Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

nuttykat wrote: »
    Just had a gorgeous dinner...
    Chicken and Broccoli Bake...
    Serves 2.
    320g Chicken breast 8pp
    Broccolli 0pp
    Onion 0pp
    Garlic 0pp
    Erin cream of chicken soup 6pp
    Water
    curry powder 1tbsp 1pp
    salt
    pepper
    Spray oil
    Bread crumbs 50g 6pp
    boiled potatoes 300g 6pp

Preheat oven to 220c
    Fry onion and garlic in pan *2-3 mins
    Add in chicken and fry * 10 mins
    Add Broccoli to boiling water for 2-3 mins
    Add curry powder, water,salt and pepper to soup to make sauce.
    Add chicken and broccoli to dish and cover with suace.
    Add bread crumbs and bake for 30 mins.
    Boil potatoes.

Yum Yum... delish if you have 14 pps to spare or make it less by removing breadcrumbs...

I make chicken and broccoli bake a good bit and a few tips to lower the points would be, use the Erin low fat soup instead, and instead of breadcrumbs, I just throw a slice or two of slightly stale WW bread in a food processor and make my own bread crumbs. Makes it just as nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

RVN10 wrote: »
    I best give you a run down like I said i was 210lb. Age 22 and Height is roughly about 5 ft 11. I just checked out the ww classes in limerick online turns out there are no all males classes :( unfortunately , my gf is telling me I should go along to a class just to see , but I reckon I might feel a bit out of place awkwardness more than anything.

Hope you dont feel like your being attacked! Your a newbie...we dont want to see ya make the rookie mistakes like under eat :)

I say go to one or two meetings....to get the booklets and information..and buy the electronic calculator at a meeting its about 11 euro :)

WELCOME ON BOARD STEVEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

I best give you a run down like I said i was 210lb. Age 22 and Height is roughly about 5 ft 11. I just checked out the ww classes in limerick online turns out there are no all males classes :( unfortunately , my gf is telling me I should go along to a class just to see , but I reckon I might feel a bit out of place awkwardness more than anything.

welcome to the thread steven... i only started three weeks ago so im new to the programe also... such a pity there is no all new classes near you... in my class there are a few men and they are totaly welcome by everyone:D... u dont have to say a word in the meetings if u dont feel like it... maybe go along to a meeting and see how u feel everyone is there for the same reason no one is judging anyone its just u get so many tips and advice and support from the meetings... just go sit down and listen there is no pressure to speak or anything...

hope this helps and keep us updated on ur progress...

I have my weight in tomarrow so hoping im down 4 pounds really want to get my first stone... have been very good all week stuck to all my points so fingers crossed:D....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

I honestly cant believe i've been under eating nearly the last two weeks and felt guilty that I was eating loads ha , I think I will go along to a class next week once pay days comes and see how it goes , least I will have guidance there aswell ... And thanks for all your help guys

WOW jesus Lady Lainy i'm seriously shocked I cant believe im allowed 47 pp ,

I have to say Im seriously shocked!!!:eek::eek::eek:

As for the ready made meals I actually found them to be kinda ok , when pay day comes friday I'll sign up to the uk site for a start

the ready meals are tasty...but feck all for nutrition value really..get cooking...you can make WAY bigger tastier meals for the similar value...tho you have a massive balance...so possibilities are endless...

ww uk site definitely worth it! you cant buy from the site cos they only post to uk. you can pay for access to the exclusive content with irish credit card but will have to give an english postal address...theres a good few of us on here doing it in the uk

oh and a must....is an electronic kitchen scales for weighing out portions....and if your doing it from home....an electronic bathroom scales :)
    SALTER scales are the best....i think they on offer in argos at the moment

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    the ready meals are tasty...but feck all for nutrition value really..get cooking...you can make WAY bigger tastier meals for the similar value...tho you have a massive balance...so possibilities are endless...

ww uk site definitely worth it! you cant buy from the site cos they only post to uk. you can pay for access to the exclusive content with irish credit card but will have to give an english postal address...theres a good few of us on here doing it in the uk

oh and a must....is an electronic kitchen scales for weighing out portions....and if your doing it from home....an electronic bathroom scales :)
    SALTER scales are the best....i think they on offer in argos at the moment

Haha looks like I have a lot of spending to do come saturday , you wouldnt mind but my brother lost ten stone in nearly 8 months from healthy eating and excercise , 2 stone should be easy :S

Haha looks like I have a lot of spending to do come saturday , you wouldnt mind but my brother lost ten stone in nearly 8 months from healthy eating and excercise , 2 stone should be easy :S

:eek:oh my god that is some achievement... fair play to him...

well that fantastic...that you have a guy within your family to lean on :) Plus you have your gf.. :) you'll be grand!

I think you'll like this recipe!

Full English Breakfast

ProPoints® Value: 6pp per serving
    Servings: 2
    Preparation Time: 5 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Yes, you can enjoy a full English - if you make a few adjustments to the cooking method!

Ingredients
    2 sausage(s) (medium) Sausages, Reduced Fat, (hodgins low fat sausages)
    150 g Mushrooms
    100 ml Stock, Fresh
    2 rasher(s) (medium) Bacon, Back, Raw
    2 large Tomato, halved
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    2 medium Egg, Whole
    1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
    Preheat the grill. Arrange the sausages on the grill pan and cook them for about 10 minutes, turning often.

At the same time, put the mushrooms into a saucepan and add the stock. Simmer gently whilst cooking the rest of the meal.

Arrange the bacon rashers and tomatoes on the grill rack with the sausages. Continue to cook until the bacon is crispy.

Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Heat for a few seconds, then crack in the eggs. Cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes, then finish them off under the grill whilst you arrange the sausages, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms onto warm serving plates. Slide the eggs onto the plates, season, then serve.

Notes
    Enjoy your breakfast with a medium slice of toast, if you like. (dont forget to point the toast and add it on)

well that fantastic...that you have a guy within your family to lean on :) Plus you have your gf.. :) you'll be grand!

I think you'll like this recipe!

Full English Breakfast

ProPoints® Value: 6pp per serving
    Servings: 2
    Preparation Time: 5 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Yes, you can enjoy a full English - if you make a few adjustments to the cooking method!

Ingredients
    2 sausage(s) (medium) Sausages, Reduced Fat, (hodgins low fat sausages)
    150 g Mushrooms
    100 ml Stock, Fresh
    2 rasher(s) (medium) Bacon, Back, Raw
    2 large Tomato, halved
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    2 medium Egg, Whole
    1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
    Preheat the grill. Arrange the sausages on the grill pan and cook them for about 10 minutes, turning often.

At the same time, put the mushrooms into a saucepan and add the stock. Simmer gently whilst cooking the rest of the meal.

Arrange the bacon rashers and tomatoes on the grill rack with the sausages. Continue to cook until the bacon is crispy.

Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Heat for a few seconds, then crack in the eggs. Cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes, then finish them off under the grill whilst you arrange the sausages, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms onto warm serving plates. Slide the eggs onto the plates, season, then serve.

Notes
    Enjoy your breakfast with a medium slice of toast, if you like. (dont forget to point the toast and add it on)

Well that breakfast does sound quiet tasty indeed apart from mushrooms haha, when you say grill does a george foreman suffice?

hey a little tip if u like potato waffels (im addicted have em with everything) dont buy the birds eye ones as they are 3pp per waffel and if u go for the niceprice or supervalu or aldi ones they are 2pp per waffel and alot cheaper to buy:)...

• Advertisement

Well that breakfast does sound quiet tasty indeed apart from mushrooms haha, when you say grill does a george foreman suffice?

i always use my george forman its brilliant and easyier than grilling i find :D...

think it just means grill pan in the cooker...but hey yeah....break out ole george! throw the sausages in there! lean mean fighting machine.

olive oil is about 1pp per teaspoon (5ml)

Haha ye have been great on here tonight and extremely helpful , i'm so glad I came on otherwise I would been fcuked by the sounds of it ha

Haha ye have been great on here tonight and extremely helpful , i'm so glad I came on otherwise I would been fcuked by the sounds of it ha

and drink 1.5 - 2 litres of water a day! mmm to put it kindly....yeah you would have been if you kept under eating....weight loss would have stopped...

So do try to eat them ALL every day....especially if your working full time and going to the gym. the 49 weekly bonus points are optional....most of us blow them on booze and hang over foods :D

Dr Oduker (i cant spell) is like 20pp for the WHOLE PIZZA!

One more question before hit the hay for the night , with all those points i now have how does the losing weight actually work ? Im so naive with all this :(

One more question before hit the hay for the night , with all those points i now have how does the losing weight actually work ? Im so naive with all this :(

that my dear is the question we ALL have....its a new programme only launced in Ireland 6 weeks ago. The points is based on the nutritional value of the food..it takes into account fibre, carbs, fat, protein....its a fabulous secret but it works

but dowtry and get the electronic pro points calculator at one of the meetings...its 100% vital!

oooh and make sure you weight your self around the same time same day every week...first thing in the morning are best

I'm on 44pp daily + 49 weekly and i'm down 16lbs since 1st of January...so it does work :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Im feeling really good about this week. I think its because I am prepared like I was in Week 1, planning everything before I eat it, have made the soup to kill the hunger, have dusted off the old step machine (hoovered it more like!) and I am determined to be creative in the kitchen this week!

I also think that I need to do some other little things to make myself feel good because WW has slightly been my sole interest for the last 7 weeks. I am not working at the moment unfortunately so when you haven't much going on during the day it can become a bit of an obsession! How sad!

So this week so far I have de-cluttered the bedroom and thrown all those clothes away that I bought in a size too big to hide the bumps! Given myself a manicure, hair treatment, facial, and tomorrow is the pedicure. I am also making my way through some DVD's that I got as pressies for Christmas and updating my iPod with lots of new stuff.

Sorry for boring anyone who has bothered to read this ha ha, just feels good to let it all out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

HI

I have been reading the posts and someone mention ww mash potato.

I dont live beside a iceland store, is it in tesco or dunnas adn is it in the freezer section or is it a packet that you add water to:confused:

thanks

M

lil kc wrote: »
    Im feeling really good about this week. I think its because I am prepared like I was in Week 1, planning everything before I eat it, have made the soup to kill the hunger, have dusted off the old step machine (hoovered it more like!) and I am determined to be creative in the kitchen this week!

I also think that I need to do some other little things to make myself feel good because WW has slightly been my sole interest for the last 7 weeks. I am not working at the moment unfortunately so when you haven't much going on during the day it can become a bit of an obsession! How sad!

So this week so far I have de-cluttered the bedroom and thrown all those clothes away that I bought in a size too big to hide the bumps! Given myself a manicure, hair treatment, facial, and tomorrow is the pedicure. I am also making my way through some DVD's that I got as pressies for Christmas and updating my iPod with lots of new stuff.

Sorry for boring anyone who has bothered to read this ha ha, just feels good to let it all out! ;)

Oh i hear you there....last summer i totally had a melt down...ww was my obsession...i was out of work and i live in the country...i practically didnt leave the house except for grocery shopping or ww meetings. i went nuts and the stress and cabin fever got to me and my weight loss stopped for ages cos i was so stress!

hmmm well how about....a money jar...a couple of euro for every lb you lose...towards getting your hair or nails done!

Go to boots with a friend and get some home facial goodies...and like once a week or something when you have the house over have one the girls over for a "coffee morning"

do yo have time to do any volunteer work? All the animal rescue centres up and down the country and crying out for volunteers to walk dogs (and puppies)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Oh i hear you there....last summer i totally had a melt down...ww was my obsession...i was out of work and i live in the country...i practically didnt leave the house except for grocery shopping or ww meetings. i went nuts and the stress and cabin fever got to me and my weight loss stopped for ages cos i was so stress!

hmmm well how about....a money jar...a couple of euro for every lb you lose...towards getting your hair or nails done!

Go to boots with a friend and get some home facial goodies...and like once a week or something when you have the house over have one the girls over for a "coffee morning"

do yo have time to do any volunteer work? All the animal rescue centres up and down the country and crying out for volunteers to walk dogs (and puppies)

Aw really?? I have nothing but time, I will defo look into that. The money jar is a really great idea. Except it might have to be 50c a lb ha ha. My friends have been really understanding and I have at least one night a week catch up with them. Cabin fever is unreal but hopefully it will end soon enough! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Sin a bhfuil

Hi All

I've been going to WW since last Sept. and am now just 1lb (YES 1 lb :D ) off my weight watchers target weight which hopefully I will have met by my next meeting. I've lost about 2.75 stone.

I stuck with the old programme as I was so close to my target weight (at that stage about 4 lbs, but with xmas, taking a break etc. I'm only started back on it 2 weeks ago).

Overall, I found WW fairly easy to do. Big thing for me was drinking loads of water and taking exercise.

Anyone got experience about maintaining your weight? I'm a bit worried because there are a fair few people in my WW who have been coming for years and are still overweight!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

WI tomorrow and I've got severe munchies. Already 2pps over my daily and really don't need anything else after a week away. Went to bed at 10.30 because I was creeping round the kitchen for a mars bar. I've been down twice since for baby Bels. And I would MURDER a crisp sandwich. Grrrr hate when I get like this.
    Welcome to the board all newly joined people! Everyone here are really nice and helpful and supportive! Just what we all need basically.
    Think I'll try to sleep and dream about cheese and onion hunky doreys!!!
    Night! X

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Haven't been on here much since I re-joined but ive had an easy enough time of it so far - I got my silver 7 last night after 3 weeks. So unbelievably delighted with myself, I've been struggling with my weight for years but never really got anywhere - joined WW but never had more than 3lb off after 3 weeks so I'd stop and rejoin a few weeks later etc etc but this time I'm absolutely determined to do it and do it properly!

Love the pro points, took a bit of getting used to at first but now I love them, really like how I don't know the values for everything anymore and I have to look them up - really makes me think about what I'm eating.

Hoping to get walking this week and really get the show on the road - I've over 5 stone to lose to get to goal (which I'm not convinced I'll ever get to but that's another story) so it's gonna be a long road, but it'll be so worth it.

Seriously well done to everyone here, everyone has done so so well! It's success stories like that that make people think well, I can do that too!

I'm pretty sure I'll be around here a bit more now - I'd say this week and onwards I'll be finding it tougher than I have been thus far :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Eabhabear wrote: »
    They weren't overwhelming. I grilled them and was surprised at how they tasted similar to pork sausages.

Well maybe I'll get some at the weekend and give them a go :)

Monife wrote: »
    So had 7 points left from my dailies and had a pack of snack-a-jacks (3PP) and a WW choc bar (2PP) and I feel really guilty...

Does anyone think that, that is bad? Like if you have the points is it ok because you are still in a calorie deficit when within your points? Or having bad food goes straight to fat? Im confused lol

I think that's ok, I always try to leave about five points a day so I can have a treat like you did, otherwise, I'd feel I was deprived and then want to eat all around me

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Welcome Steven.
    If you don't use your daily points your body will store up the food to keep going. You need a certain amount of food to get through the day. - That's the science of it anyway!! :D

The digital calculator is brilliant so get one if you can.
    Bulk everything out with vegetables. Curries, soups, stews, stir frys - put loads of veg in them and you'll be full and happy.
    You can eat anything you want as long as you stick to your points. The WW meals are grand but very small in portion size and you could use your points more efficiently by cooking up something for yourself.
    Best of luck.

I'm off to my WI tonight - hoping to be more than 2lbs down to hit the 2 stone mark.
    In any case, I'm off to Barcelona in the morning to pile it all on again!! Ha ha !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

morning everyone and welcome Steven!
    seems like the weekend hit most of us hard!!! incl me, I wont go in to it but mcdonnels was involved! (shame!)
    Steven - well done for making the start, I'm in county limerick and we have a few men in the class, we only make a fuss of them when they reach their goal!! which seems to be much quicker than most women:mad:
    only had a chance to scan over the posts, sorry I'll do a proper catch up later...just one note on the homemade burgers....

I usually fry the onions and let them cool before adding them to the mince mix...and instead of bread I crush up WW crackers, havent seem then on the new PP yet, they are like cardboard but do add some bulk to the burgers...I use turkey mince, spoon of mustard, fresh chilli, parsley, crackers, and 1 egg, they are delish! I'll work out the measurements later if anyone needs them!

WI tmr for me, I've been spinning twice a week and running (trying) also, for the people that feel self concious running.....DONT.. feck em all, you are doing something to improve your life for the better, hold your head up high and fly past them!
    Good luck with all the WI's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

shelly_g wrote: »
    Hello All

Hope yee dont mind me joining in to your thread .. I have followed you all for ages but not been posting ..

Just wondering are there any Gold members struggling with new Pro Points ..i got to goal May last year after losing 5 Stone 11 lbs and managed to maintain all the way to Xmas ... i am now 6 lb up and started new system 2 weeks ago ...

Last week i was Super good - followed plan exactly and walked a good 50 mins to an hour 6 of the 7 days ...

so went to my Meeting tonight expecting to at least have a half lb or 1 lb off but nothing ... i stayed the same ..(i know its better than on but want to get back under the 5 lbs)

so now im thinking I should not have ate the fruit (even though its Zero) and I should not have used the Weekly Pro Points (I used 35 of them)

So decision now is to start fresh tomorrow on the Pro Points or get out the old Books and return to what worked in the first place

Sorry for long rant .....has any one been here, have you any advice Please

:) I feel like eating all round me and need to move out of kitchen :eek:

Hi Shelly,

Stick with the propoints for a few weeks and you should be delighted with it.

I am a gold member and started the new plan after Christmas, I had put up about 5lb and over the 6 weeks since am down about 7lb. That was staying the same some weeks, down 1lbs a few, one week I was down 3lb for no real reason, so, over 4-6 weeks you'll see that maintaining is quite easy.

I find the fruit brilliant and definitely eat all your daily & weekly points, I walk an hour a day and try not to eat into those points but some weeks I have and still stay the same. So I would advise you to stay on the plan for a few weeks to see the full value of it. It really does work.

Also, I think some people are being "too good", for some reason this new plan doesn't work like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

well went to WI.... Not happy, I stayed the same! I am fuming ha

I feel deflated, went for a 30 min walk b4 my WI this morning, I had to push myself as I was in hosp last wed and yesterday so only walked today and saturday.... Head is melted lol

• Advertisement

well went to WI.... Not happy, I stayed the same! I am fuming ha

I feel deflated, went for a 30 min walk b4 my WI this morning, I had to push myself as I was in hosp last wed and yesterday so only walked today and saturday.... Head is melted lol

Don't get yourself down, you are doing really well! Most ppl would have used being in hospital as an excuse to comfort eat, I know I would have. I think you did really well - fair play :D

Someone has just come back from hols today at work and brought back loads of sweets :eek: Trying my best to ignore them. Am going to have a kiwi instead :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement