Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

He lives in straffan county Kildare not Cavan he may or may not work in Cavan I'm unsure tbh!!!

How dare you call Kildare poachers who do you think you are?? Begrudging a man wanting to play the game he loves close to home or a county welcoming him to the setup???

I smell sourness in your posts tbh

Sourness?

Kildare have contacted 2 players(That I know off) to come and play for them saying they will get it all set up. Completely wrong. I am sure they are not the only ones.

What do you call that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

AGC wrote: »
    Sourness?

Kildare have contacted 2 players(That I know off) to come and play for them saying they will get it all set up. Completely wrong. I am sure they are not the only ones.

What do you call that?

Proof of that???

Or are you just a TROLL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

He lives in straffan county Kildare not Cavan he may or may not work in Cavan I'm unsure tbh!!!

How dare you call Kildare poachers who do you think you are?? Begrudging a man wanting to play the game he loves close to home or a county welcoming him to the setup???

He works in Cavan town.

Alaska1 wrote: »
    He works in Cavan town.

Ok maybe he does fair dues !! Other things could come into it like is he married etc does his partner work in Dublin or Kildare if so loads of things could come into his reasoning tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ok maybe he does fair dues !! Other things could come into it like is he married etc does his partner work in Dublin or Kildare if so loads of things could come into his reasoning tbh

Have you read any of the thread or did you just decide to waddle in on the last page and start shouting "sour" and "troll"?

Johnston's living and working arrangements are well documented in the previous pages, do have a read it might help you avoid looking uninformed.

• Advertisement

Also the match on Sunday was two weakened sides tbh but by no means does it take the victory from kildares hands!!

And whoever commented on pitch condition remember this is gaa football a ge played predominantly with ball in hand not sassy Girly soccer, no gaa pitch is perfect even croker can have bad days

Proof of that???

Or are you just a TROLL

Yes I do have proof and I am not going to start naming names on here. It is widely known.

One is a current inter county player with zero connection to Kildare, home, work, family etc...

Not everything Kildare do is right you know.....

So you don't actually have a clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Will you stop, where you getting the proof that he lives in Kildare? thats complete bs, i live next door to the lad and see him arriving back from work 5 days a week!!!!! I say let him rot he will never play for Cavan under this management and Kildare don't need a disruptive prima dona like him.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Have you read any of the thread or did you just decide to waddle in on the last page and start shouting "sour" and "troll"?

Johnston's living and working arrangements are well documented in the previous pages, do have a read it might help you avoid looking uninformed.

Waddle in? Lol

Look at the post count for this thread?? You then might be more informed!!

The troll comment was for a guy stating Kildare are poachers, and that he knows at least two players they have approached about playing for Kildare which I would be 100% sure is waffle unless he cares to air his washing for us! I also slipped away from thread due to a family member quite Ill so maybe I missed johnstons arrangements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Waddle in? Lol

The troll comment was for a guy stating Kildare are poachers, and that he knows at least two players they have approached about playing for Kildare which I would be 100% sure is waffle unless he cares to air his washing for us! I also slipped away from thread due to a family member quite Ill so maybe I missed johnstons arrangements

The entire thread is still there for you to read so, rather than wading in with ill-informed comments.

Johnston works as a P.E. teacher in Breifne College in Cavan town.

Waddle in? Lol

I am clearly not going to name the player but at the time I think it might also have been in the media. Certainly on most GAA boards and I know him personally.

The player was offered work and living arrangments if he transferred. I have credible proof unlike you who has been found out in the last few posts.

I don't have the time to be trolling around.

Lojak wrote: »
    Will you stop, where you getting the proof that he lives in Kildare? thats complete bs, i live next door to the lad and see him arriving back from work 5 days a week!!!!! I say let him rot he will never play for Cavan under this management and Kildare don't need a disruptive prima dona like him.

Kildare are doing quite well these days as we all can see!!

So adding Johnston will only strengthen a squad IMO I actually don't give 2 PENNIES about him but I won't have this thread turning into an anti Kildare flame war with people calling county poachers etc.

Agc what's the harm in naming the players?? I for one would be utterly displeased to think the county board were playing dirty tricks like poaching players!!

Even name the county involved??

Kildare are doing quite well these days as we all can see!!

So adding Johnston will only strengthen a squad IMO I actually don't give 2 PENNIES about him but I won't have this thread turning into an anti Kildare flame war with people calling county poachers etc.

Im not trying to turn it into an anti- kildare anything!!!! I personally dont believe you want Johnston, yes hes a great player but he is sooo far up his own arse you wouldnt believe it, in Cavan every ball had to go to him! If it didnt he'd have a tantrum.

Agc what's the harm in naming the players?? I for one would be utterly displeased to think the county board were playing dirty tricks like poaching players!!

Even name the county involved??

I am not going to name him, end off.

Do the county board even know?? It was the managment team that approached him. If he said yes im sure they might run back to the ocunty board but as he has no interest im sure they didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Dixon1983

Lojak wrote: »
    Im not trying to turn it into an anti- kildare anything!!!! I personally dont believe you want Johnston, yes hes a great player but he is sooo far up his own arse you wouldnt believe it, in Cavan every ball had to go to him! If it didnt he'd have a tantrum.

Correct! But that was mainly because he had to do it on his own. You should see some of the clowns he had as inter county team mates?

Dixon1983 wrote: »
    Correct! But that was mainly because he had to do it on his own. You should see some of the clowns he had as inter county team mates?

I'm from Cavan, I've clearly seen them play!!! yes he was the stand out player but come on they are not clowns. There is no arguing with the fact that Johnston was extremely disruptive. Last year he was captain , i saw at trainings him shouting and roaring at young lads! This is why he was dropped im sure, we have a very young team coming trough and this behaviour is not going to help theirs and the teams development!!!!

Yes and alot of those clowns have been removed from the panel now which is down to the good work Val and Terry are doing.

The past 3 managers of Cavan haven't commented on the attitude of the intercounty players in the county for nothing.

Croke PArk have the request and Cavan Gaels are not blocking it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Dixon1983

Lemlin wrote: »
    Yes and alot of those clowns have been removed from the panel now which is down to the good work Val and Terry are doing.

The past 3 managers of Cavan haven't commented on the attitude of the intercounty players in the county for nothing.

Did you watch last years fiasco under Andrews????
    Oh THERE ARE STILL PLENTY OF CLOWNS THERE.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I know this has partially been covered but even without knowing Johnston himself, it's clear that he's not living in Straffan from just reading the reports last week.
    Notice all of them have something along the lines of "he used an address in Straffan". None of them specifically say he's living there. Also, as mentioned previously, why the hell would he live there if he has to travel nearly 2 hours each way to work every morning and evening?

Personally I'll lose a lot of respect for Kildare if this goes through. I feel bad for the native player who will lose his place on the team to an outsider. What's to stop Banty having a few words with his ex players in Monaghan to get them to transfer to play for Meath?

Who are these so called clowns? all i see is last dedicated to playing for there county!! With comments like this i think there is only one clown about!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

And whoever commented on pitch condition remember this is gaa football a ge played predominantly with ball in hand not sassy Girly soccer, no gaa pitch is perfect even croker can have bad days
    The pitch and general environs of St Conleth's are an absolute disgrace, it's no wonder that the Kildare GAA are in debt when they provide toilet facilities that are worse than that seen in Trainspotting and you could even see from the TV coverage how poor the pitch was (I do admit that some county grounds are far from perfect at this time of year) but Parnell Park the previous weekend was a massive improvement on it.

Yes, I was at every game last year. I watched the fiasco but I think it has to be remembered the situation the Andrews came into.

The last 3 Cavan managers have complained about the attitude of the players. The only teams we have beaten from Ulster in recent years have been Antrim or Fermanagh.

Andrews has been doing squad culls and dropping players bit by bit so I'd imagine he is getting rid of those who he sees as "clowns".

And in what way are these lads clowns? I'd like you to build on this a bit. Do you think they haven't the commitment to wear the jersey? Are they not good enough in terms of quality of play?

kildare9 wrote: »
    Why did he go to st.Kevins of all clubs? Naas should have snapped him up. Great addition to the team, hopefully we can push on now and win Leinster and Sam.

Because one of the Kildare selectors is St. Kevins I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Cavan Gaels GFC - Twitter
    We can offically confirm that we have not received any transfer requests from any player within club,or have we signed any transfer forms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

This is turning into a circus now, and embarassing for all involved.

sgarvan wrote: »
    Cavan Gaels GFC - Twitter
    We can offically confirm that we have not received any transfer requests from any player within club,or have we signed any transfer forms

I am just going off later editions of some of the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Clowns, circus

Are we sure this is a GAA thread? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement