Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

kashmir wrote: »
    Hi Shelly,

Stick with the propoints for a few weeks and you should be delighted with it.

I am a gold member and started the new plan after Christmas, I had put up about 5lb and over the 6 weeks since am down about 7lb. That was staying the same some weeks, down 1lbs a few, one week I was down 3lb for no real reason, so, over 4-6 weeks you'll see that maintaining is quite easy.

I find the fruit brilliant and definitely eat all your daily & weekly points, I walk an hour a day and try not to eat into those points but some weeks I have and still stay the same. So I would advise you to stay on the plan for a few weeks to see the full value of it. It really does work.

Also, I think some people are being "too good", for some reason this new plan doesn't work like that.

Thanks so much ... i decided this morning to stick with it another week and see how it goes .... gonna eat less of the fruit and prehaps be more careful to eat my Weekly Propoints when im hungry and not because they are there to use ... i never used activity points on the old system ...think they are best left to weight loss ...

so fingers crossed for a loss next week

thanks again nice - i was pretty annoyed with the whole thing last night cos i never had a stay the same when i was on old system

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Don't get yourself down, you are doing really well! Most ppl would have used being in hospital as an excuse to comfort eat, I know I would have. I think you did really well - fair play :D

Someone has just come back from hols today at work and brought back loads of sweets :eek: Trying my best to ignore them. Am going to have a kiwi instead :)

KIWIS!! hmmmmmmmmm!! haven't had one in ages.. and they're so good for you!!
    Gonna go down on my lunch break and buy a few... there's my snack for the eve!! Thanks SL!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

well went to WI.... Not happy, I stayed the same! I am fuming ha

I feel deflated, went for a 30 min walk b4 my WI this morning, I had to push myself as I was in hosp last wed and yesterday so only walked today and saturday.... Head is melted lol

Hey finglasgal, not sure how true this is but we were told to avoid exercise before weigh in, that it can show a false gain on the scales, can't remember the reason why,but was definitely told that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey finglasgal, not sure how true this is but we were told to avoid exercise before weigh in, that it can show a false gain on the scales, can't remember the reason why,but was definitely told that.

Ah sure its done now lol Maybe my walking this morning and the next 6 mornings will show up next tue at WI haha

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I live with my boyfriend and my boyfriend's dad. My boyfriend's dad is 80 and really old school and blunt. He will just blurt out whatever pops into his head, it's just the generation he's from.

Some of the things he has said to me:

"Sure you've the build of a boxer, you're a fine size of a girl",
    "Sure isn't she a lovely looking girl, fine big, healthy girl", said to one of my boyfriend's friends in front of me who didn't know where to look or what to say lol,
    "Sure you're not as big as them lot yet", said while watching the biggest loser :rolleyes:

I'm only a size 14 so I am in no way near the size of the people on the biggest loser, it's just the way he is and no changing him now, he's 80!

When I'm going for a run I make sure to do it when he's away from the house so I don't have to listen to any comments about my puffy, red face or anything like that.

I know about feeling self-conscious though. I used to jog in a park near my old house in Dublin and the local yobs would regularly throw abuse and other things at me when I jogged past. They eventually gave up as I ignored them but it was very hard not to just burst into tears every time.

Pixiebean, I feel so sorry for you. I am a size 14 & I think I look fine (although I know I need to lose a bit), so I don't know what your boyfriend's father is thinking. Have you already lost a load of weight & he just remembers how you used to look? Sometimes if you see someone every day, you don't notice the difference. Don't think I could live with so many negative comments, so fair play to you & try not to let it get you down - he is talking rubbish.

• Advertisement

shelly_g wrote: »
    Thanks so much ... i decided this morning to stick with it another week and see how it goes .... gonna eat less of the fruit and prehaps be more careful to eat my Weekly Propoints when im hungry and not because they are there to use ... i never used activity points on the old system ...think they are best left to weight loss ...

so fingers crossed for a loss next week

thanks again nice - i was pretty annoyed with the whole thing last night cos i never had a stay the same when i was on old system

Good luck with it. Fingers crossed for a good result next week.

This thread really moves fast. Came on to post how I got at WW & spent ages catching up! Welcome to Steven. I would recommend that you try the meetings too.

Well, after my holiday last week in France, I was sure I had weight on as my scales at home showed I was up 3lbs when we came home & this had reduced to just 1 up by this morning (can't help checking). Went to my meeting & I was 3lbs down. Don't know exactly what happened there as I had not tracked or counted pps for 8 out of the last 14 days. Will be interesting to see how it goes next week! Anyway, going out to lunch to celebrate:D. Thinking maybe my scales need replacing (they are digital weightwatchers ones).

Had a look at the screen this morning to see what my goal weight is & I think it is 10stone 7lbs. Now that is what I was 16/17 years ago when I got my gold card (or gold pin as it was in those days), so I thought it would have increased with age. Don't really know if I will ever get that low again. I thought I had about a stone still to lose, but now it looks like a stone & a half:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

fofany wrote: »
    This thread really moves fast. Came on to post how I got at WW & spent ages catching up! Welcome to Steven. I would recommend that you try the meetings too.

Well, after my holiday last week in France, I was sure I had weight on as my scales at home showed I was up 3lbs when we came home & this had reduced to just 1 up by this morning (can't help checking). Went to my meeting & I was 3lbs down. Don't know exactly what happened there as I had not tracked or counted pps for 8 out of the last 14 days. Will be interesting to see how it goes next week! Anyway, going out to lunch to celebrate:D. Thinking maybe my scales need replacing (they are digital weightwatchers ones).

Had a look at the screen this morning to see what my goal weight is & I think it is 10stone 7lbs. Now that is what I was 16/17 years ago when I got my gold card (or gold pin as it was in those days), so I thought it would have increased with age. Don't really know if I will ever get that low again. I thought I had about a stone still to lose, but now it looks like a stone & a half:(.

well done on the 3lbs down, however you managed it, you obviously ate better than you thought overall
    re goal = i would have thought the same thing that it increases slightly with age.

Tried adding a ticker to my posts, so this is a test to see if it worked!

No, it didn't.

Anyone know if it is possible to add this :

weight.png

to the bottom of my posts

SORTED NOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I've been reading some of the posts and must say well done all and thanks for making this place so interesting!

I've been to my weigh in this morning and was down 2 1/2 lbs which I am so delighted with. I haven't lost this much in a week in years.

I didn't use any of my 49 weekly points, I had no alcohol over the weekend and I did a bit of exercise almost every day. I did use my activity points.

I bought the calculator and found it very motivating. I tracked on paper as well because I found that I was looking at the calculator and wondering if I had put in the last thing I ate or not - it would be too easy to decide 'not'!

Here's to the next 2 1/2 lbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I live with my boyfriend and my boyfriend's dad. My boyfriend's dad is 80 and really old school and blunt. He will just blurt out whatever pops into his head, it's just the generation he's from.

Some of the things he has said to me:

"Sure you've the build of a boxer, you're a fine size of a girl",
    "Sure isn't she a lovely looking girl, fine big, healthy girl", said to one of my boyfriend's friends in front of me who didn't know where to look or what to say lol,
    "Sure you're not as big as them lot yet", said while watching the biggest loser :rolleyes:

OMG pixiebean! I suppose its too late to teach the old dog new tricks but dont be shy about telling him there's a lovely shine on his baldy head or that the charity shop are looking for old clothes like his etc. If he can give it out he should have to take it back!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Your goal weight increases when you're 40ish, one of the perks....!! :) btw I am always a half stone lighter on my scales at home..funny the way it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

fofany, congrats! You sure did earn every single lb of that weight loss. I was following your holiday and jeez you took good food with you, you made smart food choices and you basically showed us all how it should be done!

Well done on the weight loss again missus!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Can anyone calculate my hubby's pp for me he's 6' aged 32 and weighs about 280lbs

Thanks he really wants to be good again seens as I'm doing so well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Guessing I would say about 56 daily points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Well I got weighed this morning, and after being so disheartened last week at only losing 1/2 pound over two weeks, I was delighted to be told I was down 2 1/2 pounds. Yeah!
    And the thing is I had it in my head that if I lost nothing I was giving up the pp and going back to the old way. I made sure to eat all my dailies, and ate 29 weeklies and I think that may have been my problem the weeks before, that I was not eating enough.
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

amira wrote: »
    KIWIS!! hmmmmmmmmm!! haven't had one in ages.. and they're so good for you!!
    Gonna go down on my lunch break and buy a few... there's my snack for the eve!! Thanks SL!! :D

Yeah gotta love the Kiwis! One of my favourite fruits! Just had two at lunchtime after a bowl of Spicy Lentil Soup and a slice of WW Bread! Have a yogurt in the fridge that I will eat in about an hour! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Yeah gotta love the Kiwis! One of my favourite fruits! Just had two at lunchtime after a bowl of Spicy Lentil Soup and a slice of WW Bread! Have a yogurt in the fridge that I will eat in about an hour! :D

oh! that reminds me aswell.. about yogurts.. bought vitalinea the other day and point them at 1pp.. you probably all know but just in case..
    Coz i thought that only WW yogurts were 1pp and the other low fat fruit ones were 3pp as per the book, but vitalinea, at least for strawberry and raspberry flavour, are 1pp too!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

I had a Yummy BLT for Lunch

2 Slices of Low fat Bacon (Rashers) 2pp
    2 Slices of toast Goodness of Both 5pp
    Lettuce 0pp
    Tomatoe 0pp
    Lighter than light Mayo 0pp (a scrape of it)

Total 7pp and it was very nice ....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I don't know if I am calculating it wrong but I have pointed a few different brands of sliced ham as 1pp per slice. I just had a huge slice (26g according to the packet) of Denny's for only 1pp. It can't be right??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Can anyone calculate my hubby's pp for me he's 6' aged 32 and weighs about 280lbs

Thanks he really wants to be good again seens as I'm doing so well

hey, according to the set up on the calculator its 58. you'll find it great if he decides to give it a go. its so much easier when there's 2 in a house following the plan.

Made a great discovery today. Absolutely love spice burgers, but havent had one in about 4 months. Never even thought to point them as I thought they would be really high. Had the time in the supermarket today so spent some time propointing and comparing lots of products, only to discover that spice burgers are only 4pp!!!
    so had a spice burger sandwiched in 2 slices of dunnes better for you granary bread (3pp) which is much nicer and filling than the ww bread. Heaven :D
    still couldn't find the hodgins low fat sausages, but propointed the dunnes own brand reduced fat sausages at 3pp for 2, look forward to trying them.

mcb81 wrote: »
    hey, according to the set up on the calculator its 58. you'll find it great if he decides to give it a go. its so much easier when there's 2 in a house following the plan.

Thanks did you work that out on your calculator coz someone else told me it was 59

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Thanks did you work that out on your calculator coz someone else told me it was 59
    yeah my own one, just double checked it said 58 again. so i don't know after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Pixiebean, I feel so sorry for you. I am a size 14 & I think I look fine (although I know I need to lose a bit), so I don't know what your boyfriend's father is thinking. Have you already lost a load of weight & he just remembers how you used to look? Sometimes if you see someone every day, you don't notice the difference. Don't think I could live with so many negative comments, so fair play to you & try not to let it get you down - he is talking rubbish.

No, haven't lost loads of weight. I'm really just trying to lose a good bit and then maintain it, I'm overweight but most people would look at me and think I look fine for my height. Ah he's just old and blunt and set in his ways. In the beginning I found it so hard to deal with but I just kind of got used to it. Luckily his son is nothing like that :D

Gammon and spiced Pineapple 8pp per portion

Serves 2

2x 150g gammon steaks
    220g can sliced pineapple in juice
    ¼ tsp ground mixed spice
    1 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
    1 tsp cornflour
    200g baby potatoes
    Low fat cooking spray

• Cook the gammon steaks for 8-10 mins under a preheated grill, turning half way through cooking.
    • Drain the juice from the pineapple into a jug and whisk in the mixed spice, vinegar and 3 tbsp of water. In a small bowl, blend the cornflour with 1 tbsp of water.
    • Heat a non stick frying pan on the hob. Pat the pineapple rings dry on kitchen paper, spray the pan with the cooking spray then fry the pineapple rings for 2 mins on each side until caramelised.
    • Pour the pineapple juice mixture into the frying pan and bubble for 30 seconds until slightly reduced. Add the blended cornflour and stir until thickened.
    • Serve the gammon with boiled potato topped with the caramelised pineapple and sauce.

Mango and Raspberry stir fry with custard 5pp per portion

Serves 2

15 g butter
    1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into strips
    225g raspberries
    200ml reduced fat coconut milk
    2 tsp cornflour
    1 tsp caster sugar
    Grated zest and juice of half a lime.

• Melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the mango and raspberries for 2 mins or until the juices begin to run. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to 2 shallow bowls.
    • Heat all but 1 tbsp of the coconut milk in the frying pan. Blend the remaining tbsp with the cornflour, sugar and lime zest and juice. Stir this into the coconut milk in the frying pan and bring to the boil, stirring until slightly thickened. (the sauce will take on a pinkish colour from the raspberries).
    • Serve warm, poured over the fruits.

Bananas, pineapples, kiwis or strawberries could be used in place of the raspberries.

mcb81 wrote: »
    yeah my own one, just double checked it said 58 again. so i don't know after that.

Brilliant your too good thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

amira wrote: »
    oh! that reminds me aswell.. about yogurts.. bought vitalinea the other day and point them at 1pp.. you probably all know but just in case..
    Coz i thought that only WW yogurts were 1pp and the other low fat fruit ones were 3pp as per the book, but vitalinea, at least for strawberry and raspberry flavour, are 1pp too!! :)

Yeah I had one of them last week, but find them a bit runny and not a lot of substance to them. I like a nice thick yogurt. The Irish Yogurts Diet ones are lovely, they are really thick and creamy and still only 2pp per pot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Bought it last week in Iceland!!

Cheers for that I shall be making another trip to Enniskillen to stock up!Raging I was just up there yesterday and never thought of Iceland...:mad:
    izzy24 wrote: »
    hey a little tip if u like potato waffels (im addicted have em with everything) dont buy the birds eye ones as they are 3pp per waffel and if u go for the niceprice or supervalu or aldi ones they are 2pp per waffel and alot cheaper to buy:)...
    That's class..potato waffles are another one of my addictions even before ww I loved them!:D
    lil kc wrote: »
    I don't know if I am calculating it wrong but I have pointed a few different brands of sliced ham as 1pp per slice. I just had a huge slice (26g according to the packet) of Denny's for only 1pp. It can't be right??

Is it the Denny Deli slices?bout 6 or so in the pack? If it is then 1pp is right I was eating those at the beginning of ww and that's how I pointed them anyway!

Ok girls I've been away from this thread for a wee while had a hectic week last week between Valentines, Two friends birthdays and an engagement :D:D:D I totally went over my points! I did feck all excercise except for a hour of sit-ups on Weds and an hour on the treadmill thurs but I still managed to lose 3lbs.....can't believe it! I was sure I would've put on ten stone! So now I'm 5lbs away from losing 2 stone:D I started ww the last week in January so I cannot praise propoints enough! People have started noticing the loss now and I'm so so delighted!eeeepp!:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement