Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sure what's new, eh? :P:pac:

I feel weird today. Not in the mood for work, feel a bit giddy. Hence all the Boards time.
    That's just mean, you can't pick on the sick girl :( :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Pembily wrote: »
    That's just mean, you can't pick on the sick girl :( :eek:

I feel shame.

Nah a little gentle ribbing to amuse you in your time of need. I needed to counteract the niceness of prescribing TV, sofa and hot water bottle yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I can just picture Sauv doing a little tantrum jig in the middle of the office before falling to the group rolling around screaming!! :D

TP you're scarily close to the truth! No screaming though, just a flared nostril or two :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

You have no idea, Starbucks and Cafe Java are in lots of places in Dublin :P

Cafe java? 4 according to their website.. ok, I'll stop being creepy now.. :P:pac:

I hate you all. In work, freezing, lunch was mediocre, and people keep throwing headfcuks at me.:p

What's a headfcuk?! I presume it's not what I'm thinking of :pac:

Edit: What I was thinking of was difficult mental conundrums...given my posting history people may have assumed I meant something else altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

To everyone that's off work: Feck all of you :D

F*cking headcold doing my head in and there's nothing but ****e coffee in the office.

In brighter news MW3 is out tonight, huzzah!

What's a headfcuk?! I presume it's not what I'm thinking of :pac:

Edit: What I was thinking of was difficult mental conundrums...given my posting history people may have assumed I meant something else altogether!

I'm not overly familiar with your posting history so I did assume the worst :p haha
    It's what I use to describe silly questions, the printer breaking, the phone ringing constantly, and suppliers making muck-ups. (Just incase you thought I meant something else! :p)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've to meet a job agency in the morning, what's the normal attire for these, shirt and tie? Suit? Shirt and slacks? Upon further reflection, I don't want the job but the experience won't do me any harm or maybe the agancy could point me in the right direction. I work at the moment just incase someone thinks I'm committed to staying on the dole or something.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If its just a recruitment company then Id say you will be grand with a shirt and slacks tbh.Its not formal enough for a tie but a bit more formal than jeans.

Yup, trousers and shirt should be grand. Especially if you don't want the job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd go all out and wear a suit without the tie tbh - from my dealing with recruiters if you look the part and you get on well with them they'll work harder for you to get the role

Obviously you can say they're out for their commission but I've dealt with two very nice people from CPL in the last year or so and they treated me very well.

Started the new job a few weeks ago and got a call on my first day from a one of these individuals to see if I was available, a company I'd interviewed with a number of months previous had asked him to see if I was available.

When I said no he told me I was with a better company atm and wished me all the best - thought it was a very nice touch by him.

There's nothing like 90 mins of punishing yoga to knock off the cobwebs from the weekend. Now to guiltlessly sit on the couch and drink endless cups of tea for the night :D

^ Ah tea. The greatest thing on earth. I've had a wonderful evening of tea, flapjacks and Peep Show. It's possibly my idea of heaven.

Falling Down just starting now on TCM, havnt seen it in frickin years.

I cycled to work on my pretty new bike :) I'm also feeling much better today, off to the Dr as well!

Morning all!

Falling Down just starting now on TCM, havnt seen it in frickin years.
    Michael Douglas is boss in that movie, must watch it again sometime

Aye,I had forgotten how darkly funny it is.Fair play for cycling to work Pem,you feeling better?

I cycled to work on my pretty new bike :) I'm also feeling much better today, off to the Dr as well!

Morning all!

Fair play lady!
    Had a great run this morn, I had the beach all to myself. That never happens :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

head is fcuking killing me despite solpadeine!

pemb i blame you for making me sick :p

bluewolf wrote: »
    head is fcuking killing me despite solpadeine!

pemb i blame you for making me sick :p
    Neurofen - go hard or go home Wolfie :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i had solpa in my bag so i took that, and it fixed me before :pac:

Bluey I'm not contagious :P

The cycle was nice :) I'm feeling ok, not 100% but hopefully the Dr will sort me out later! I love when you've the area you're running in to yourself Sav! Cycling is relaxing so better than the stress odd the bus...

I'm heading to the gym this evening after work - going to start a 6 week program hopefully and stick to it without interruption - x3 times a week

We're all being very healthy today :)

Might look into a place to do swimming one or two days per week also - not a very good swimmer but a few lengths, sauna and steam would sort me out some evenings I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Oh how I love dealing with morons:(

Morning all.

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Oh how I love dealing with morons:(

Morning all.
    Morning!

Have you tried turning them off then turning them on again?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

PaulieC wrote: »
    Morning!

Have you tried turning them off then turning them on again?? :)
    'll Haha I'll give that a go:)

I'm starting to look for a new job, just too fed up with this job atm...

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm heading to the gym this evening after work - going to start a 6 week program hopefully and stick to it without interruption - x3 times a week

We're all being very healthy today :)

Might look into a place to do swimming one or two days per week also - not a very good swimmer but a few lengths, sauna and steam would sort me out some evenings I'd say

Routines are hard to get into, but once you do, it's fantastic.

Kya1976 wrote: »
    'll Haha I'll give that a go:)

I'm starting to look for a new job, just too fed up with this job atm...

Is there much out there in your field Kya?

Couldnt agree more.
    Pint of Guinness,shot of yager,cigarette.

Repeat til I fall over.

Awesome.
    :cool:

That is what we are talking about right?
    :pac:

I get really into things though - last time I had a structured gym program I stuck to it like clockwork so hopefully will do the same this time around.

Only problem is I've college two evenings per week outside of work so I've to fit it around that too.

Hoping to setup a study program and start eating better also just to make it a bit harder for myself!!

• Advertisement

Pint of Guinness, shot of yager,cigarette.

Repeat til I fall over.

Working the biceps, triceps, the cigarettes mean you're training under increased pressure so you'll get more from the workout I suppose and you'll be doing lunges before you fall over so in essence...yes....you're bang on the money there Otis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement