it if you're the kind that gets squeamish easily.

• Advertisement

Turns out it's a photoshopped image with Lamprey Eels layered over fingers.

The pics of the lamprey eels are safe to look at....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamprey

If you're hardcore you can google lamprey fingers for the disgusting pic.

Ughhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

is it the one of the two fingers?

because it looks fake but prob isnt...just like most horrible medical pictures

Oh so it is fake...well im in the mood for it now so UV damage google search here I come

The guy who made it has a mega thread of photoshop weirdness on ebaumsworld:

http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?94304-Judge-Mental-has-been-judged-mental-thread

Some really cool shops on there, but some weird and creepy ones also!

Must check out more of his work.

His style vaguely reminds me of cyriak's animations.....

freak.gifmouth.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

On another note, the cleaning begins:

DSC_0892b.jpg

Did a spooky ghost just come in?

tumblr_l67pksvokI1qbvx0xo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got this today, doesn't seem to work though :(
    dragon32.jpg
    My card is now maxed out.
    Oh dear.

I've got one of those, works just fine.
    Not using it at all and happy to part with it for not that much or, better still, something cool.
    Let me know about a trade if you really need it!

I was replacing the backup battery on this so thought I stick a few pics up.

Psion series 5:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psion_Series_5

DSC_0898%20%28Custom%29.JPG

DSC_0899%20%28Custom%29.JPG

DSC_0901%20%28Custom%29.JPG

I bought this new when it came out first in Ireland many years ago(1998/99 maybe) and it was my main Computer/PDA/internet device for quite a while. I used a dial up modem connected to it while living in an apartment and managed to get very basic web and email on it as well as ftp.
    Seems mad now but this device and me have some history :)

I think it had the best PDA keyboard for many years and it still feels great to type on and works as good as the day I got it. This thing is rock solid and has never had a problem in its life. It still feels great to hold and has a certain quality to it.

I'm thinking about collecting all the other main Psion PDA's now.

These arrived today. :)

yCn8Q.jpghNfAc.jpg
    LnZpL.jpg
    qDndR.jpg
    hweg9.jpg
    eBk4P.jpg
    u1Z5e.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I was replacing the backup battery on this so thought I stick a few pics up.

Psion series 5:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psion_Series_5

DSC_0898%20%28Custom%29.JPG

DSC_0899%20%28Custom%29.JPG

DSC_0901%20%28Custom%29.JPG

I bought this new when it came out first in Ireland many years ago(1998/99 maybe) and it was my main Computer/PDA/internet device for quite a while. I used a dial up modem connected to it while living in an apartment and managed to get very basic web and email on it as well as ftp.
    Seems mad now but this device and me have some history :)

I think it had the best PDA keyboard for many years and it still feels great to type on and works as good as the day I got it. This thing is rock solid and has never had a problem in its life. It still feels great to hold and has a certain quality to it.

I'm thinking about collecting all the other main Psion PDA's now.

Ive a spare 3c for trade if youre interested ( and a jornada as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

IBM?

• Advertisement

Might be interested all right.
    Whats the model of jornada?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement