Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

13468938

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ RickRoll


    Dixon1983 wrote: »
    look i can assure you he wont train this Tuesday with Kildare . now if you know Seanie you will know that. So really you should get your facts right before you use boards to post what you THINK MIGHT happen.

    Seanie has other things to occupy his mind other than football at this particular time . So get your facts right before you post
    My facts are just that. I also can tell you he will be joining the Celbridge club in North Kildare.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Dixon1983


    RickRoll wrote: »
    My facts are just that. I also can tell you he will be joining the Celbridge club in North Kildare.

    He wont be at any training anywhere Tuesday night so get your FACTS right.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ RickRoll


    Dixon1983 wrote: »
    He wont be at any training anywhere Tuesday night so get your FACTS right.
    He certainly will be, at Hawkfield.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭ LeoB


    Seanie struck me as as the type of player who blows hot and cold. If he is up for it he will take some stopping.

    I just wonder the effect it could have the younger Kildare players coming through. Will they get a bit peeved off? I really dont hink Kildare need him especially with Dermot Early back and Flynn playing well they have enough talented options without him

    On the Kildare Dublin posts. I think most people who follow football would be very wary of this Kildare team. Good footballers from 1 to 25 and probably beyond. Dublin wont fear them but will be very careful. The big challenge for Kildare is putting a few performance together against big teams.

    Finally on last years Leinster final and the Free. It was a free. The Kildare player ran accross the back of the Dublin player knowing full well he would clip his ankle and trip him up. FREE KICK. Eoghan O'Gara was a passenger in that match and not a huge loss to Dublin. Fact is had Kildare came out and played ball they might have won not the negative crap which has won them nothing. Last time they won Leinster they played really good football.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ RickRoll


    LeoB wrote: »
    Seanie struck me as as the type of player who blows hot and cold. If he is up for it he will take some stopping.

    I just wonder the effect it could have the younger Kildare players coming through. Will they get a bit peeved off? I really dont hink Kildare need him especially with Dermot Early back and Flynn playing well they have enough talented options without him

    On the Kildare Dublin posts. I think most people who follow football would be very wary of this Kildare team. Good footballers from 1 to 25 and probably beyond. Dublin wont fear them but will be very careful. The big challenge for Kildare is putting a few performance together against big teams.

    Finally on last years Leinster final and the Free. It was a free. The Kildare player ran accross the back of the Dublin player knowing full well he would clip his ankle and trip him up. FREE KICK. Eoghan O'Gara was a passenger in that match and not a huge loss to Dublin. Fact is had Kildare came out and played ball they might have won not the negative crap which has won them nothing. Last time they won Leinster they played really good football.
    RTEmagicC_stussy_t19_sunglasses.jpg.jpg


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭ Alaska1


    St Kevin's will be Seany's club of choice, or that's where he will end up anyway.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭ LeoB


    RickRoll wrote: »
    RTEmagicC_stussy_t19_sunglasses.jpg.jpg

    Pity Kildare were not as quick on the pitch.

    Someone with a white cane or a litte knowlege could see what the Kildare player done. Some days you get away with them some days you dont and unfortunatly for Kildare he didnt :D. Fact still stands Kildare lost that game with negative tactics against a Dublin side who only played well for about 15 - 20 minutes. Move on. Lokk at all the games we lost thanks to clowns like Tommy Howard and Seamus Alderidge

    Will pass the glasses on to the referee............ ;)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Dixon1983


    RickRoll wrote: »
    He certainly will be, at Hawkfield.

    For non footballing reasons he WONT be training with Kildare or anybody else this Tuesday night


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ RickRoll


    Alaska1 wrote: »
    St Kevin's will be Seany's club of choice, or that's where he will end up anyway.
    Yep, you are correct, he will play with St. Kevins.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭ Alaska1


    Genuinely is Sean the missing piece of the Kildare jigsaw ?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ RickRoll


    Alaska1 wrote: »
    Genuinely is Sean the missing piece of the Kildare jigsaw ?
    Looking at yesterdays game, we badly need a free taker and he is one of the best in the business. If he puts in the effort and regains his Cavan form of 07' 08' he will no doubt be a huge addition to Kildare.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Dixon1983


    RickRoll wrote: »
    Yep, you are correct, he will play with St. Kevins.


    Is St Kevins and Celbridge the same club??

    Because earlier tonight you were saying he was going to joing Celbridge??

    ANYWAY I suppose for a 27 year old to already have 8/9 Senior club medals it would be irrelevent what club he joined. Maybe he would be better helping out a Junior Club side, I think thats the only club medal he might be missing.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ RickRoll


    Dixon1983 wrote: »
    Is St Kevins and Celbridge the same club??

    Because earlier tonight you were saying he was going to joing Celbridge??

    ANYWAY I suppose for a 27 year old to already have 8/9 Senior club medals it would be irrelevent what club he joined. Maybe he would be better helping out a Junior Club side, I think thats the only club medal he might be missing.
    Nope it's St. Kevins he will be joining he was expected to join Celbridge. He will find it a hell of a lot harder to win a Kildare Club Championship than a Cavan one, club football in Cavan would be of a poor standard.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Dixon1983


    Ive often wondered what Seanie would be like playing with half decent forwards. Because he has two great feet and can turn on a sixpence.

    Really there is very little wrong with his attitude. Results last year have pissed him off and like any disgruntled player/fan he asked questions of the management.

    Questions that he never got answers to and it seemed to be easier to drop him and hopefully rely on up and coming under21s.

    I still wont believe he will leave Cavan Gaels simply because he was come through the ranks from under10 with lots of those lads and won untold honours at all levels. I even think he has 3/4 minor club championship medals.

    McGeeney i feel is the main player here. But this could be his last year if he dont produce the goods. And even if he wins something he could also walk away on a high. So would the next Kildare manager want Seanie next year?

    anyway Seanie is a class act,knows where the posts are from both play and frees. worth 5 points a game on average.

    GOOD LUCK TO HIM WHATEVER HE DECIDES


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ RickRoll


    Dixon he has put in a transfer request to Cavan Gaels already and they have begrudgingly accepted it on the promise that he will return to them someday. I expect to see him play some part in Kildare's league campaign.

    All depends on the DRA now.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Dixon1983


    RickRoll wrote: »
    Nope it's St. Kevins he will be joining he was expected to join Celbridge. He will find it a hell of a lot harder to win a Kildare Club Championship than a Cavan one, club football in Cavan would be of a poor standard.

    I dont think he would he moving to Kildare to win club medals. He got plenty of them. I would say both counties are around the same level as regards club football .Neither can hack it at Provincial level even though Ulster Club is far stronger than Lenister club.

    The bottom line is this Kildare Team and management HAVE to deliver this year. And its understandable that McGeeney would he interested in ANY half decent forward that might be available


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Dixon1983


    RickRoll wrote: »
    Dixon he has put in a transfer request to Cavan Gaels already and they have begrudgingly accepted it on the promise that he will return to them someday. I expect to see him play some part in Kildare's league campaign.

    All depends on the DRA now.


    VERY suprised that Seanie had time to put in a transfer request this weekend while dealing with a family bereavement.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ RickRoll


    Dixon1983 wrote: »
    I dont think he would he moving to Kildare to win club medals. He got plenty of them. I would say both counties are around the same level as regards club football .Neither can hack it at Provincial level even though Ulster Club is far stronger than Lenister club.

    The bottom line is this Kildare Team and management HAVE to deliver this year. And its understandable that McGeeney would he interested in ANY half decent forward that might be available
    That's bull, when was the last time a Cavan team won an Ulster Club Championship?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Dixon1983


    RickRoll wrote: »
    That's bull, when was the last time a Cavan team won an Ulster Club Championship?

    What i said was the Standard in Ulster is higher than Lenister at club level. You only have to look at the All Ireland Club results this past 15 years to work that out


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ kildare9


    Why did he go to st.Kevins of all clubs? Naas should have snapped him up. Great addition to the team, hopefully we can push on now and win Leinster and Sam.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭ StupidLikeAFox


    Looks like he is on his way now. Hopefully the onus will be on him to prove he can make the team. Kildare looked sharp and did well against dublin the other day even though none of the big players were playing, so if Seanie is good enough to make the team more power to him.

    Kildare werent far off the pace last year despite a lot of injuries. So far this year the team is injury free which means there is serious competition for places which can only be a good thing. With Sean Johnston added to the lineup it might just be the little bit extra we need to get over the line


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭ DARK-KNIGHT


    ColHol wrote: »
    Kildare looked sharp and did well against dublin the other day even though none of the big players were playing???
    That's bull none of the big players for Dublin were playing?? Did you watch the game?? Or at the game??

    What you just posted said to me well done Kildare but you didn't beat the AI champions. Insulting to the effort from the Kildare lads


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 AGC


    Completely disagree with this move. It is as good as poaching IMO. Kildare have been known to approach other counties players over the last couple of years and hopefully this transfer is not allowed.

    As someone said earlier if this was to happen there may aswell be an open transfer market.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 AGC


    That's bull none of the big players for Dublin were playing?? Did you watch the game?? Or at the game??

    What you just posted said to me well done Kildare but you didn't beat the AI champions. Insulting to the effort from the Kildare lads

    Both Kildare and Dublin can take very little from that game on Sunday, Kildare did have a far stronger team out than Dublin but the standard was terrible. Kildare kicked some woeful wides.

    Referree didn't help either side also


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Dixon1983


    Seemingly Cavan Gaels have not recieved any transfer request . well not up to 11am this morning anyway so its seems McGeeney is telling porkies


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭ keane2097


    Kildare's second string might just be stronger than Dublin's maybe?

    No Doyle, Earley, Lynch, McGrillen, Foley, Bolton etc.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭ Alaska1


    keane2097 wrote: »
    Kildare's second string might just be stronger than Dublin's maybe?

    No Doyle, Earley, Lynch, McGrillen, Foley, Bolton etc.

    Not really considering the players Dublin had playing with Colleges.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭ dcr22B


    keane2097 wrote: »
    No Doyle, Earley, Lynch, McGrillen, Foley, Bolton etc.

    McGrillen came on as a sub BTW ;)

    No cause for alarm after Sunday, that pitch will be nothing like the quality surfaces like Croker that we'll be used to playing come summer (please God).

    As for Johnston, couldn't care less. I don't think he's built physically tough enough to fit exactly into Geezer's plans although given their errant shooting on Sunday, another scoring forward would be beneficial to them.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭ DARK-KNIGHT


    AGC wrote: »
    Completely disagree with this move. It is as good as poaching IMO. Kildare have been known to approach other counties players over the last couple of years and hopefully this transfer is not allowed.

    As someone said earlier if this was to happen there may aswell be an open transfer market.

    He lives in straffan county Kildare not Cavan he may or may not work in Cavan I'm unsure tbh!!!

    How dare you call Kildare poachers who do you think you are?? Begrudging a man wanting to play the game he loves close to home or a county welcoming him to the setup???

    I smell sourness in your posts tbh


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement