Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers?

Options
  • 30-01-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

Like any job theres good and bad ones but ive met my share of grassholes and one who was working in my local was previously convicted of assault! Are doormen properly screened in this country or was the criminal around the corner from me a once off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Damn, I thought this thread was about famous dogs from the Australian soap Neighbours :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They are meant to be lisenced... but i don't know if it gets checked out regularly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Like any job theres good and bad ones but ive met my share of grassholes and one who was working in my local was previously convicted of assault! Are doormen properly screened in this country or was the criminal around the corner from me a once off?

Whats a grasshole?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

The only requirement to be a bouncer in Ireland is to be bald.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No boob pics? Misleading thread title! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

They are meant to be lisenced... but i don't know if it gets checked out regularly...

right I was wondering about this I met one last night that was a complete grasshole to a good mate of mine so im wondering is there somebody i can report him to, the manager didnt want to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

They all wear shoes with buckles on them...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

**** most of them. i turned 18 on a sunday so i went out with my friends that saturday night. And this ****er wouldnt let me even though he was willing to let all my friends in. A small bar on the outskirts of a small town!

"come back to me at 12"... What a prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

steddyeddy wrote: »

The Private Security Authority are responsible for issuing licences to door staff & is just another government quango, and just as useless as most of the other's.

Btw whats are "grassholes"?.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

the ones at the place i was at last night were lovely and polite and held the doors open and said thanks have a good night

• Advertisement

UglyFuc wrote: »
    **** most of them. i turned 18 on a sunday so i went out with my friends that saturday night. And this ****er wouldnt let me even though he was willing to let all my friends in. A small bar on the outskirts of a small town!

With that attitude im not surprised. Are you sure he wasn't asking you to stop acting like you're 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

UglyFuc wrote: »

How dare he try to obey the law. This must be stopped! Won't anyone think of the children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I was assaulted by a couple of bouncers a few weeks ago unfortunately, bet the feckers weren't expecting me to report it. Fecker grabbed me around the throat in a strangle hold type thing, then threw me onto the ground and knocked me out(I hit my head). Two of them then decided to carry my unconscious body out into the street and dump it there. Woke up a few mins later, asked for their names and stuff, wouldn't tell me.

And all because a girl in my group was caught with a nagin ffs.

Not gonna tar them all with the same brush though, some are the soundest guys you will meet.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I was assaulted by a couple of bouncers a few weeks ago unfortunately, bet the feckers weren't expecting me to report it. Fecker grabbed me around the throat in a strangle hold type thing, then threw me onto the ground and knocked me out(I hit my head). Two of them then decided to carry my unconscious body out into the street and dump it there. Woke up a few mins later, asked for their names and stuff, wouldn't tell me.

Not gonna tar them all with the same brush though, some are the soundest guys you will meet.

Lies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Whats a grasshole?

It's another way of saying someone's a fupping baxtard.

Lies
    Eh no its not lies at all, but I dont really care if you believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I dont really care if you believe it or not.

More lies.

Eh no its not lies at all, but I dont really care if you believe it or not.

Thank goodness for that

Thank goodness for that

Lies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Whats a grasshole?

Info on Grassholes here!

• Advertisement

Fremen wrote: »
    It's another way of saying someone's a fupping baxtard.

Can you not just say someone is an asshole or a fucking bastard anymore?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

They were worse in the 80's. Steroids!

They were worse in the 80's. Steroids!

No such thing as steroids anymore, or is it that in the 80's you were just a kid and everyone older looked huge?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

All bouncers and security staff are required to have on display at all times thier security badge. not having it on display is punishable by a €3000 euro fine for the individual,company and the client. the only exception to the rule is undercover store detectives who dont have to have it on display but must have it on their person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

hehe, reminds me of a time when I was working in a pub as a bouncer part-time. What most people don't let on is what happens before the bouncer reacts.

Nobody grabbed your throat for no reason. Oh i'd say there's more to this story, speaking from experience of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Bouncers, ladies and gentleman, are more often than not life's failures. I knew some who did the gig as a means to support themselves through college and they tended to be the sounder types. The ones who do the job because it's the only job they're qualified to do tend to be absolutely horrendous human beings. Power-tripping fatty bald pervs. When I was younger I did get bothered by bouncer nonsense but as I got older, and my priorities shifted, I stopped caring. Here's why:

A number of years ago I agreed to meet friends in Flannery's bar on Camden street. (Now, this was after the place was refurbished, extended out the back and ruined.) I was running late simply because I wasn't in the mood of going to Flannery's so I stayed at home a little longer than usual. I got to the bar and made for the door. I got the arm across the chest routine so stood back and waited for the bouncer to speak.
    'Had a few tonight?'
    'Actually no - just coming out now.'
    'Where you coming from?'
    'Home.'
    'Where's home?'
    'What?'
    'Not tonight bud.'
    '...' I then took my phone from my pocket and called my friends, who were inside. I told them what was happening in full earshot of the bouncer. I didn't get angry; I didn't swear or insult the bouncer. I merely told them that I wasn't being allowed in, didn't know why, and that we should probably go somewhere else. They agreed. I was standing off to the side, out of the way of the entrance, looking up towards Rathmines. The bouncer then opened the door.
    'Go on,' he said - attempting to appear magmanimous.
    'No - that's alright,' I replied and waited for my friends to leave the bar. They were all outside with me less than five minutes later and we just went somewhere else. I didn't bother calling the bar or complaining - just voted with my feet. It's just a bar, after all.

It's also nice to take power away from somebody like that; the only power he has is in granting / refusing entry to a bar. Bouncers actually thrive on situations where people, usually intoxicated, remonstrate with them. It validates their position. When you demonstrate that you don't care, the 'power' is gone.

hehe, reminds me of a time when I was working in a pub as a bouncer part-time. What most people don't let on is what happens before the bouncer reacts.

Nobody grabbed your throat for no reason. Oh i'd say there's more to this story, speaking from experience of course.
    We were all asked to leave and I didnt move quick enough(I was waiting for the girl I was with to get her coat) that was literally it. If it was anything else I wouldnt have went to the Gardaí.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Bouncers, ladies and gentleman, are more often than not life's failures. I knew some who did the gig as a means to support themselves through college and they tended to be the sounder types. The ones who do the job because it's the only job they're qualified to do tend to be absolutely horrendous human beings. Power-tripping fatty bald pervs. When I was younger I did get bothered by bouncer nonsense but as I got older, and my priorities shifted, I stopped caring. Here's why:

A number of years ago I agreed to meet friends in Flannery's bar on Camden street. (Now, this was after the place was refurbished, extended out the back and ruined.) I was running late simply because I wasn't in the mood of going to Flannery's so I stayed at home a little longer than usual. I got to the bar and made for the door. I got the arm across the chest routine so stood back and waited for the bouncer to speak.
    'Had a few tonight?'
    'Actually no - just coming out now.'
    'Where you coming from?'
    'Home.'
    'Where's home?'
    'What?'
    'Not tonight bud.'
    '...' I then took my phone from my pocket and called my friends, who were inside. I told them what was happening in full earshot of the bouncer. I didn't get angry; I didn't swear or insult the bouncer. I merely told them that I wasn't being allowed in, didn't know why, and that we should probably go somewhere else. They agreed. I was standing off to the side, out of the way of the entrance, looking up towards Rathmines. The bouncer then opened the door.
    'Go on,' he said - attempting to appear magmanimous.
    'No - that's alright,' I replied and waited for my friends to leave the bar. They were all outside with me less than five minutes later and we just went somewhere else. I didn't bother calling the bar or complaining - just voted with my feet. It's just a bar, after all.

It's also nice to take power away from somebody like that; the only power he has is in granting / refusing entry to a bar. Bouncers actually thrive on situations where people, usually intoxicated, remonstrate with them. It validates their position. When you demonstrate that you don't care, the 'power' is gone.

Wrong, just because you encountered a cnut doesn't make them all cnuts... Actually, most bouncers are fine, a good chunk of them are cnuts.
    We were all asked to leave and I didnt move quick enough(I was waiting for the girl I was with to get her coat) that was literally it. If it was anything else I wouldnt have went to the Gardaí.

Were you moving or were you not? Regardless of what you done, he shouldn't have grabbed your throat and assaulted you. Sounds like a porky pie though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

A number of years ago I agreed to meet friends in Flannery's bar on Camden street.

There's one bloke that works the doors on Flannery's who refuses to let any bloke he recognises as working in Cathal Brugha Barracks into the pub.

It's hilarious, considering he serves in the Brugha himself
    Were you moving or were you not? Regardless of what you done, he shouldn't have grabbed your throat and assaulted you. Sounds like a porky pie though...

Why does it sound like a lie exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Stevo1011

Bouncers are scum, their monkeys basically,

they all wear the same leather jackets from Unique with their Dunnes stores smart shoes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement