Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Anyone got a recipe for home made burgers?

turkey and cranberry burgers 9pp each
    makes 4

450g turkey mince
    2 tbsp cranberry sauce
    50g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
    1 egg
    4 scallions, sliced thinly
    salt and pepper
    4 burger buns

1. place the mince in a large mixing bowl and add the cranberry sauce, breadcrumbs, egg, scallions and seasoning.
    2. combine mixture thoroughly. divide into 4 and shape using your hands.
    3. grill the burgers under a medium heat for 15 mins, turning half way through the cooking time.

beef burgers 8pp each
    makes 4

500g extra lean mince
    1 large onion finely chopped
    1 clove garlic finely chopped
    tbsp Worcester sauce
    1/2 tsp parsley + 1/2 tsp thyme (could replace with cumin and coriander fro a more Indian taste)
    70g breadcrumbs
    1 egg
    low fat cooking spray

1.soften the onions and garlic in a pan coated with low fat cooking spray
    2. In a large bowl add together the mince, breadcrumbs, onions, garlic, worchester sauce, parsley, thyme and egg. combine mixture and divide into 4.
    3.cook on a preheated grill for 15-20 mins turning half way trough cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I'd give you my mother's recipe only it involves mixing the mince with lots of bread and eggs. They are yummy. You could just mix the mince with 1 egg and then egg white. Then add an onion and some garlic

oh that does sound gorgeous! thats what i have found...alot of recipes call for bread crumbs. kinda wanna avoid bread crumbs

What i have is Turkey Mince, Egg(whites) , onions, seasoning, Worcestershire sauce.

Thinking trying home made burgers and wedges some time during the week while i have the time to experiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Monife wrote: »
    OMG me too, I hate running when people are around and only do it for about 30 seconds when there is no one around. Actually not able for jogging yet but sometimes try and incorporate a little into a walk (sometimes) when its dark and no one is around. The OH laughs when i say that but he doesnt understand that all we think when we run is, I bet those people are thinking "OMG look at the fat girl run" lol

I live with my boyfriend and my boyfriend's dad. My boyfriend's dad is 80 and really old school and blunt. He will just blurt out whatever pops into his head, it's just the generation he's from.

Some of the things he has said to me:

"Sure you've the build of a boxer, you're a fine size of a girl",
    "Sure isn't she a lovely looking girl, fine big, healthy girl", said to one of my boyfriend's friends in front of me who didn't know where to look or what to say lol,
    "Sure you're not as big as them lot yet", said while watching the biggest loser :rolleyes:

I'm only a size 14 so I am in no way near the size of the people on the biggest loser, it's just the way he is and no changing him now, he's 80!

When I'm going for a run I make sure to do it when he's away from the house so I don't have to listen to any comments about my puffy, red face or anything like that.

I know about feeling self-conscious though. I used to jog in a park near my old house in Dublin and the local yobs would regularly throw abuse and other things at me when I jogged past. They eventually gave up as I ignored them but it was very hard not to just burst into tears every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

oh that does sound gorgeous! thats what i have found...alot of recipes call for bread crumbs. kinda wanna avoid bread crumbs

What i have is Turkey Mince, Egg(whites) , onions, seasoning, Worcestershire sauce.

Thinking trying home made burgers and wedges some time during the week while i have the time to experiment.

They are gorgeous but lethal :D I made chicken burgers before without the bread and it was obvious that it was missing.

I've been craving wedges for a while now but I always associate them as bad. What way do you make them?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

There definitely must have been something in the air this week because I ate rings around myself! Went out for lunch on Friday and had a yummy panini and chunky chips, then got home that night and the OH had ordered Pizza Hut...! Mmmm...
    Saturday I went on a day out with the girls from work - had a fry at one of their houses, with a glass of Buck's Fizz, then went off to a spa for the day and had lunch there (toasted sandwich) and back to the same house again for the evening - choccies, homemade strawberry daqueri's and mojitos, nibbles, takeaway....I obliterated my points!
    AND to top it all off I had a bad Monday at work so going to have a Chinese for dinner.
    Will just draw a line under this week, my WI is Wednesday evening so will start afresh from there.

• Advertisement

They are gorgeous but lethal :D I made chicken burgers before without the bread and it was obvious that it was missing.

I've been craving wedges for a while now but I always associate them as bad. What way do you make them?

havent made them yet...but been looking thru the ww website and tweaking recipes (to make them for one)

Roasted Herb Potato Wedges

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 12 min
    Cooking Time: 30 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

If you really want to add flavour to this savoury side dish, substitute one tablespoon of whole-grain mustard for one tablespoon of the Dijon

Ingredients

2 tablespoons (level) Mustard, Dijon
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled, and 1 tsp olive oil
    1 sprig(s) Rosemary, Fresh, chopped
    1 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
    1/2 teaspoons Salt
    450 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, peeled, cleaned and cut in half
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    3 teaspoons (chopped) Oregano, fresh, chopped (1 tbsp)

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/ 220°C/425°F.

Combine all ingredients, except potatoes, in a small bowl.

Place potatoes in a sealable plastic bag. Add mustard mixture. Close bag and shake to coat.

Pour contents of bag into a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray.

Bake, turning occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes.

(for me I've changed it to 300g potatoes for one serving cos i have the extra points ....and i'm a total foodie, so for me i'm having 8pp of wedges)

Thank you so much I've been dying for some the last few weeks. I might try them for dinner tomorrow! The recipes on the UK site are much better than the Irish one.

mcb81 wrote: »
    turkey and cranberry burgers 9pp
    makes 4

450g turkey mince
    2 tbsp cranberry sauce
    50g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
    1 egg
    4 scallions, sliced thinly
    salt and pepper
    4 burger buns

1. place the mince in a large mixing bowl and add the cranberry sauce, breadcrumbs, egg, scallions and seasoning.
    2. combine mixture thoroughly. divide into 4 and shape using your hands.
    3. grill the burgers under a medium heat for 15 mins, turning half way through the cooking time.

beef burgers 8pp
    makes 4

500g extra lean mince
    1 large onion finely chopped
    1 clove garlic finely chopped
    tbsp Worcester sauce
    1/2 tsp parsley + 1/2 tsp thyme (could replace with cumin and coriander fro a more Indian taste)
    70g breadcrumbs
    1 egg
    low fat cooking spray

1.soften the onions and garlic in a pan coated with low fat cooking spray
    2. In a large bowl add together the mince, breadcrumbs, onions, garlic, worchester sauce, parsley, thyme and egg. combine mixture and divide into 4.
    3.cook on a preheated grill for 15-20 mins turning half way trough cooking.

Oh that beef burger sounds NOM NOM NOM....practically drooling here

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

beef burgers 8pp
    makes 4
    Can I just ask is that 8pp per burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

nuttykat wrote: »
    beef burgers 8pp
    makes 4
    Can I just ask is that 8pp per burger?

yeah sorry should have said 8pp each

• Advertisement

nuttykat wrote: »

yeah sorry should have said 8pp each

Thanks a million..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

So had 7 points left from my dailies and had a pack of snack-a-jacks (3PP) and a WW choc bar (2PP) and I feel really guilty...

Does anyone think that, that is bad? Like if you have the points is it ok because you are still in a calorie deficit when within your points? Or having bad food goes straight to fat? Im confused lol

Just had a gorgeous dinner...
    Chicken and Broccoli Bake...
    Serves 2.
    320g Chicken breast 8pp
    Broccolli 0pp
    Onion 0pp
    Garlic 0pp
    Erin cream of chicken soup 6pp
    Water
    curry powder 1tbsp 1pp
    salt
    pepper
    Spray oil
    Bread crumbs 50g 6pp
    boiled potatoes 300g 6pp

Preheat oven to 220c
    Fry onion and garlic in pan *2-3 mins
    Add in chicken and fry * 10 mins
    Add Broccoli to boiling water for 2-3 mins
    Add curry powder, water,salt and pepper to soup to make sauce.
    Add chicken and broccoli to dish and cover with suace.
    Add bread crumbs and bake for 30 mins.
    Boil potatoes.

Yum Yum... delish if you have 14 pps to spare or make it less by removing breadcrumbs...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

Hello All

Hope yee dont mind me joining in to your thread .. I have followed you all for ages but not been posting ..

Just wondering are there any Gold members struggling with new Pro Points ..i got to goal May last year after losing 5 Stone 11 lbs and managed to maintain all the way to Xmas ... i am now 6 lb up and started new system 2 weeks ago ...

Last week i was Super good - followed plan exactly and walked a good 50 mins to an hour 6 of the 7 days ...

so went to my Meeting tonight expecting to at least have a half lb or 1 lb off but nothing ... i stayed the same ..(i know its better than on but want to get back under the 5 lbs)

so now im thinking I should not have ate the fruit (even though its Zero) and I should not have used the Weekly Pro Points (I used 35 of them)

So decision now is to start fresh tomorrow on the Pro Points or get out the old Books and return to what worked in the first place

Sorry for long rant .....has any one been here, have you any advice Please

:) I feel like eating all round me and need to move out of kitchen :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Hi girls, hope ye had a good day. I had my WI tonight and I was down 1.5 pounds! I am delighted as I had a terrible weekend of eating crap. Its mad cause last week I only lost half and pound and I had done really well all week. Then the week I do bad I lose more :rolleyes:

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Hi girls, hope ye had a good day. I had my WI tonight and I was down 1.5 pounds! I am delighted as I had a terrible weekend of eating crap. Its mad cause last week I only lost half and pound and I had done really well all week. Then the week I do bad I lose more :rolleyes:

Well done on your lost. I would say that your loss this week is the good week catching up on you so be careful this week to ensure that the bad week doesn't catch up. It can a week for your effort to show on the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Hi , The name is Steven I have started the WW diet last week initally started off 210lbs and in a week with the propoints system I am now down to 205lbs :D , I started back to the gym last friday. So far I have set out a daily amount of 26 pp per day as I stand most of the day. Im not missing my beloved take aways yet :S thankfully.

So far i have been eating mostly ww food from tesco some of which I found quite nice, I havent attended any classes as I'm kinda embarassed to go, has anybody any tips for nice low pp meals.

Tonight for dinner i made
    Brown Bread toasted 2pp
    Poached egg 2pp
    sprinkle of pepper 1pp (possibly)
    Heinz Ketchup two table spoons 4pp??

Go easy on me now guys I'm just starting off ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

WI tonight, down 3.5lbs (3lbs of that is from my boots that I foolishly wore last week) so really I'm down .5lbs which I'm happy out with considering its was TOTM! Have the next 3 days tracked in advance so I'm determined to have a major success this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Well done on your lost. I would say that your loss this week is the good week catching up on you so be careful this week to ensure that the bad week doesn't catch up. It can a week for your effort to show on the scales.

Thanks I will keep that in mind so. I'l be very good this week to compensate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

RVN10 wrote: »
    Hi , The name is Steven I have started the WW diet last week initally started off 210lbs and in a week with the propoints system I am now down to 205lbs :D , I started back to the gym last friday. So far I have set out a daily amount of 26 pp per day as I stand most of the day. Im not missing my beloved take aways yet :S thankfully.

So far i have been eating mostly ww food from tesco some of which I found quite nice, I havent attended any classes as I'm kinda embarassed to go, has anybody any tips for nice low pp meals.

Brown Bread toasted 2pp
    Poached egg 2pp

Welcome and well done on starting WW. I'm certainly no expert but I'd say you could be getting more value for your points if you know what I mean. You could certainly be getting a lot more nutrients into you for nearly 9 points.

• Advertisement

I got the propoint book just today in the post , I had a good look through it tonight surprised at the points in certain things , like I said I had been eating WW packaged meals all last week so decided to branch out tonight with the poached egg on toast , I'm all new to this and havent a clue where to begin :S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Monife wrote: »
    So had 7 points left from my dailies and had a pack of snack-a-jacks (3PP) and a WW choc bar (2PP) and I feel really guilty...

Does anyone think that, that is bad? Like if you have the points is it ok because you are still in a calorie deficit when within your points? Or having bad food goes straight to fat? Im confused lol

Hi Monife, that is just fine. If you are within your points, you can eat what you like. Perhaps you should try to look at it another way - if you weren't following the plan, you might have had a pack of full fat crisps and a regular chocolate bar without even thinking about it. Instead, you chose a healthier snack, ate within your points allowance and had a 'treat' so you're not feeling deprived and are therefore less likely to go off and binge!

What I love about the new plan is that it encourages healthy eating far more than the old one did (in my opinion) while at the same time, being incredibly flexible and allowing you to eat in a way that doesn't make you feel like you're 'ON A DIET' all the time.

Relax and enjoy it. As my leader is constantly saying, you live the plan and let's be honest, living involves the occasional snack!

Brown Bread toasted 2pp
    Poached egg 2pp

Hi steven...there are all men classes you can go to, if you havent done ww before i would advise going to a couple of classes....minimum daily points is 29pt for a woman. so sounds like you under eating BIG time.

If you dont want to face meetings, sign up at weightwatchers.co.uk (use an english address) tonnes of recipes on there, and they will also give you your correct pro points allowance

its only about 12 euro a month to use the english site. I'm in college full time so cant make any of the meetings

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Brown Bread toasted 2pp
    Poached egg 2pp

Welcome to the thread Steven! Well done on your loss! Keep up the good work! This thread will motivate you and most of the ppl, mainly women, are so inspriational!

I am dreading my WI in morning... I am thinking of not going. I feel atthis moment I should knock it on the head, arghhhh

Well done to everyone who lost this week, fair play! Your closer to your goals.

Brown Bread toasted 2pp
    Poached egg 2pp

Hey Steven, glad you decided to post. First off let me say this - at 26pp you are eating FAR TOO LITTLE. Yep, it might sound mad, but undereating will actually hinder your weight loss. You don't mention your age or height, so it's hard to tell you what propoints you should be having, but honestly, I'd reckon it is close to double what you're on now.

Regarding what you said about being embarrassed to go to class - don't be. There is a guy in my class who has lost 10 stone so far and often the men seem to be incredibly successful. That said, there are also a lot of men only classes around if you don't fancy being surrounded by a bunch of wimminz :D

About recipes, I'm actually cooking a lot and have just started to put them into a file on the computer. When I'm a bit further along, I'll probably post a load of them on here. If you are brand new to healthy eating, it's worth being adventurous and trying new foods. I eat a wide range of veggies, fish, chicken and some meat too. Maybe if you gave us an idea of food you enjoy, we could be more help?

Finally (yeah I rambled a bit) well done on joining up and taking control and the very best of luck with your weight loss. :)

I best give you a run down like I said i was 210lb. Age 22 and Height is roughly about 5 ft 11. I just checked out the ww classes in limerick online turns out there are no all males classes :( unfortunately , my gf is telling me I should go along to a class just to see , but I reckon I might feel a bit out of place awkwardness more than anything.

I best give you a run down like I said i was 210lb. Age 22 and Height is roughly about 5 ft 11. I just checked out the ww classes in limerick online turns out there are no all males classes :( unfortunately , my gf is telling me I should go along to a class just to see , but I reckon I might feel a bit out of place awkwardness more than anything.

Dude....your ment to be on 47pp PER DAY! and YOU MUST EAT THEM ALL

you also get a weekly treat balance of 49 to blow on what ever you like...they are optional!

stay away from those ready meals....they are CRAP!

Ok...well according to my calculator with your age, weight and height, you should be eating 47propoints per day. I wasn't too far off with the doubling. It's worth going along to a class, honestly. There is about 10 guys in my meeting although some weeks, only one or two are there. Really, it doesn't matter though, everyone is there for the same reason. Try it out - if you hate it and feel horribly awkward you don't ever have to go back after all!

Dude....your ment to be on 47pp PER DAY! and YOU MUST EAT THEM ALL

you also get a weekly treat balance of 49 to blow on what ever you like...they are optional!

stay away from those ready meals....they are CRAP!

WOW jesus Lady Lainy i'm seriously shocked I cant believe im allowed 47 pp ,

I have to say Im seriously shocked!!!:eek::eek::eek:

As for the ready made meals I actually found them to be kinda ok , when pay day comes friday I'll sign up to the uk site for a start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Two guys attend the class I go to in Charleville and no one takes any notice what so ever!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement