Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

boxoff wrote: »
    hey ladys,

fell off the wagon bigtime this weekend - had about 8 vodkas last night and then drunkingly wandered in eddies and got a portion of nachos? any one know how many poinnts they would be? they were tortilla chips, salsa, cheese sauce, and sour cream, few jalapenos in there too.......... was just what I needed at the time!

any ideas? am hungover now and want a treat but my head is saying NO and my belly is saying YES!

hey regards eddie rockets if u go to there website they have nutritional information for majority of things on there menu:) how this help and u get back on track... its so hard sometimes but its so much more inportant to get urself back on track...:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Hi Guys, quick question anyone have any idea where I could buy the ww mash? can't find it anywhere and I'm addicted to the stuff!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

markievicz wrote: »
    Hi Guys, quick question anyone have any idea where I could buy the ww mash? can't find it anywhere and I'm addicted to the stuff!:D

Bought it last week in Iceland!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Weight Watchers Dietitian Zoe Hellman helps you separate the fruit facts from the fiction to help with your weight loss efforts. On the ProPoints plan fresh and frozen fuits won't cost you any ProPoints values at all because fruit is already accounted for in your daily allowance. Weight Watchers Dietitian Zoe Hellman says: "We used the information from our clinical trials to scientifically work out how much fruit you're likely to eat. By taking dietary information from members we were able to make calculations and account for all foods that have a ProPoints value of zero within your budget."

If fruit has zero ProPoints values, then does that include dried fruit and pure fruit juice?

No. Both dried fruit and fruit juice do have ProPoints values. Log in and use the ProPointsTracker - or use the Pocket GUIDE you received in your meeting - to work out how many. Dried fruit has ProPoints values because it is high in energy density, which means it is high in calories in relation to its volume.

Fruit juice has to be counted because it doesn't include the whole fruit, Does all tinned fruit have a ProPoints value of zero?
    No. The juice is never zero, but the fruit is if tinned in natural juice. To enjoy zero ProPoints value tinned fruit, choose those in unsweetened or natural juice and drain it. If it's in light syrup or syrup, it has added sugars and then its ProPoints values must be counted as part of your budget.

Do smoothies have a ProPoints value of zero?
    It depends. If you make them using the whole fruit, they are zero rated. If you have shop-bought smoothies, you'll need to use the nutrition label to work out the ProPoints values and account for these within your budget because they may also contain fruit juices.

Surely bananas can't be included as a zero ProPoints value food?
    I thought that they contained lots of calories. Yes, bananas are zero ProPoints values. As with all zero ProPoints value foods, the rule to guide you is to eat until you feel satisfied. This leaves you free to snack on or add fruit to meals, s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g your budget further and helping you stay satisfied without using a single ProPoints value. Including zero ProPoints value fruit throughout the day, such as bananas, will enable you to make healthier choices for your weight loss.

Because fruit is zero ProPoints value, can I eat it all day long and still lose weight?
    Your satisfaction levels play a big part in how much fruit you should eat. You could eat fruit "all day long", but to ensure that you lose weight as a regular and healthy rate, its still important to eat zero ProPoints values foods in moderation. By stopping eating when you feel satisfied you will stay on track with your weight loss journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all,

I've been reading everyone's posts about the weekend and have been laughing to myself as I was very bold at the weekend too and no matter how much I ate I didn't feel satisfied!

The funny thing is, my sister and her friend are doing WW too and told me they were exactly the same at the weekend too, so much so that we were texting each other about what we were eating!!

I came to work this morning and the girl in my office who's doing WW just shook her head at me and told me that she couldn't stop eating at the weekend too, ha ha!

Maybe it had something to do with the Northern Lights! :D

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I saw on an earlier post that 2 slices of WW bread is 3pp?
    Our leader told us it was 2pp????

Can anyone clarify? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Judging by posts it seems most of us feel off the wagon this weekend, what I want to know is did anybody at all manage to stay on track!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Judging by posts it seems most of us feel off the wagon this weekend, what I want to know is did anybody at all manage to stay on track!!!???

Let's hope someone did, we'll nerd a few people to drag us back on.
    Feel crap and bloated this morn, so I've learned my lesson!
    Although I weighed myself on the wii fit yest morn and it was weighing me about 3 pounds lighter than I am. I'm not getting excited coz it's probably just different scales weighing differently but if I even sts I'll be thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

I did :) lost 3lbs last week so it kinda spurd me on to be good only thing is I didn't manage to get any exercise in (have a 17mth old and was running round after her all wknd) I sat down Friday night and planned out the wk ahead think having a list up on the fridge of this wks lunches/dinners is helping me stay on track ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

The pp value should be on the packaging, but just be careful because I have found that the original points values are still on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

I did, i dipped into my weeklies but for sure didnt go higher than that.. I just find difficult to point things sometimes.. like, i had a few choc biscuits on sat.. and a glass of wine on fri.. yesterday i had like a big portion of quorn spag bol.. but still had loads of points so yeah.. pretty much managed to stay on track.. however.. i feel guilty!!! would you believe that? using my weeklies make me feel like i've been bold!!
    remember waking up on sat morning thinkingh.. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!! and then actually thinking remembered i only had a glass of wine and was all good.. so i kinda woke up with guilty feeling just out of habit!! :p

And then i'll go to WI this week and i'd probo lost another pound.. i dont seem to be losing more than that every week.. :( if anything coz TOTM!! :mad:

I'm happy and all coz still they're losses.. but is really hard work for just a pound a week.. will make me so happy so see 2!! :rolleyes:

well my weight in day is Saturday morning....So technically I've been good all weekend cos its start of new week...even if Friday night was somewhat slightly disastrous :P on mid term this week...got up bright an early...so i could get in a few hours of college work and then exercise and cook after lunch :)

having bangers and mash for lunch :)
    2 low fat hodgins sausages (3pp)
    300g of potatoes boiled and mashed with 25ml skimmed milk (6pp)
    Gravy made with 10g of granules (1pp)
    Red onions & garlic sautéed (0pp)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I just made a huge big batch of yummy soup. I had to put 2 stock cubes in it for flavour and a tsp of butter to sautee the onions and carrots at the beginning so all and all its 4pp for the whole batch so I'll give 1 per bowl to be safe.

Ingredients:

2 carrots diced
    1 large onion diced
    1 can of chopped tomatoes
    1 red pepper (grilled to loose the skin)
    2 cloves garlic
    2 veg stock cubes
    1 tbsp tomato purree
    1 tsp mixed spices
    1 tsp mixed herbs
    3 bay leaves
    Salt + Pepper

Sautee carrots, onions, garlic till soft. Mix in a jug stock cubes + spices with 3/4 litre boiling water and add to pot, add all other ingredients, bring to boil, simmer for 20 mins, season to taste! If too tangy add a couple of tsp of sugar for another pro point. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey everyone just catching up on the weekend posts!! I WI on Sat and was pleased to be down 1.5lbs :) Was out on sat evening and had 4 pints and vodka!! Food was alri had a sandwich and some chips which were covered by the 29..!! But basically all de weeklies were drank..!! I then proceeded to have a chinese last night !! It was the only thing I had eaten all day so hopefully!! Im not way over!! Back on track today with my branflakes for breakfast and I have a packed lunch in college with me. Im WI a day early this week as I fly to Barcelona Saturday afternoon!

Does anyone no anything about Barcelona and its food ?? I will more then likely be drinking/eating out!! An im bringing my runners to see the sights !! :)

Hope you are all back to basics today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Hi all,

I've been reading everyone's posts about the weekend and have been laughing to myself as I was very bold at the weekend too and no matter how much I ate I didn't feel satisfied!

The funny thing is, my sister and her friend are doing WW too and told me they were exactly the same at the weekend too, so much so that we were texting each other about what we were eating!!

I came to work this morning and the girl in my office who's doing WW just shook her head at me and told me that she couldn't stop eating at the weekend too, ha ha!

Maybe it had something to do with the Northern Lights! :D
    omg i was soo the same!! and others i know couldnt stop either!!

i was craving chipper friday night and managed to resist, went for a walk and all rather than slobby about for the night!! then did a super long walk sat morn, ate really well all morn...then headed off to croke park and then the downward spiral happened!!

the OH got me a pint of carlsberg without asking what i wanted so would have gone for wine, then so cold the muches kicked in and they have the tastiest popcorn ever there.....i wish i had never tried it!!

then followed a 3 course meal in chinese, we shared starters of seasame toast, prawns in pastry, spring rolls! i knew i should have had the chow mein option but couldnt resist the shredded chicken, but did have boiled rice :) but followed that with icecreams and choc sauce, then wine, tea and little chocolates!! then proceeded to head out and had 4 bts of bulmers light!! did manage to still resist chipper though!!

then sunday we went for carvery which wasnt tooo bad but followed with a trip to cinema were i had meanies, and millions of jellies and aero choc balls!!

by this stage i was annoyed i was soo bad i ended up having the blasted chipper....chicken burger(with cheese) and chips...followed by 8 chunky chip cookies!!felt so sick and couldnt believe i had done it.....hangovers just amke me binge!!

i pointed the best i could and hopefully over pointed....lets just say my weeklies were well gone and so were my activity points!!!

dreading wednesday, seriously being sooo good till then!! no breads and buckets of water!! sorry for my long post...had to confess to all!!

Hey everyone just catching up on the weekend posts!! I WI on Sat and was pleased to be down 1.5lbs :) Was out on sat evening and had 4 pints and vodka!! Food was alri had a sandwich and some chips which were covered by the 29..!! But basically all de weeklies were drank..!! I then proceeded to have a chinese last night !! It was the only thing I had eaten all day so hopefully!! Im not way over!! Back on track today with my branflakes for breakfast and I have a packed lunch in college with me. Im WI a day early this week as I fly to Barcelona Saturday afternoon!

Does anyone no anything about Barcelona and its food ?? I will more then likely be drinking/eating out!! An im bringing my runners to see the sights !! :)

Hope you are all back to basics today :P

I was there a couple of weeks ago and ate tapas and drank wine the whole time! But we walked to all the sites, which was basically about 6 hours of walking every day so I had lost another pound when I got home!

You can get all the same stuff as at home pretty much, tapas is good as it's small bits and you can pick the healthy ones.
    The best tapas bar in Barcelona is called Cal Pep - it's pricey but the experience is so worth it!

Also there's a place in the Latin Quarter called Sinatra's that I'd recommend as it's nice and very reasonably priced.

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    omg i was soo the same!! and others i know couldnt stop either!!

i was craving chipper friday night and managed to resist, went for a walk and all rather than slobby about for the night!! then did a super long walk sat morn, ate really well all morn...then headed off to croke park and then the downward spiral happened!!

the OH got me a pint of carlsberg without asking what i wanted so would have gone for wine, then so cold the muches kicked in and they have the tastiest popcorn ever there.....i wish i had never tried it!!

then followed a 3 course meal in chinese, we shared starters of seasame toast, prawns in pastry, spring rolls! i knew i should have had the chow mein option but couldnt resist the shredded chicken, but did have boiled rice :) but followed that with icecreams and choc sauce, then wine, tea and little chocolates!! then proceeded to head out and had 4 bts of bulmers light!! did manage to still resist chipper though!!

then sunday we went for carvery which wasnt tooo bad but followed with a trip to cinema were i had meanies, and millions of jellies and aero choc balls!!

by this stage i was annoyed i was soo bad i ended up having the blasted chipper....chicken burger(with cheese) and chips...followed by 8 chunky chip cookies!!felt so sick and couldnt believe i had done it.....hangovers just amke me binge!!

i pointed the best i could and hopefully over pointed....lets just say my weeklies were well gone and so were my activity points!!!

dreading wednesday, seriously being sooo good till then!! no breads and buckets of water!! sorry for my long post...had to confess to all!!

Ha ha, great confession!!

Well I had ten of my dailies left on friday evening and had some singapore noodles and prawn crackers and knew I was dipping into my weeklies, but then I totally overdid it on the wine (a whole bottle) and had a few morgan's and diet 7up and some low fat crisps and tea cakes!

After that I knew the weeklies were completely blown, but did it stop me eating over my points for the rest of the weekend?
    Nope.

I'm annoyed with myself but I just couldn't help it, for some reason no matter what I ate I just didn't feel satisfied!!!!

DREADING WI on wednesday even though I'm gonna be really good til then and get out walking, I think the damage is done!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Hi all,

even though it says 1pp per slice on the pack, when i calculated 2 slices using the calculator it's actually 3pp. very misleading.

Hi Guys, our leader gave us this list for Eddie Rockets. please note that for burgers you've to add meat, bun, sauces etc separately. I have the list in excel if anyone wants to pm me their email address :)

Breakfast
    2 Rashers - 5 pp
    2 Sausages - 5pp
    2 Hash Browns - 8pp
    Mushrooms - 1pp
    2 Toast - 4pp
    1 Fried Egg - 2pp
    Scrambled Egg - 5pp

Hot Dogs
    Foot Long - 5pp
    Chilli dog - 9pp
    Cheese Dog - 10pp
    Chilli Cheese Dog - 11pp
    Bacon Big Boy - 11pp

Nachos
    Nachos - 8pp
    Add Chili - 5pp
    Add Marinated Chicken - 4pp
    Add Guacamole - 4pp

Chilli
    Chilli Con Carne - 7pp
    Tortilla Chips - 4pp
    Grated Cheese - 4pp
    Blue Cheese Dressing - 11pp

Fish
    Fillet of Fish - 7pp
    Tartar Sauce - 3pp
    Bun - 3pp

Chicken
    Chicken Fillet - 4pp
    ER Secret Sauce - 7pp

Hamburger - 9pp
    Bacon - 1pp
    Caremlized Onion -1pp

Cheese & Sauce
    Cheddar - 4pp
    Swiss - 4pp
    Blue - 5pp
    Smoked - 5pp
    Melted Swiss - 5pp
    ER House Dressing - 7pp
    Bicks Relish - 1pp
    Pesto - 3pp

Veggie Burger - 6pp

Buffalo Wings - 6pp
    Wings Sauce - 2pp
    Tenders - 8pp
    Garlic Mayo - 7pp
    Cajun Dip - 3pp

Caesar Salad - 7pp
    Add chicken - 4pp
    Add Bacon - 1pp
    Add Tenders - 8pp
    Add Mushrooms - 1pp

Regular Fries - 14pp
    Add Chilli - 5pp
    Add Cheese - 4pp
    Add Garlic - 7pp
    Add Bacon - 1pp
    Bowl of mash - 2pp
    1/2 fries 1/2 onion rings - 18pp
    onion rings with garlic mayo - 12pp
    garlic mushrooms with mayo - 14pp

Fudge Brownie - 9pp
    Knickerbocker Glory - 12pp
    Ice Cream 100g - 14pp
    Cream 60g - 9pp

Floats All - 11pp
    Diet Float - 7pp
    Malt Shake - 28pp
    Oreo Shake - 24pp
    Milk Shake - 27pp
    Thanks so much for this list but is the bun really only 3pp?? or is that either side because they are quite big!!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Ha ha Shellybelly - if you don't mind I'm going to jump in on your thread.
    I'm going to Barcelona on Wed and would love any WW advice! Although I'm not exactly planning on counting my points while I'm there. That's not what holidays are for !! :D
    (Don't think we'll bump into each other - I'm coming home on Sat, but have a great time).

• Advertisement

Ha ha, great confession!!

Well I had ten of my dailies left on friday evening and had some singapore noodles and prawn crackers and knew I was dipping into my weeklies, but then I totally overdid it on the wine (a whole bottle) and had a few morgan's and diet 7up and some low fat crisps and tea cakes!

After that I knew the weeklies were completely blown, but did it stop me eating over my points for the rest of the weekend?
    Nope.

I'm annoyed with myself but I just couldn't help it, for some reason no matter what I ate I just didn't feel satisfied!!!!

DREADING WI on wednesday even though I'm gonna be really good til then and get out walking, I think the damage is done!
    :(
    haha what are we all like!! be even funnier if we managed to be down!!
    im craving bad food still but having soup, fruit and rice cakes for lunch and dinner will be a ww ready meal and veg so i know exactly how much im eating and at what points!!

was good before my crazed binge so fingers crossed(and toes too) for us all!! some weeks we are soo good and still up so this week we might be soo bad that we are down :)

have another day in crokers next sat and a night out again next weekend but i will be prepared this time!! (hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Well done to all who lost this week....

I am due to go to my WI 2mor morning but I am thinking of not going lol I cant face been told you have put on or stayed the same!

Anyway what I wanted to know was I have cremé fraiche in fridge and I am curious to try it. Has anyone any suggestion on what I can use it with? How to use it? I have chicken fillets that I would like to use up so can I create a dish using these??

weight.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I am due to go to my WI 2mor morning but I am thinking of not going lol I cant face been told you have put on or stayed the same!

Anyway what I wanted to know was I have cremé fraiche in fridge and I am curious to try it. Has anyone any suggestion on what I can use it with? How to use it? I have chicken fillets that I would like to use up so can I create a dish using these??

Go to your WI you might be pleasantly surprised. And if you are up it's weeks that we are up are the ones that we need our meetings the most.

I use cremé fraiche to make a sauce for chicken. I sauté an onion and cook the chicken fillet. Then add chicken stock and a spoonful of the cremé. Let it boil for about 5 mins or so and have it with pasta. It's not really a recipe, just something I came across myself.

defo go, i know i used to skip classes everytime i was bad and was also so bad for 2 weeks then and usual ended up giving up!!

best thing to do is face it, and you never know it might bot even be that bad!

i was a million times worse than you this weekend and im defo going as its a kick in the bum!

ProPoints® Value: 8
    Servings: 2
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 10 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Served with a side salad, these potatoes are an excellent midweek treat.

Ingredients

350 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, 2 baking potatoes
    2 tablespoons Mayonnaise, Low Fat
    1 teaspoons Curry Paste, all types, preferably balti
    1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
    1/2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
    2 teaspoons (level) Crème Frâiche, Half Fat
    100 g Chicken, Breast, without Skin, Grilled, Shredded or cut into chunks
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)

Instructions
    Prick the potatoes and cook in the microwave for 10-12 minutes until cooked through or cook in conventional oven at Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F for 1-1 ½ hours.

While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients (mayonnaise through creme fraiche), season and then mix in the chicken.

When the potatoes are cooked, cut a cross in the top of each and spoon the chicken and sauce into each potato.

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    defo go, i know i used to skip classes everytime i was bad and was also so bad for 2 weeks then and usual ended up giving up!!

best thing to do is face it, and you never know it might bot even be that bad!

i was a million times worse than you this weekend and im defo going as its a kick in the bum!

Yeah I'm going for the kick in the bum thing too. I'll be gutted when she tells me I've gained, but it might make me cop on!!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Yeah I'm going for the kick in the bum thing too. I'll be gutted when she tells me I've gained, but it might make me cop on!!!! :P

It will help you get back on track this week and help you see a loss next week :)

Dubgirl well done that's an amazing achievement. You're so close now. You may even reach it this week. Good luck to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

me me me:Dand i'm so jealous that ye all had such a good time:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

oaty fruit biscuits 1pp each

makes 6 (pp value/recipe 9)
    120g dried pears chopped
    grated zest of a lemon
    6tbsp orange juice
    150g rolled oats
    low fat cooking spray.

1. preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200 deg C fan oven 180
    2. place the pears in a small pan with lemon zest and orange juice. bring to a gentle simmer for 8-10 mins until the pears are softened and have absorbed half the juice. puree the pears and the juice in a blender.
    3. mix the puree with the oats. spray a 20cm (8") loose bottomed tin wiht the cooking spray and press teh mixture into the bottom of the tin. bake for 18-20 mins.
    4. remove from oven and cut into 6 wedges. leave to cool in the tin.

apple drop scones 2pp each
    makes 18. 28pp/recipe

100g self raising flour
    50g jordans crunchy oats (raisins and almonds)
    1 apple peeled, cored and chopped finely
    pinch of salt
    25g golden caster sugar
    1 large egg
    150ml skimmed milk
    2tsp vegetable oil
    9tsp low fat spread
    18 tsp reduced sugar strawberry spread

1. mix the flour, cereal, egg, salt and sugar in a large bowl. add the egg and milk and beat well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. cover and allow to stand for 15 mins.
    2. eat a large, heavy based frying pan or griddle until hot. add a little oil, then drop tablespoons of the mixture into the hot pan. cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip over to cook the other side.
    3. transfer the cooked drop scones to the kitchen towel to cook slightly. continue to cook the remaining batter in the same way until it is all used.
    4. serve each scone with 1/2 tsp of low fat spread and a tsp of strawberry spread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement