Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

stanley1 wrote: »
    DTT is not really there yet with et9000, nova-t has perfect pq but sound keeps dropping, don't know if the sundtek is working or not.

Stan,

Ive had virtually no issues with the nova-t since the vix 2.1. And as you remember from previous posts I wasnt a fan of nova-t on Duo. So Far Ive had
    No Black all channels, no black single channel, no stopped recordings, no drastic screen breakup, just .5 secs of slight pixelling once in about 15 hours of recordings.

I also have ordered a sundtek (should be here soon) and will copare on VIX 2.1 and report back....

D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

df, I was talking about clarke-tech et9000 rather than vuduo, nova-t and sundtek are working 100% in vuduo.

Regards

Sorry... Misinterpreted.
    stanley1 wrote: »
    df, I was talking about clarke-tech et9000 rather than vuduo, nova-t and sundtek are working 100% in vuduo.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

yop wrote: »
    Thinking of buying one of these,
    Did I read somewhere on here that they will pick up DTT here? how are you managing that?

Thanks

I have 2 Vu+ running. One has Sundtek dtt and other has Nova T. Both work perfectly, but I would give tumbs up to Nova T for 2 reasons:

1. Price, Sundtek is circa €90, I bought my Nova T for circa €27 online from amazon. Currently circa €34.
    2. Channel changeing time is circa 1 sec quicker with Nova T. Besides price the gripe i have with Sundtek is it takes just that extra second to change dtt channel. It's noticable quicker to change satellite channel on duo than DTT with sundtek. With Nova T channel changing time is same as satellite changing time.
    BTW i also found it much easier to install Nova T.
    Hope above helps in your choice.

Both machines are running with VIX.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Apogee

givecredit wrote: »
    I have 2 Vu+ running. One has Sundtek dtt and other has Nova T.

Seeing as how the second mux is due to be launched within the next few months, have you tried installing both USB DVB-T tuners on to the one Vu+?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Apogee wrote: »
    Seeing as how the second mux is due to be launched within the next few months, have you tried installing both USB DVB-T tuners on to the one Vu+?

Good question. No i have not tried that. But might give it a go over the weekend. Will report back on results.

All,

Has anyone contacted Sundtek recently.

There has been no reply to my emails for 4-5 days now and neither phone number on their website seems to work.

Website is up alright.

http://shop.sundtek.com/
    &
    http://www.sundtek.com/

Vanished ?????

D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was trying to add a Philips 16GB USB pendrive to my Vu, but it greenscreens every time I go into the Device menu in order to mount it.

It was formatted NTFS, changed it to FAT32, but didn't make any difference.

Is it a case that the Vu or VIX 2.0 doesn't support pendrives of 16GB?

there is an ongoing bug with vix at the moment, it will be fixed tonight.:)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7566-Update-Bug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well, hearing about OScam and the problems with Cccam descrambling PICKTV (no! i don't watch it!) on a Sky FTV White card, I decided to give this new emu a go - after nearly two days messing about trying to get OScam to talk to cccam I went the direct route and now use OScam as my main emu for my FTV and sub card - PICKTV is back!

I'm sure it was me and not the oscam/cccam combo but it would not clear PICKTV but happily cleared all my other channels no problem.

I'm happy now with OScam plus I've learned a little bit!

I'm also using Blackhole for the first time (v1.4.6) because in a few months my sky sub is going in the bin and I need an image that will allow me use my DTT stick (AF9015) for the Irish channels - VIX has the driver but it doesn't work and so far BH is a really nice image once you take the time to customise it, a few problems with DTT though:

1. channels aren't tuned in if I restart enigma2 (for example after installing a plugin) a full reboot is needed to get them running again - luckily I don't do that very often
    2. a few times I've had DTT recordings record nothing (00:00 recording time) when I'm recording from sat or other dtt channel even though DTT channels are clearing.

Plus I've now discovered the fun of Meoboot so VIX or VTI or PLI is only a reboot away and streaming all video formats from my PC via VLC (the interface isn't great but it works without a hitch so far and is fast) and the vu's webcontrol (streaming to PC from vu+) is a bonus as well.
    There's bloody loads you can do with this box!

PS I've spent way too much time messing with my vu+duo over the past two days but it's a great hobby

PPS dnme, if I was you I'd ditch Cccam and use only OScam - let me know if you want my config files (for two sky cards, one sub one FTV)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jgc115

gambiaman wrote: »
    Well, hearing about OScam and the problems with Cccam descrambling PICKTV (no! i don't watch it!) on a Sky FTV White card, I decided to give this new emu a go - after nearly two days messing about trying to get OScam to talk to cccam I went the direct route and now use OScam as my main emu for my FTV and sub card - PICKTV is back!

I'm sure it was me and not the oscam/cccam combo but it would not clear PICKTV but happily cleared all my other channels no problem.

I'm happy now with OScam plus I've learned a little bit!

I'm also using Blackhole for the first time (v1.4.6) because in a few months my sky sub is going in the bin and I need an image that will allow me use my DTT stick (AF9015) for the Irish channels - VIX has the driver but it doesn't work and so far BH is a really nice image once you take the time to customise it, a few problems with DTT though:

1. channels aren't tuned in if I restart enigma2 (for example after installing a plugin) a full reboot is needed to get them running again - luckily I don't do that very often
    2. a few times I've had DTT recordings record nothing (00:00 recording time) when I'm recording from sat or other dtt channel even though DTT channels are clearing.

Plus I've now discovered the fun of Meoboot so VIX or VTI or PLI is only a reboot away and streaming all video formats from my PC via VLC (the interface isn't great but it works without a hitch so far and is fast) and the vu's webcontrol (streaming to PC from vu+) is a bonus as well.
    There's bloody loads you can do with this box!

PS I've spent way too much time messing with my vu+duo over the past two days but it's a great hobby

PPS dnme, if I was you I'd ditch Cccam and use only OScam - let me know if you want my config files (for two sky cards, one sub one FTV)

Well, I for one would certainly be interested in your configs, because I have been trying to do exactly the same thing (oscam, cccam combo on Vix 2.03) for the past two days also and ditto without success. In the process I messed up my box so I had to re-flash and went up to Vix 2.1.2 (which I am very happy with so far) with Cccam on it's own but without "pick TV". I have exactly the same config as you, i.e. one sub card and one UK FTV card. Everything clears but the pick tv which, like you, I don't watch but I like a challenge. So far the challenge hasn't paid off.

Also, did you get OSCAM working on VIX? Because I'd like to stick to VIX.

Thanks jgc115icon11.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Thanks folks, I'm not sure it'll work either way. I have tried lots of config files and cccam versions and what have you, I just cannot get oscam to work for Pick TV and am pretty much given up now. I am using Vix 2.1n and want to stick to that.

jgc115 wrote: »
    Well, I for one would certainly be interested in your configs, because I have been trying to do exactly the same thing (oscam, cccam combo on Vix 2.03) for the past two days also and ditto without success. In the process I messed up my box so I had to re-flash and went up to Vix 2.1.2 (which I am very happy with so far) with Cccam on it's own but without "pick TV". I have exactly the same config as you, i.e. one sub card and one UK FTV card. Everything clears but the pick tv which, like you, I don't watch but I like a challenge. So far the challenge hasn't paid off.

Also, did you get OSCAM working on VIX? Because I'd like to stick to VIX.

Thanks jgc115icon11.gif

Yes, I have it working in Vix 2.0 (should be okay for Vix 2.1, my main image is BH146 and I multiboot other images but there is no .nfi file for latest Vix for me to try that one out)

I will PM you the link for VIX cams and my configs

dnme wrote: »
    Thanks folks, I'm not sure it'll work either way. I have tried lots of config files and cccam versions and what have you, I just cannot get oscam to work for Pick TV and am pretty much given up now. I am using Vix 2.1n and want to stick to that.

It was really quite simple in the end to switch to OScam - it was the trying to get oscam and cccam talking that I drove me up the wall.

If you want them let me know.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It was really quite simple in the end to switch to OScam - it was the trying to get oscam and cccam talking that I drove me up the wall.

Could you PM me the same please? Would be handy when I fire my Sky card into the VU.

As an aside, can Sky card update itself in the Vu with this setup, or does it still need to be put into a Skybox periodically?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

any chance someone could post a tutorial for vix?

Okay, PM'd those files and instructions. Let the thread know if it works for you (it should)
    Mods: Is it okay to post the config files here on the thread?
    It's only for reading valid skycards in the vu+, sub and/or ftv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

As i said many posts ago there is no need for OScam+CCcam ... OScam does it all.
    OScam is a far better cam than CCcam, support for OScam far outweighs that of CCcam and it gets updated with fixes and bugs all the time.

But we are working in a linux environment and your linux box can do a lot and its worth getting to know the ins and outs of your box... if you just want plug and play then either get a sky+ box or a blade or something.

Learn a bit about Linux, learn a bit about openembedded and then you will understand better what your box can do.

Okay, PM'd those files and instructions. Let the thread know if it works for you (it should)
    Mods: Is it okay to post the config files here on the thread?
    It's only for reading valid skycards in the vu+, sub and/or ftv.

Thanks Gambiaman, those worked for me but this comes with a bit of caution as I'm experiencing picture freezes for about 10 secs very 25mins or so. Not sure whether it's OSCAM or Vix 2.1.2 at this stage. When time permits I'll investigate further.

Thanks again - jgc115 :)

jgc115 wrote: »
    Thanks Gambiaman, those worked for me but this comes with a bit of caution as I'm experiencing picture freezes for about 10 secs very 25mins or so. Not sure whether it's OSCAM or Vix 2.1.2 at this stage. When time permits I'll investigate further.

Thanks again - jgc115 :)

Hi again jgc115, I'm using it and those configs on Vix 2.0 and Blackhole1.4.6 and VTI 2.5 and absolutely no freezes at all.
    I think I saw a thread over on the world-of-satellite forum that the latest online updates for Vix 2.1 were causing problems with the softcam manager?
    That might have something to do with it.

Also, did you leave all the load balancing (lb) options commented out as I had them active but was getting freezing and delays opening channels with them uncommented.

• Advertisement

Hi again jgc115, I'm using it and those configs on Vix 2.0 and Blackhole1.4.6 and VTI 2.5 and absolutely no freezes at all.
    I think I saw a thread over on the world-of-satellite forum that the latest online updates for Vix 2.1 were causing problems with the softcam manager?

Also, did you leave all the load balancing (lb) options commented out as I had them active but was getting freezing and delays opening channels with them uncommented.

Hi Gambiaman, Yes I did leave those # comments in and I think you are right about Vix online up dates - will check tonight.
    Regards
    jgc115

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Yes, I have it working in Vix 2.0 (should be okay for Vix 2.1, my main image is BH146 and I multiboot other images but there is no .nfi file for latest Vix for me to try that one out)

I will PM you the link for VIX cams and my configs

Hi Gambiaman, I would be very greatful if you could send those details to me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Gambiaman please send me on info also.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Righthammer

Hi Guys .. just wondering if the Nova T picks up RTE 2 in HD as I am thinking of purchasing one for the duo as there is no support for my current one (avermedia volar hd x (a815)). Only reason for purchase would be rte 2 hd so just want to make sure it works with this b4 I invest !

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Hi Guys .. just wondering if the Nova T picks up RTE 2 in HD as I am thinking of purchasing one for the duo as there is no support for my current one (avermedia volar hd x (a815)). Only reason for purchase would be rte 2 hd so just want to make sure it works with this b4 I invest !

It supports rte2 hd, the mpeg4 decoding takes place in the vu+ rather than in the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Righthammer

kierank01 wrote: »
    It supports rte2 hd, the mpeg4 decoding takes place in the vu+ rather than in the stick.

Thanks Kieran ..that makes sense

yep, nova-t and sundtek dvb tuners work fine with no issues.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_novatstick.html

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Hi Gambiaman, can you please send them to me also.

Vinnie

Hi Gambiaman,
    Yep! OSCAM working a treat and since I updated to Vix 2.1.2.1 (extra 1 latest) earlier, I haven't seen a single freeze!

I'm a happy camper and thanks again for your help :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wwatfa

ok,
    what is the last VIX ? and which one is highly recommended?
    does it come pre-loaded with the softcams?
    if no where do i get them from ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement