Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheGrecian

TheGrecian wrote: »
    Hi,

I'd be much obliged if someone could tell me what my pro points daily allowance is. Also out of interest how many pro points drop from your allowance as you lose stones?

Male
    6'4
    22 stone

Thanks for da help.

Appologies for wrecking heads but would anyone be willing to help me on this. Pretty please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

kashmir wrote: »
    49 weekly points which goes up to 90 on maintenance
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

90 points wow!!

Appologies for wrecking heads but would anyone be willing to help me on this. Pretty please :)

I dont know if anyone will be able to work it out for you, because their is no literature available on how to work out the new pro points your allowed its worked out automatically by the leaders computers at the meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Good bye 23!

Happy birthday Lady! Here's to being fabulous at 24!

mrs wall wrote: »
    great web site, does anyone know seems to be confusion around this
    1 laughig cow = 1 pp but if you calculate 2 its works out at 1 pp also has anyone propointed this thanks

On my calculations the extra light laughing cow triangle are 0...what one's are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

65 daily + 49 weekly treat points

ladypip wrote: »
    I dont know if anyone will be able to work it out for you, because their is no literature available on how to work out the new pro points your allowed its worked out automatically by the leaders computers at the meeting.

Ah Ok I see. Thanks for that mate.

65 daily + 49 weekly treat points

Thanks a mill for that :D

Ah Ok I see. Thanks for that mate.

No probs! welcome on board! be interesting to see how a man gets on at it :D:D

No probs! welcome on board! be interesting to see how a man gets on at it :D:D

HaHa why is this thread dominated by the girlies ye

Did the old system for 3 months in the summer and lost 2 stone, never put it back on due to the lessons learned which tells me its the way forward. Gonna do excercise this time so should be interesting.

Cheers again for the help.

• Advertisement

Did the old system for 3 months in the summer and lost 2 stone, never put it back on due to the lessons learned which tells me its the way forward. Gonna do excercise this time so should be interesting.

Wow, well done for keeping it off. That's a big part of the battle. Good luck with the exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Hi guys! Had my WI today and was down 2.5 pounds, woohoo! Absolutely delighted, would love to be down that again now next week so I can finally get rid of the Xmas buldge!

Bought a calculator and they are truly brilliant! Didn't realize u could use then as a tracker too, think that's so handy cos I hate writing everything out! Gonna use it religiously now!

Congrats to everyone who had losses, glad to see the new system works!

Lainey happy birthday! Hope ud a good one! It's my birthday tomorrow :D

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Hi guys! Had my WI today and was down 2.5 pounds, woohoo! Absolutely delighted, would love to be down that again now next week so I can finally get rid of the Xmas buldge!

Bought a calculator and they are truly brilliant! Didn't realize u could use then as a tracker too, think that's so handy cos I hate writing everything out! Gonna use it religiously now!

Congrats to everyone who had losses, glad to see the new system works!

Lainey happy birthday! Hope ud a good one! It's my birthday tomorrow :D

its my birthday tomorrow! LOL

I will be drinking all round me tomorrow! No point in kidding my self! I want to party party pary! Going to eat sensibly all day tomorrow and ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF MY NIGHT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Didnt know it existed, managed to get five half hours walks in between mon and wed so far this week(my legs are killing me had given up walking completly unless it was to the bus stop), my meeting is in the morning so I will be looking out for this and if it calculates the points i will definitly invest.

Must ask the leader about it next week-she had it at the mtn yesterday. Good luck tomorrow! Fair play with the walking! I went out today & got blisters on my heels so need to invest in better trainers! Gonna get the mini trampoline out for the next few days & stick the ipod on & go mad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

its my birthday tomorrow! LOL

Ha ha no way :D Have a great day and night! Enjoy every minute! I'm goin for dinner & a few drinks so will definitely be using some of my 49 ppts :D

Hi everyone great thread im on pro points since last thursday first weigh in tomorrow.

Big als spicy chicken grill 5ppts
    Aunt bessies great with chicken yorkshire puddings 1ppt each
    Tesco value bagels 6ppts each

Great losses so far hope i can get a good result this week

Regarding Alcohol when i was 16 i was on ww and they used to have a calculation in the booklets for working out points based on alcohol sugars but i paid very little attention since i wasn't drinking at the time i think they have brought that back yet they aren't providing us with the info required to work out specific brand ourselves. Id love to still have those booklets and work it out myself.

Regarding stock cubes. In the ww magazine feb 2011 issue knorr rich beef stock pots are listed as 0 points but my leader quite specify said that they are 1pt im bringing the mag in to her to question her.

There is going to be lots of confusion regarding ww official points and what leaders and other sources say until this system is refined and more literature is released hopefully that isn't too long :)

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Ha ha no way :D Have a great day and night! Enjoy every minute! I'm goin for dinner & a few drinks so will definitely be using some of my 49 ppts :D

I'll be using all my points and then some...but i wont be out for ages again! not going to feel one bit guilty!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!

Thanks a mill for that :D

Lainey how did you work that out? Im asking out of interest because my sister and i are 3 stone apart and yet 3 pro points apart i just dont know how that makes sense.

ladypip wrote: »
    Lainey how did you work that out? Im asking out of interest because my sister and i are 3 stone apart and yet 3 pro points apart i just dont know how that makes sense.

I have the ww calculator, i just put in the age,weight,height,gender
    men are always on higher points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Guys and Gals while i know you should not do it, i think there are certain days where you can write a big n/a across your tracker. For me these days are your Birthday, Wedding day(yours or a family member), some public holidays eg christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Hi all, does anyone know where I'd get 0% fat free greek yoghurt? and what brand? Want to get it to make the creamy curry recipe out of the ww starter pack! I got the 0% fat free last week at a fluke in a garage I was driving by (don't live anywhere near this garage just happened to be passing!). This week I've tried Tesco, Superquinn and Superquinn Select I can't get it anywhere. Does anyone know know which brand to get even (I can't remember what brand I had originally!!)? Or where to get it? Help ould be really aprreciated the curry was yummy!! Although I'd use less greek yoghurt this time and more curry powder and the recipe is very filling-it says it serves 4 but you;d easily serve 5-6 people with it cos its quite luscious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Hiya the brand is Total and they used to stock it in Tesco's , but they didn't have it when I went to get it last week. I used Yeo Valley fat free natural yogurt instead & it worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭lynsalot

Hi guys
    I went back for my weigh in last night for week 1 of WW pro points and found I'd lost 11lbs. I'm ashamed to tell people because I think there has to be something wrong.

First of all let me tell you I like weight watchers because it suits me. I get overwhelmed trying to follow other programs or remember advice so find weight watchers works for me.

I was eating a lot of things like naan breads and hot dogs and full fat cheese (I know!) and this last week everything changed. I have calorie controlled toast (2 slices) with a banana on for breakfast, maybe followed by an orange or grapes and coffee.

Lunch was a wrap with tuna or ham with salad and a teaspoon light mayo and LF cheese.

Dinner was chicken or quorn with lots and lots of veggies - peppers, brocolli, mushrooms, courgettes, carrot, sometimes nuts, onion, etc etc all stir fried with a teaspoon of olive oil and soy sauce and fresh lime juice.

At the weekend I had 2 glasses red wine, some LF crisps. Also eating LF yoghurts and sodas and lots and lots of water.

I'm walking every day approx 45 minutes and did a 4 hours walk on sunday

My diet is enjoyable. I feel fit and healthy. No more heartburn for me. Sleeping well. Delighted. But... 11lbs... I'm afraid I must've done something wrong?

I'll also state I've a LOT of weight to lose (like 8 stone to BMI of 25) - nearly 9 last week.

I know some of it must've been water but I expect people to criticise me but I think my diet was good. I ate eggs this week too, no red meat though, maybe thats it.

Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭lynsalot

Oh the other thing is I should be eating like 43 pro points a week or something silly but I'm not. I think it comes in at like 30 or 35 and i'm not a bit hungry or anything. TBH I know that i'm eating less than the points allowance so I didn't count it up because the new plan is a little complicated and i'm still learning the ropes

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I should ask this too do I go by the fat or saturated fat for the disk or apps? Also Knorr quick lunch curry rice is now 9 pp is that right,I used to be 2 points I think?Thanks in advance for reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dublin Girl

Hi guys,

First weigh in last night and i was down 5.5lb. Thrilled, great start to what is going to be a long weight loss journey.

I asked about the fry light, the leader still claims up to 4 sprays is free, where the book states its 1. I'm going to keep pointing it just to be safe.
    She also said for things like packs of ham, it works out 3 points for the pack of 5 slices (Denny cooked ham), so if you're only using one slice on a sandwich it has to be pointed as 1pp.

Anyway, happy counting everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dundalklad

Hi there -

Congratulations thats an amazing loss. As you have a large amount of weight to lose a big loss in week one is not out of the ordinary - also as you are not eating all of your points you have done something like the equivialnt of the old fast track plan which probably boosted your loss but this is not sustainable over the long term and not healthy. I've lost 4.5 stone in the last year on the old plan and had my first weigh in on propoints last night and was down four and a half pounds which shows the plan works considering I did eat every point every day and spent my full 49 on a night out. If I was you I would try my best to eat all of your daily allowance - perhaps you could change to full fat milk or butter and have an extra treat or two to bring you up to your full daily allowance? Anyway thats my advice! I wish you the very best of luck and congrats again :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

That's a brilliant result & a great kick start to your diet. I lost 8 lbs (still have about 1.5 stone to lose) on my first week, so I think it might be a first week thing! I ate all my points each day, but didn't touch my bonus ones (didn't have an occasion:() so try to eat your daily allowance so your body has enough fuel to burn the fat. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hi girls,
    In relation to this curry what powder did you use?
    I always used the seasoning style powder which was always 0 points.
    How are you pointing it now on pp?
    I will look up the recipe tonight but in general use curry powder in cooking with lowfat natural yoghurt as it was free. used loads of it too so if it's high now I give up :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement