Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

chughes wrote: »
    Did I hear correctly or did Joan Burton belch during an interview a short while ago on the Breakfast Show ?

would explain why the joan burton character on gift grub this morning was belching. was away last week so missed that

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tippx

neris wrote: »
    would explain why the joan burton character on gift grub this morning was belching. was away last week so missed that
    Well her meet and greet with the Queen went belch free this evening,
    that said she was lookin well in a pink number!!never thaught I,d say that:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

oh holy jesus, Mark Coleman you ******.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats he at now?

edit, I'm listening, Coleman is a very dubious conservative/catholic figure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

hacx wrote: »
    oh holy jesus, Mark Coleman you ******.
    Whats he done?

• Advertisement

Is that Coleman with the noises off?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Saying the Irish fighting in WW1 should've been fighting in the Easter Rising.

Not the Channel Islands!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i think the blokes lost the plot.

his ego has inflated MASSIVELY leading to the failed senate bid.

had to turn off yesterday as he basically went off on a polemic.

what is it about newstalks presenters where given enough time they eventually disappear up their own backsides ?

that said nice to hear the text about the ****ing nightmare that is gettinga round the city this week.

it took me two hours waiting for a bus to get me across the suburbs which were no where NEAR the security stuff in town. whole pubic transport is fubard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

So, Ivan has been off on sick leave for a couple of weeks at this stage and (imo) Chris and Shane Coleman have been worse than poor -their show is now an irrelevance - just a poor immitation of Morning Ireland.

Yates' input is what differentiates the show. Without him, if say the back injury is so bad as to rule him out long term, they may as well scrap the format altogether.

On Chris specifically- why the showman act? And the hip patter? He cant ask a question without putting it in his form of trendy "modern" speak

- give us your take on ...........
    - how did it all play out .........

• Advertisement

I suspect at his age he doesn't know any other way to speak. I find Shane Coleman a more than adequate as a replacement for Yates (if he doesn't return).

mike65 wrote: »
    I suspect at his age he doesn't know any other way to speak. I find Shane Coleman a more than adequate as a replacement for Yates (if he doesn't return).

Maybe he should work on it then - it doesnt sound good to hear someone being asked about for example a fatality ......"tell us how the day played out".

On Shane Coleman, he is completly different and is not a like for like replacement for Yates - the show himself and Chris are now delivering is really a different format to the Chris/Yates show.

May not be bad thing, Yates to my mind was getting a bit too "loud" and his repartee with Chris was frankly tedious

May not be bad thing, Yates to my mind was getting a bit too "loud" and his repartee with Chris was frankly tedious

Meh, I like Ivan

The perspective he brings to issues is unique.

Shane Coleman was/is a good journalist and Chris is full of enthusiasm - but what do either of them (or any of the regulars on MI or drivetime) know about for example running for election, running a government department, coalitions generally, employers issues, running a business,crashing a business etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,321 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'm back listening to it a bit more with Coleman. He'll never last - not ranty right wing US talk radio enough for modern day Newstalk...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

i have completely gone off the breakfast shows since Yates has been sick....its just not as good

Maybe the solution is Yates and Coleman

That would be the dream team allright.

NT snapped up Coleman the minute the Tribune went down which looked ominous for Chris at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Darragh from boards on Moncreif right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That would be my preference aswell , with Chris maybe taking up a roving reporter role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

The Breakfast Show's listenership went up by 23,000 in the last quarter, so I don't think Newstalk will be sharing the view that the Yates-Donoghue combo is a problem that needs to be solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

so replace a staunch FG man with a staunch FF one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

getting fed up with newstalk breakfast, this morning's 7.30 sports bulletin they give feck all time to the HC final tomorrow followed by golf and a 2 minute interview with a Kerry footballer, their 8.30 sports starts with a story on Carlos Tevez followed by Golf followed by news on the HC final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'm sorry to say it because I used to be a fan of his but Chris is really starting to grate on me lately. The over emphasis of the letter 'T' is unbearable at this stage. I turned off this morning when he was interviewing the mother of the unjoined-cojoined twins, dreadful interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

According to Chris tomorrow is "Sattaday"!

ha !

newstalk send sean moncreif down to cork and the lines gone down. davenport is doing his show now from dublin.

of all the days, i bet seans raging.

:)

Rubik. wrote: »
    The Breakfast Show's listenership went up by 23,000 in the last quarter, so I don't think Newstalk will be sharing the view that the Yates-Donoghue combo is a problem that needs to be solved.

Yes but would the Coleman -Donoghue combo we have at the moment maintain those figures?

I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

ha !

newstalk send sean moncreif down to cork and the lines gone down. davenport is doing his show now from dublin.

Did Davenport just say Moncrieff was in Galway?

Why would he go to Galway when they have studios in Cork, today of all days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

ha !

I am now convinced that Fionn Davenport lives in the Newstalk building.

• Advertisement

this is great craic.

the whole stations falling apart, not only did they not get back to sean they couldnt even get quillys Q tip to play them out.

now doing ads to get to hooky.

:):)

have to say though fionn is doing alright considering, just making a joke out of it and rolling with it which TBH is the best way to go in these circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement