Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

jackmax wrote: »
    sorry hun havent a clue how many pp in west coast cooler but i love it :) its so yummy!!
    also anyone know how many points would be in a slice of turnover bread. i love it so much and havent had any in wks! i love it toasted or to make a crisp sandwich with. oh i want some now :(

Thanks anyway, think I'll point it as a bottle of wine,which is 20 pp I think. Not sure on the turnover bread, have you tried weighing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Birdie086 wrote: »
    In fairness you may not have tracked but propoints was obviously never far from your mind!! hope the batch loaf and jam was nice, I havent eaten batch loaf in years ( not that I have been healthy eating) but am seriously starting to crave some thanks to all the posts here regarding it!!!!!!
    Good luck with your fresh start on propoints in the morning

Thanks Birdie. Maybe you're right about the propoints not being far from my mind because I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning & according to my ones at home (which can be a bit unpredicable sometimes), I am only up about 3 lbs!!! So pleased if that is true, will know for definite on Tues morning. The batch bread & jam were so gorgeous. My father owns a bakery & we were brought up on loads of bread, so to me it is the ultimate comfort food. Anytime we go away my Mum always leaves me a loaf & milk for when we come back & last night I just couldn't resist it. But this morning I am full of renewed motivation. Going to phone my Dad & see if he fancies a walk along the beach in Donegal this afternoon & will resist if he takes me into the bakery to see what bread etc has been unsold by the van men from Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

jackmax wrote: »
    sorry hun havent a clue how many pp in west coast cooler but i love it :) its so yummy!!
    also anyone know how many points would be in a slice of turnover bread. i love it so much and havent had any in wks! i love it toasted or to make a crisp sandwich with. oh i want some now :(

Oh ur killing me:( here i love rustic turnover bread:P would love to no if anyone has any idea what it is in pp... In work every day my collegue goes to the local bakery to get fresh rustic turnover sandwhiches YUMMY:D der just huge like having two full sandwhiches and this is something i have had to stop so i bring my own lunch but would love it as a treat every now and then:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ugh :( I don't know what it is about dull and gloomy days that just make me eat and eat and so unmotivated to do any exercise (even though I have an exercise DVD). I have eaten 14 out of my 35 points already and I am only up a few hours!!!

Totm too which could be the problem. Was doing so well too. Just going to have today as a day off from exercise and try and get a good walk in tomorrow.

Monife wrote: »
    Ugh :( I don't know what it is about dull and gloomy days that just make me eat and eat and so unmotivated to do any exercise (even though I have an exercise DVD). I have eaten 14 out of my 35 points already and I am only up a few hours!!!

Totm too which could be the problem. Was doing so well too. Just going to have today as a day off from exercise and try and get a good walk in tomorrow.
    I'm the exact same, I'm dressed to go out for a walk and trying to push myself out the door and I can't,just feel so tired! Am trying to tell myself that its only an hour,or less than and I'll feel so much better for it afterwards. Come on, if I do it will you?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Just been looking up recipes...trying to stay creative...so i dont get bored...and that i'm always enjoying my dinners :)

Found the Quorn Recipe Channel.....TONNES of low fat yummy recipes....my mom got me like 6 bags of Quorn mince from tesco :D

Here's the link to the official Quorn Cottage Pie Recipe
    I think a few of us have our own variations on the recipe, but this there own in house recipe.....and the chef aint bad to look at either ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVwa2C1zf0k

they have recipes for thai green curry, chow mein, Poa Thai,.......

Hey I know I asked last night,but just hoping someone might know, how many points there is in a large bottle of west coast cooler? Trying to work out my pp from last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey I know I asked last night,but just hoping someone might know, how many points there is in a large bottle of west coast cooler? Trying to work out my pp from last night!

Hey, I have the eating out guide, I can check that, would it come under alcopops? It's 4 points for a bacardi breezer(small bottle) but I don't think west coast cooler would be the same because thats wine?!

newbee22 wrote: »
    Hey, I have the eating out guide, I can check that, would it come under alcopops? It's 4 points for a bacardi breezer(small bottle) but I don't think west coast cooler would be the same because thats wine?![/QUOTE
    Hey thanks, I wonder should I just point it as wine, I think a full bottle is 18 or 20 pp?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Is not feeling the WW thing this week ha. Went out friday night with OH after getting free tickets to laughter lounge comedy club so off we go... By end of night, I had a cocktail, bottle of wine and 1 pint... plus a snack box from supermacs... Saturday ate nor drank a thing until roughly 830pm...
    We were away for the night and it included 4 course dinner... Had veg soup, Chicken with bowl of veg and basil mash and ate half of a strawberry cheesecake... loads of water.. then this morning had 2 sausages, egg, piece of white pudding the size of 20cent piece and some toast and 1 small glass of OJ, and diet coke! I am dreading the scales on Tue... however I did go for 20 mins walk yesterday!
    I will be going walking tonight if not il do extra in morning.

I feel so bad and delfated :-( I am thinking of giving up.:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

In my meeting last week, the leader said that if there is a lower % of alcohol then it would be lower than a standard bottle of wine. Someone asked her about a 3.5% wine. So I would say that West Coast cooler might be lower than wine? I'm just assuming though.

Just looked up west coast cooler nut info online, it said a 250 ml serving is 2 points?! Don't know if thats right though, seems kind of low?!
    From eating out guide
    wine points 175ml serving:
    dry white- 4 points
    medium white- 5 points
    sweet white- 6 points

Is not feeling the WW thing this week ha. Went out friday night with OH after getting free tickets to laughter lounge comedy club so off we go... By end of night, I had a cocktail, bottle of wine and 1 pint... plus a snack box from supermacs... Saturday ate nor drank a thing until roughly 830pm...
    We were away for the night and it included 4 course dinner... Had veg soup, Chicken with bowl of veg and basil mash and ate half of a strawberry cheesecake... loads of water.. then this morning had 2 sausages, egg, piece of white pudding the size of 20cent piece and some toast and 1 small glass of OJ, and diet coke! I am dreading the scales on Tue... however I did go for 20 mins walk yesterday!
    I will be going walking tonight if not il do extra in morning.

I feel so bad and delfated :-( I am thinking of giving up.:(:(

Go for a long hot bath/shower.....relax....your just feeling the sluggish aftermath of your great weekend....just think about how you feel on the Tuesdays where you have the loss's....and how great it feels.

Drink loads and loads of water.....it'll help detox and flush your system out and help re-energise your body and mind.

WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE! I've been there more times than I like to admit!...the fact you are here telling us how your feeling is proof your not ready to give up!

On Tuesday tell your leader your burnt out and need a bit of help to get back on track! They are there to help....we pay enough for there help....get your moneys worth!

is there anything WE here can do?

Thanks girls, really appreciate the help, god I'd be so happy if it was low! Think I'll point it at 15, and hope for best. Gonna write off my 49 weekly points anyway cos I did have a half bag of chips and half a garlic bread too, it was my birthday after all!
    I got out for a half hour walk and bit of jogging and now I'm doing an exercise video from operation transformation!

Thanks girls, really appreciate the help, god I'd be so happy if it was low! Think I'll point it at 15, and hope for best. Gonna write off my 49 weekly points anyway cos I did have a half bag of chips and half a garlic bread too, it was my birthday after all!
    I got out for a half hour walk and bit of jogging and now I'm doing an exercise video from operation transformation!

Hope you had a fantastic birthday! fair play to ya for getting back on track today! Its so tempting to write off the entire weekend as "its my birthday"

:D

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Go for a long hot bath/shower.....relax....your just feeling the sluggish aftermath of your great weekend....just think about how you feel on the Tuesdays where you have the loss's....and how great it feels.

Drink loads and loads of water.....it'll help detox and flush your system out and help re-energise your body and mind.

WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE! I've been there more times than I like to admit!...the fact you are here telling us how your feeling is proof your not ready to give up!

On Tuesday tell your leader your burnt out and need a bit of help to get back on track! They are there to help....we pay enough for there help....get your moneys worth!

is there anything WE here can do?

Thank you lainy.. ur soo good to everyone! ur a legend...
    However I dont like wrecking ppls head and im sure others dont wanna be hearing my moans or strifes everyone has their things tobe dealing with!!
    I dont know if to give up.. I fancy going on a walk now but dont feel like going on my own but weather is bad so noone will go with me lol i dont mind the rain!

I would say you're safe at 15. Ask your leader at your next meeting so you know for future reference! Happy Birthday!!

Hope you had a brill birthday, if we can't treat ourselves on our birthdays when can we!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Hi folks,
    Just wondering, if I want to make a dinner with a non WW recipe, do I just basically point everything that goes into it then divide it into however many portions I get out of the recipe?
    Thanks

I foundthis on old thread from a yr ago or so! I would say from the old system it worked out at bout 4 or 5 points for a small bottle of it.

Hey, West Coast Coolers are only 2 points a bottle. You could also try having white wine spritzers with diet 7up as an alternative which, depending on how much wine you use, would probably only be around 1.5 points each.

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Hope you had a fantastic birthday! fair play to ya for getting back on track today! Its so tempting to write off the entire weekend as "its my birthday"

:D[/QUOTE

Thanks lainy, believe me I came close to writing the whole weekend off, but told myself that the scales won't care that it was my birthday on Wednesday! I haven't done any exercise all week, so trying to catch up now.

No idea what to have for dinner,cos really not in mood for anything,but know I have to eat something, might just have a pitta bread with salad and cheese. I want chocolate,so gonna treat myself later with a bar of galaxy bubbles,they are quite low, I didn't have any birthday cake,so might stick a candle in it lol.
    Think I'll take posters advice for finglas gal and have a nice hot bath and loads of body lotion afterwards.

SSFG wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Just wondering, if I want to make a dinner with a non WW recipe, do I just basically point everything that goes into it then divide it into however many portions I get out of the recipe?
    Thanks

Yep that's how you do it. Make sure you weigh everything out properly!

SSFG wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Thanks

Yeah pretty much! try to swop ingredients for lower point options if you can.

newbee22 wrote: »
    Hope you had a brill birthday, if we can't treat ourselves on our birthdays when can we!

Thanks newbee, I had a very relaxed birthday, not a mad one that I'd normally have. I went to a friends house and bless her she had all low point snacks for us, but then I ruined it all by getting my other half to pick us up a chipper when he was collecting me!

I foundthis on old thread from a yr ago or so! I would say from the old system it worked out at bout 4 or 5 points for a small bottle of it.

Hey, West Coast Coolers are only 2 points a bottle. You could also try having white wine spritzers with diet 7up as an alternative which, depending on how much wine you use, would probably only be around 1.5 points each.

Thanks finglas gal, I think I'll point it at about 18, just to be extra safe and ask my leader on Wednesday. I'd probably have been better having a few vodkas or wine as the west coast cooler was like drinking a soft drink, I was stone cold sober at end of night!

Thanks finglas gal, I think I'll point it at about 18, just to be extra safe and ask my leader on Wednesday. I'd probably have been better having a few vodkas or wine as the west coast cooler was like drinking a soft drink, I was stone cold sober at end of night!
    I know what u mean! I only drink once every 3 or 4 months and when I do drink, thats my tipple! Its sooooo nice, easy to drink, too easy, tasty and flavoursome! nom nom nom :p:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Hi everyone, I havent been on here in well over a week :( I have been dealing with some very difficult personal stuff in the past 10 days or so (which I wont bother you guys with) but I have completely given up on WW during this time.

Have I missed anything very important on here? :o I'll try my best to catch up on the posts Iv missed this evening.

Im going back to my meeting this week and Im going to start fresh and give it my best shot again.

Iv missed reading your posts and Im glad to be back x

does anyone know how many pp are in a tub of curry sauce from chinese?

Minx23 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I havent been on here in well over a week :( I have been dealing with some very difficult personal stuff in the past 10 days or so (which I wont bother you guys with) but I have completely given up on WW during this time.

Have I missed anything very important on here? :o I'll try my best to catch up on the posts Iv missed this evening.

Im going back to my meeting this week and Im going to start fresh and give it my best shot again.

Iv missed reading your posts and Im glad to be back x

Hey welcome back, hope you sorted your personal stuff out. It's very difficult to stay on track when you have crap on your plate, so well done for coming back. Can I suggest you that when you return to your meeting you just try and forget what you have gained and start from scratch? Like your starting ww for the first time. In the mean time be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up over not staying on track, you have had more important stuff to be dealing with. As one poster said to another today, have a nice hot bath and look after yourself. Good luck this week,and try come in here for support x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Hi all got a lovely present of the weight watchers book of recipes. Tried out these two today.

Feta Stuffed Pitta 6pp
    1 medium wholemeal pitta
    25g Feta cheese crumbled
    a few slices of red onion or scallion
    2 cherry tomatoes halved
    a few slices of crispy lettuce
    i teaspoon lemon juice
    black pepper.
    a few slices of cucumber.

this made a nice lunch, have o say really miss cheese so this is a nice low points way to indulge.

Chicken and Cashew Nuts with rice 12pp
    serves 4

600g of cooked easy cook rice
    1 tsp sunflower oil
    350g diced chicken breast
    40g cashew nuts, halved
    2 tsp sesame oil
    2 carrots cut into thin batons
    150g baby corn cut into thirds
    100g mange tout, halved
    2 sliced garlic cloves
    bunch of scallions cut into 1" lengths
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1tbsp dry sherry
    300ml chicken stock
    1 tbsp corn flour

1. heat sunflower oil in a wok + gently brown the cashew nuts. remove and set aside
    2. coat the chicken in the sesame oil, tip into the wok and cook for 3 mins, stirring til brown
    3.add the carrots, baby corn, mangetout and garlic. stir fry for 2 minutes
    4. stir in the scallion, soy sauce and sherry and cook for 1 minute
    5. return the cashew nuts to the wok and add the chicken stock, cover and simmer for 5 mins
    6. blend the cornflour with 1 tbsp of cold water, then stir into teh sauce until slightly thickened.

Delicious!

i will post more recipes as i try them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement