Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

nesf wrote: »
    WANT: http://www.provape.com/category-s/36.htm

Oh, my, want this so badly if it does what it says on the tin.

Thanks for this link!
    That's what I was looking for. I ordered Precious some time ago but is still not ready so I can cancel an order.
    I watched all videos on youtube about this PV mod. People love it.
    Price is about 160€ for body, two batteries, charger and shipping. Is not cheap that's for sure.
    I'll talk about with my wife :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Quick question for anyone familiar with the Halo liquid....I was using the menthol ice and now i'm on the second bottle but it tastes completely different, the aftertaste is rotten, I thought I read somewhere that new bottles can take a while to settle because Halo juices are so fresh but it even smells like the aftertaste so if I left the cap off would the air help it?

cc-offe wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone familiar with the Halo liquid....I was using the menthol ice and now i'm on the second bottle but it tastes completely different, the aftertaste is rotten, I thought I read somewhere that new bottles can take a while to settle because Halo juices are so fresh but it even smells like the aftertaste so if I left the cap off would the air help it?
    Freshly mixed juice needs about 48 hours to "grow up".

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

All the ecig forums I've seen so far have some kind of swapshop where people can swap ejuice they didn't like/want to keep. As I am in situation where I can't order any more juices as i am moving to a new address, I've decided to try my luck and swap some stuff I know I won't use:)
    So Ive got: Flavourarts 3 x 7ml flavors (vanilla, hazelnuts, mangosteen). Also I have 30ml 18mg malrboro ejuice (tastes like popcorn to me, didn't like it), around 9ml 18mg coffee ejuice bought from enjuice.co.uk (in 10pm bottle, just not my kind of liquid), 8ml 18mg of dekang Virginia tobacco liquid in 10ml bottle (don't like it) and 10ml bottle of 18mg dekang menthol juice.
    I'd love to try other flavorings so if somebody's willing to swap and want to try my stuff let me know and we can swap:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thedude85

Hey folks, has anybody here bought from www.electronic-cigarette.ie? and if so what is the quality of their gear like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hey all,

Have been reading this thread for quite a while now.

Just a few questions if I may.

Am going to take plunge and order the Joye eGo. Can you tell me the difference between the 510 starter kit and the Mega starter kit. Priced the same from the vapourstore..

Also can you tell me how long a charge will hold with either. And how long will a cartridge last.

Not quite sure what dripping is too.

Also should I get empty cartridges as well.

Is the vapourstore a good spot to get your juices.
    Am think of getting the Halo and the RY4 liquid. The latter is 13 euro for 20 ml bottle. Is there anywhere else I can get this cheaper or a smaller bottle to just try it?

Is it worthwhile getting a low resistance atomiser too?

Has anyone done any costing? How much bar the initial outlay of hardware do you think vaping works out, say per pack.

Really apologise for all the questions but it's like trying to clean sand from a carpet using a tweezers to get all the info I need.:o

This has been a great thread though. Thank you Mewso et all!

A couple of pages back there was my story about this website. Don't know if it was just bad luck but both joye 510 that came from that place went to rubbish bin after just a few days. I'd avoid

FLOOPER
    I'm just a newbe but will try to answer at least some of your questions:)
    I'm quite sure you can't go wrong with ego (as long as it's from reputable vendor), get either of them. I thing mega version is just with bigger battery=even longer battery life. I have a normal ego and my battery holds it's charge for a day easy. As you are getting two of them, you won't have to worry about it dying on you.
    Can't help you with cartridges, sorry, i've never used them.
    Dripping is when you drip 3 drops of liquid right onto your atomizer instead of filling in the cartridges. I prefer this method as it gives more flavor and vapor.
    Thevapourstore is a perfect place to get your juice from, IMHO. I've tried a few of their liquids and loved them.
    LR atomizers. Should you get them? Well, i ordered mine after about a week of using normal resistance atomizers and i'm quite sure i will never get back to normal ones. LR rocks!:)
    Don't know about the costing. It's not that important to me as my health worth a lot to me:) I was enjoying smoking and now i'm enjouing vaping:)
    IMHO, once you find you "perfect device" and "perfect juice" you will start saving as you won't have to try and buy stuff any more.
    Hope it will help you a bit.
    Do not hesitate, get that ego!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Am going to take plunge and order the Joye eGo. Can you tell me the difference between the 510 starter kit and the Mega starter kit. Priced the same from the vapourstore..

Also can you tell me how long a charge will hold with either. And how long will a cartridge last.

The mega is simply a larger attomiser that allows for a larger cartridge and less often having to re-fill. Batteries are the same and will last several hours. Cartridges will last a varying amount of time per person. Don't worry too much about it at the start.
    Not quite sure what dripping is too.

Worry about dripping later.
    Also should I get empty cartridges as well.

Well worth it if you plan to buy some liquid.
    Is the vapourstore a good spot to get your juices.

For starters yes it's fine since you'll be buying your device there too so why not. Good basic liquids worth trying and from there you can branch out.
    Am think of getting the Halo and the RY4 liquid. The latter is 13 euro for 20 ml bottle. Is there anywhere else I can get this cheaper or a smaller bottle to just try it?

I would stick with the bog standard liquid until you are sure you are going to become an e-smoker.
    Is it worthwhile getting a low resistance atomiser too?

Repeating myself now but start simple and try a low res atty later.
    Has anyone done any costing? How much bar the initial outlay of hardware do you think vaping works out, say per pack.

If you don't go bananas it's much cheaper. I did go bananas so I would be a bad example. Again I feel it matters little. To switch to e-cigs from the real thing would be worth it if it was more expensive imo. but it is most deffinitely not.
    Really apologise for all the questions but it's like trying to clean sand from a carpet using a tweezers to get all the info I need.:o

I know this thread is full of gobbledegook but seriously buy a device and try it and go from there. If a standard device doesn't do it for you then post here with your experience. We can try and find out if the device is not up to scratch, the throat hit is not good enough or if something else is not right and suggest your next move. The eGo is the right place to start imo. I prefer the mega but I think for starters the standard would be best for a beginner as the mega stuff can be bought seperatley afterwards without having to buy a set as they will fit on any eGo battery.

So much of e-cigs is down to the individual that all I feel comfortable doing is recommending a good reliable device. Once you go beyond that into low res. attys and different liquids it's a personal preference. If I see something new and several people singing it's praises I am very likely to just order it and try it as long as it doesn't break the bank. I'm happy doing this because when I look down at my hand I'm not holding a real cigarette.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nonamigo wrote: »
    I thing mega version is just with bigger battery=even longer battery life.

Just checked on the site. The mega pack is same batteries with the mega attomisers. It's a confusing name but the longer lasting batteries will work with any of these attomisers and can be bought seperately. I find the longer lasting ones handy but thats because I vape like a maniac :)

• Advertisement

That's sound great. I prefer paying with laser over the credit card. Thanks for update
    So now www.thebestshop.eu accept Laser cards.

I ordered my first mod ProVari with charger and two 18490 batteries :D
    It cost me 210$ incl. shipping.
    4 days ago I got email:
    We are having some minor delays due to a supplier issue.We should be shipping new units in a little more than 1 week.Again thanks to @nesf for link.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Opit wrote: »
    So now www.thebestshop.eu accept Laser cards.

I ordered my first mod ProVari with charger and two 18490 batteries :D
    It cost me 210$ incl. shipping.
    4 days ago I got email:
    We are having some minor delays due to a supplier issue.We should be shipping new units in a little more than 1 week.Again thanks to @nesf for link.

Damn you, haven't ordered mine yet...

That's the best mod for the moment IMO. I can check condition of the atty with it, one 3,7V battery for whole range of voltage from 3,3V up to 6V which is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Thank you Nonamigo and Mewso for your feedback. Much appreciated.;)

Am going to order the "gear" today. Was just afraid of, as Mewso mentioned earlier, been put off by poor choice in first purchase.:rolleyes:

Am looking forward to it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I got a tank atomiser and cartridges today.
    It seems good so far, I reckon 2 or 3 filled tanks will last you the whole day, meaning you don't have to carry around the eliquid bottles which can leak.

Also I got an email from thebestshop, they've started selling tanks today.

Which raises the question, are the tank cartridges and atomisers from the tornado tank (totallywicket) compatable with the kit available on thebestshop.eu???

Opit, you mentioned something about tanks at the end of this week, have you got them?

Finally we have the eGo-T in Ireland http://www.thebestshop.eu/index.php?searchStr=tank&act=viewCat&Submit=Go

My one is still very good.

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    I got a tank atomiser and cartridges today.
    It seems good so far, I reckon 2 or 3 filled tanks will last you the whole day, meaning you don't have to carry around the eliquid bottles which can leak.

Also I got an email from thebestshop, they've started selling tanks today.

Which raises the question, are the tank cartridges and atomisers from the tornado tank (totallywicket) compatable with the kit available on thebestshop.eu???

Yes because Tornado it's a Joye eGo with different name. No matter what eGo or Tornado kit you have tank system will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Finally we have the eGo-T in Ireland http://www.thebestshop.eu/index.php?searchStr=tank&act=viewCat&Submit=Go

My one is still very good.

Iv'e just bought one for my eGo:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Freshly mixed juice needs about 48 hours to "grow up".

Thanks, only saw this now, it tasted much better after a couple of days, I think i'll reorder the best bottle soon so I can let it settle before I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Yes because Tornado it's a Joye eGo with different name. No matter what eGo or Tornado kit you have tank system will work.

Hmm, so the rip-off'ers have become the rip-off'ees :pac:

Any idea how long the tank atomiser is suppose to last? I've had a bad expereince so far with parts that are suppose to last 2 months lasting 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Having been smoking since 1982 I have been trying the ecigarettes for the first time since a week last Thursday, reducing my roll up use of tobacco to 4 roll ups per day. Having not much money I cannot afford to be adventurous with what I am using, these are the two ecigarettes I am using, Intellicig EVOlution and Gen!us EL:2956 ones. I have almost run out of the cartridges for the Gen!us ones and can only see in the net ads for packs of 10 cartridges whilst I would like to get a pack of 25, but cannot see this. Whats the ratings on these two types of ecigarette, have tried giving up smoking before with Nicorette inhaler and chewing gum, I found the chewing gum to be awful. Anyways Im enjoying the ecigarettes, I just hope I can continue without having to recharge all the time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Having been smoking since 1982 I have been trying the ecigarettes for the first time since a week last Thursday, reducing my roll up use of tobacco to 4 roll ups per day. Having not much money I cannot afford to be adventurous with what I am using, these are the two ecigarettes I am using, Intellicig EVOlution and Gen!us EL:2956 ones. I have almost run out of the cartridges for the Gen!us ones and can only see in the net ads for packs of 10 cartridges whilst I would like to get a pack of 25, but cannot see this. Whats the ratings on these two types of ecigarette, have tried giving up smoking before with Nicorette inhaler and chewing gum, I found the chewing gum to be awful. Anyways Im enjoying the ecigarettes, I just hope I can continue without having to recharge all the time.

You need to invest in a good e-cigarette.After months of trying various ones I think The Joye eGo is the best.It's pricey but you can buy the battery ,the atomiser and charger seperately which will save a small fortune

usb charger

battery

atomiser

liquid

You need to invest in a good e-cigarette.After months of trying various ones I think The Joye eGo is the best.It's pricey but you can buy the battery ,the atomiser and charger seperately which will save a small fortune

usb charger

battery

atomiser

liquid

My counter-proposal is:
    1. http://www.thebestshop.eu/tecc-limited-stock/tecc-tornado-joye-ego-starter-kit/prod_113.html 45 euros for two eGos
    2. http://www.thebestshop.eu/tecc-limited-stock/tornado-joye-ego-compact-kit-black/prod_115.html 30 euro for one eGo with fast charger, juice and carts.

No matter where - buy eGo or Tornado!
    IMHO the best one is with cone shape mega atomizer. Mega atomizer with cylinder shape is bit too big.
    One with 650mAh battery - http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-mega-version-/prod_267.html
    One with 900mAh battery - http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego/joye-super-ego-starter-kit/prod_152.html

Remember to buy empty cartridges and some eliquid.

My counter-proposal is:
    1. http://www.thebestshop.eu/tecc-limited-stock/tecc-tornado-joye-ego-starter-kit/prod_113.html 45 euros for two eGos
    2. http://www.thebestshop.eu/tecc-limited-stock/tornado-joye-ego-compact-kit-black/prod_115.html 30 euro for one eGo with fast charger, juice and carts.

No matter where - buy eGo or Tornado!
    IMHO the best one is with cone shape mega atomizer. Mega atomizer with cylinder shape is bit too big.
    One with 650mAh battery - http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-mega-version-/prod_267.html
    One with 900mAh battery - http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego/joye-super-ego-starter-kit/prod_152.html

Remember to buy empty cartridges and some eliquid.

Yeah i agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Might consider some of these links in a while, cheers for the feedback. I have about 29 cartridges to go through in my Itellicig pack and 3 in my Ge!nus pack. If Im still vaping strong by the 10th cartridge of my intellicig, will consider some of the Best Shop links.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Might consider some of these links in a while, cheers for the feedback. I have about 29 cartridges to go through in my Itellicig pack and 3 in my Ge!nus pack. If Im still vaping strong by the 10th cartridge of my intellicig, will consider some of the Best Shop links.

I'm not familiar with the Intellicig but it looks like you should be able to refill / top up the cartridges. If so you would just need to buy some liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Hmm, so the rip-off'ers have become the rip-off'ees :pac:

Any idea how long the tank atomiser is suppose to last? I've had a bad expereince so far with parts that are suppose to last 2 months lasting 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

My tank atties have gone down hill too after a couple of weeks. I was getting months out of atties when direct dripping. Also batteries that would last a good 9 hours now only last maybe 4 using the tank system.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm really hoping the ProVari lives up to what reviews are saying. My personal love is the "fresh battery" effect of that little bit of extra voltage giving a much more satisfying vape. Also the idea of one unit being perfect for the multitude of different atomisers I have is very appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Monkey Business

i'm looking at giving e-cigarettes a go to help give up smoking.

Came across the one linked below. Thought it looked good. Any feedback on my choice?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/tecc-limited-stock/tornado-joye-ego-compact-kit-black/prod_115.html

• Advertisement

I would recommend this one instead http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-ego-starter-kit-two-full-cigarettes-/prod_64.html
    2 batteries and 2 atomizers included. spend a little bit more now than have you battery or atty die on you later

Advertisement