Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

[Whitehead tgat

=madmoe;76255746]
    Jackobyte wrote: »
    Google Currents is a fantastically designed app. It is a bit like pulse in that it pulls RSS feeds, but organises them in a nice, fluid magazine-like view. Not yet available in Ireland but XDA have the apk file for those interested.

I like it but still use Feedly more. They need integration with your Twitter feed and Facebook feed as well to be even nicer![/Quote]
    Yea be be nice to have Facebook feed, espically a feed for certain groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is Viber available on a Google Tablet ?

Not sure but have it on my ipad, put a free sim from 02 in an old phone and used that when prompted for the number setting up viber, sms recieved on old phone, code input on ipad, voila. Sync google contacts to ipad and i get all my viber contacts. Have viber then on my xperia play but with my usual number, you could probably setup on 2 devices with one number, dont know what happens when you call though??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Could anyone tell me what Viber is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Fonejacker app!

The amount of craic I've had with it over the holidays was unreal!!!!!

Call someone, put them on speaker, then randomly play one of the characters is very funny.....

The amount of people who wanted to 'upgrade their current iphonings for the new iphoning's that is much better than your current iphonings' had me in stitches!!!!

Not a free app though, but 94c was dam well worth the laughs I got, especially from calling HMV and checking the prices of there DOOVDE was very funny too lol!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.widebeamgames.fonejacker&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS53aWRlYmVhbWdhbWVzLmZvbmVqYWNrZXIiXQ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

pah wrote: »
    you could probably setup on 2 devices with one number, dont know what happens when you call though??

You can't do this. Looked into it before when setting up Viber on an ipod touch.
    I actually just used my home phone number, there is an option in viber to have it ring the phone and read out the code instead of text it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

think its been mentioned on here before, but gotya! is great protection if the phone is lost or if someone is trying to access your phone while your not looking.

free version
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.gotyalite

1.99 with extra features
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.gotya

also, avast, if you're rooted offers an extra level of anti-theft protection (can survive a data wipe)
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone else try out Thats my fish. Cost a few quid if memory serves correct but is a fantastic translation of Fantasy Flight's boardgame of the same name. Pretty easy to play.

I really hope it does well as the one reason I want an IPad right now is the huge amount of board games translated to it that never see the light of day on android devices..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Someone on fb said something about an app called "freeonfreetvsports" that let you watch bbc itv channel 5 etc on your phone, tried searching the market but no luck, anyone know of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Someone on fb said something about an app called "freeonfreetvsports" that let you watch bbc itv channel 5 etc on your phone, tried searching the market but no luck, anyone know of it?
    try filmon tv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

seanybiker wrote: »
    try filmon tv

And why did you keep that to yourself for so long????

Nice1 Thanks, almost looks to good to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

And why did you keep that to yourself for so long????

Nice1 Thanks, almost looks to good to be true.
    Ha sorry I thought it was so fecking brilliant that everyone would have known it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Do you have to sign up to that FilmOn yoke? Coz im just getting a black screen on my HTC Desire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

You don't have to sign in to get it to work. Sometimes it doesn't work well and sometimes its ok.

Its the one app I am very disappointed on android though compared to iOS. The resolution is crap compared to iPad version. Hope they fix this as it could be a fantastic app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ah grand. I reinstalled it there and now its working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Used to get quite a few random video ads appearing in gallery when I had filmon installed. Not that big a deal, but didnt use it enough to bother with. TBF though it worked well when I did use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

I haven't read through the whole thread to see if it has been mentioned before, but for internet radion stations TuneIn is a great little app. Easy to use, and you can set your favourite stations up as presets like a normal radio. So far I've only used it for UK stations like 5Live, 6Music and XFM, but I'm sure there are loads of other stations worldwide to suit your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

It's been mentioned alright. Great app. The Pro version is free on Getjar at present. You can record on it.

I listen to the Dean Blundell show a few times a week on it. I recommend googling it. Great show. Pretty funny and OTT compared to what's on Irish radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

G S R wrote: »
    It's been mentioned alright. Great app. The Pro version is free on Getjar at present. You can record on it.

I listen to the Dean Blundell show a few times a week on it. I recommend googling it. Great show. Pretty funny and OTT compared to what's on Irish radio.

Yea used to listen to it all the time in Toronto,theres some crazy stuff on that show at times,think ill just get that app just for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

Yea used to listen to it all the time in Toronto,theres some crazy stuff on that show at times,think ill just get that app just for that?
    What happened? :D

The blind movie reviewer segment is hilarious too.

How they get away with all the sex talk so early in the morning over there, I'll never know.

I'd say Ray Foley gets a lot of his ideas from the Blundell show. They did something very similar to the Eh, yea, Ok Ray Foley segment a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I love google gesture search. It lets you draw a letter with your finger on the screen and finds everything on your phone starting with that letter including contacts. You can refine the search to just contacts or program's etc if you like though. It could be better but I'm impressed.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

try filmon tv

Thats one quality app and will do nicely until Sky Go becomes available

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

Mars Bar wrote: »
    thomasj wrote: »
    Sky sports have finally released their scorecentre app to the android market after being over available to ios for so long. It can be found at the marketplace.

I downloaded it as it was in the top free apps on the market but I thought it had been out for quite some time! Can't believe it took them this long to release it on android...
    Does it give assists aswell as the goal scorer, can be handy for fantasy football

It gives full text commentary of the game, so you should find the assist easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

try filmon tv

Having issues running it on my Galaxy Nexus, what about you guys?? What you running it on?

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

madmoe wrote: »
    Having issues running it on my Galaxy Nexus, what about you guys?? What you running it on?

Cheers,
    M

Works perfect on the Samsung Galaxy S II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i think its just flakey. i find the website to be more reliable in general
    filmon.tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

subway wrote: »
    i think its just flakey. i find the website to be more reliable in general
    filmon.tv

The filmon app for android only uses 240p/360p which is ok on smartphone but terrible on tab.

Was trying to watch the darts there on bbc2 but I can't even see the scoreboard graphics, the resolution is so bad. So went to the site on browser and you can now chose 480p option on site. Picture is much sharper and much better.

They only used to allow 20 or 30 seconds of viewing from the website but now you can view for free with tv guide and you can pick resolution you want much like youtube. To be honest, the site is now better than the app

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bobby10_10

I was always of the belief that games on phones were a bit silly , until i discoverd stickyman golf & iRunner :D

such simple but brilliantly made games that keep you entertained . People downloading the likes of gta and modern warfare i still think is a tad nonsensical but each to their own .

I only have four games ; Stickyman , i runner , angry birds & word feud .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Me too! Never play games but LOVE stickman golf! Stuck on a level and its driving me nuts!

Will give iRunner a go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

bobby10_10 wrote: »
    I was always of the belief that games on phones were a bit silly , until i discoverd stickyman golf & iRunner :D

such simple but brilliantly made games that keep you entertained . People downloading the likes of gta and modern warfare i still think is a tad nonsensical but each to their own .

I only have four games ; Stickyman , i runner , angry birds & word feud .

Try Blast Monkeys :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement