Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

in fairness whats the worst that could happen.

as long as people have fair warning and dont get surprised when the next block they place finds them looking at the lost connection screen :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tallon wrote: »
    I would love this...

I really don't know who made the Giant gold Tallon, but knock it down if you want

I was leaving it up to see if anyone would complain about it's gastly ruining of the flow of the town, but noone said anything :p

Who made it?

I made it as part of the central metro system but tear the whole building down, and rebuild it as a central train station for above and below ground :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I made it as part of the central metro system but tear the whole building down, and rebuild it as a central train station for above and below ground :D
    Owen-Starsky-Hutch-Signature-Do-It.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I bet if anyone seen me in the game I'd look like this
    mct.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tallon, you work in an IT call centre. How did you not know the answer was to turn it off and turn it back on again :D

Back in now.. woohoo

Lies, I've never done a days work in my life :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well lads i got banned.

its actually a shame...

tallon, you permenantly banning me?

i did not destroyed anything or was abusing anyone...

well lads i got banned.

its actually a shame...

tallon, you permenantly banning me?

i did not destroyed anything or was abusing anyone...
    Anymore issues whatsoever with yourself and you're permabanned from the main server for good!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay, tallon, sorry for " problems " i coused. Can we burry the hatchet?

i did not do damage to main server, or did damage to any ather person, i invested alot of time to my creations, i dont whant all of it to be gone, just becouse we had different views.

do i really make so much trouble to you?

okay, tallon, sorry for " problems " i coused. Can we burry the hatchet?

i did not do damage to main server, or did damage to any ather person, i invested alot of time to my creations, i dont whant all of it to be gone, just becouse we had different views.

do i really make so much trouble to you?

anything built by any member of the server banned or not will remain as it is. if you are unabnned it will be there for you on your return.

now the 2 of ye. Shadow and Tallon bring it to PM before you screw up this thread too with your back and forth.

anything built by any member of the server banned or not will remain as it is. if you are unabnned it will be there for you on your return.

Couldn't agree more, we will never ever destroy someones buildings
    now the 2 of ye. Shadow and Tallon bring it to PM before you screw up this thread too with your back and forth.

Don't worry, no replies, I will be reporting posts as off topic if they are so.

I would expect people to report mine too if they are too off topic or irrelevant to the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I don't want to be continually building tracks.
    I'll be on over the weekend, and will lay down some tracks then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

humanji wrote: »
    Would it be an idea to rebuild the station in the town centre? I mean, make it a proper station, listing all the destinations and what tracks to take? I wouldn't really mean too much of a change, just slight spacing out of lines on the top platform.

Possibly, the way I was thinking of it is that you'd whack a switch coming up to junction if you want to take the turn off, that way the two main tracks can remain and all the other tracks can branch off it. I just have to figure out how to do it.

Of course if you know how to build such a set-up I'm all ears.
    the_syco wrote: »
    I'll be on over the weekend, and will lay down some tracks then.

It might be an idea to wait until such time as the junctions are ready, otherwise it could lead to a lot of re-working down the line. I was going to leave it just trailing off with the first few bits of track and let people take it from there if they want.

Edit: Actually, this is easier than I thought it would be as the push button has a built in delay which allows just enough time to make the changeover. The only problem will be slowing people down enough to allow them enough time to hit the switch. Unfortunately if we slow people down too much then the delay on the switch won't be enough but we can build a pressure switch into the track which will reset a latch that can be used to hold the output high until the cart is onto the new track.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Possibly, the way I was thinking of it is that you'd whack a switch coming up to junction if you want to take the turn off, that way the two main tracks can remain and all the other tracks can branch off it. I just have to figure out how to do it.

Of course if you know how to build such a set-up I'm all ears.

It might be an idea to wait until such time as the junctions are ready, otherwise it could lead to a lot of re-working down the line. I was going to leave it just trailing off with the first few bits of track and let people take it from there if they want.

Edit: Actually, this is easier than I thought it would be as the push button has a built in delay which allows just enough time to make the changeover. The only problem will be slowing people down enough to allow them enough time to hit the switch. Unfortunately if we slow people down too much then the delay on the switch won't be enough but we can build a pressure switch into the track which will reset a latch that can be used to hold the output high until the cart is onto the new track.

See that's my problem with the switch method, ie people are going to miss their routes. If there was a direct route to sections it might be easier, and give people directions on changing tracks.

For example, to get from the town centre to my ship you take the track to the stadium and change there. It might be an idea to have several "hub" stations with other lines leading off them. I'm kind of thinking a simplified version of the route system they have for the London underground. So you'd have "The Stadium Line" and "The Castle Line" etc.

I'll try and plan out a submission and post it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I could be talking through my arse, but maybe a if the switch is an on/off switch with a permanent electrical flow, that you when you flick, stays on, with a pressure plate under track b that switches it off? And if you don't click the switch, you continue to track a. Maybe do it on a slight slope so that it'll slow down the cart a bit so that they can flick the switch with ease, and a booster after the switch to get them back up to speed?

This may then allow multiple turn-offs? Will look into it later after football.

See that's my problem with the switch method, ie people are going to miss their routes. If there was a direct route to sections it might be easier, and give people directions on changing tracks.

For example, to get from the town centre to my ship you take the track to the stadium and change there. It might be an idea to have several "hub" stations with other lines leading off them. I'm kind of thinking a simplified version of the route system they have for the London underground. So you'd have "The Stadium Line" and "The Castle Line" etc.

I'll try and plan out a submission and post it up here.

yes. and from tehre people can go access the places along the way to these final destinations. will need signs up though saying "Stadium and whatever" so people know which line to take to egt to where they need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Could I request to be added to the whitelist please? Have played single player for a bit and the server looks great (have an idea for a project too, a bit on the ambitious side but what the hey).

Username: swissirl

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

****ing film students

Hi res image?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

trolololo.png

It wasn't enough.

trolololo2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

Is there something wrong with the server at the moment cause i cant get on.

No, theres a few of us on, whats the issue?

Comes up with unknown host 'IP'
    Replace the ip with the actual ip

Minecraft.net Auth servers are down again

swiss wrote: »
    Could I request to be added to the whitelist please? Have played single player for a bit and the server looks great (have an idea for a project too, a bit on the ambitious side but what the hey).

Username: swissirl

Many thanks.

Done
    jak/mar wrote: »
    Comes up with unknown host 'IP'
    Replace the ip with the actual ip

Back up now, try again

Done

Back up now, try again

Nope still not working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

I think someone asked a while back but there was no response - Does anyone have a link to the minimap mod that I've been seeing in some peoples screenshots?

The Auth servers were down, you will need to come out of MC completely and go back in

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

jak/mar wrote: »
    Nope still not working for me
    I've had a few problems all day. I think Thursdays must be a particularly popular Minecraft day. :D

• Advertisement

I've had a few problems all day. I think Thursdays must be a particularly popular Minecraft day. :D
    Nah, Notch just came back today

he's updating the launcher

Advertisement