Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who are the rubberbandits?

Options
  • 15-12-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

ul students? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

The rumour is that one of them is an english student in TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

zweton wrote: »
    ul students? :)

I thought all Limerick people knew who they were. I went to school with one of them. He now teaches art.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I heard they were LIT students and that their tears are made of pure mercury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Willie O'Dea is clearly one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

"the grand pricks of prank phonecalls"...... how they've evolved :D

Indeed, they're identity would be relatively well known in limerick for years but that would spoil half the fun!!

They've been boards members for 5 years :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=50082

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I heard their faces appear on the national stamps of Lichtenstein...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I heard their faces appear on the national stamps of Lichtenstein...

I heard they are the reason the river runs through Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I remember their prank phonecalls from years back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think there was one stage where everyone in school in limerick had a blank CD with the phone call on them. They should release them again off the back of the xmas no1, very funny better than the songs even though the songs are brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

They fought for King Limerick in 1916 and were put in storage after we got our potatoes back from the British. Willie O'Dea used some of his moustache hairs to release them from their bronze exteriors in 2005 so they could show him the uh-oh end of a pistol from the non-uh-oh end.

willie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Insect, nominate this for thread of the week :D

I would sincerely hope that if someone was stupid enough to post their names up here that the Mods would remove it.

Part of the laugh of it all is the "who are they factor"

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

The Bird in the blue in their video is a ride!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

I'm the Rubberbandits and so's my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,130 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

One of them is a former member of this group:

photo-1.jpeg

The other is the Stig. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 nickobrien1986

Their real names are Frank Shalloo and Jasper McGuigan. They revealed it on their Bebo page three years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Some say dey're from out aroun' Balla and are responsible for de plastic bag tax ...

Some say dey're refugees from West Clare and surfed in from Doolin to Ardnacrusha via Bunratty ...

Some say dey're Willie O'Dea's parents and stole condoms from de johnny machine out in de Hi-Way ...

Some say dey starred as CatWoman in de BatMan movies and as Hannibal Lecter in Silence of de Lambs ...

... all we know is dey're called de Rubber Bandits

Their real names are Frank Shalloo and Jasper McGuigan. They revealed it on their Bebo page three years ago.

Frank Shalloo was (or is if he's still about) a decent teacher, always thought he got a bad time of it, he was a nice enough guy.

Frank Shalloo was (or is if he's still about) a decent teacher, always thought he got a bad time of it, he was a nice enough guy.

Wonder is he still around. I remember him one day I was caught going to Macs by him at Lunch. He left me off.. sound chap altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

off topic but good auld Frank is alive and well met him a few weeks ago

kilburn wrote: »
    off topic but good auld Frank is alive and well met him a few weeks ago

That's good to hear, gentleman and a scholar.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

frank shalloo is a hero. still see him round the school every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Frank Shalloo - I remember one of the lads threw a sandwich in the bin one day and Shalloo took it back out and ate it in front of the class. :D

The Rubberbandits are Des Harty and Joe Madden...so I hear.

RonMexico wrote: »
    Frank Shalloo - I remember one of the lads threw a sandwich in the bin one day and Shalloo took it back out and ate it in front of the class. :D

The Rubberbandits are Des Harty and Joe Madden...so I hear.

Joe Madden.. Ha ha I forgot about him. Credit the giver and Debit the receiver.. Ah Punky how we laughed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Word on the street Blindboy is Peter Clohessy and Celia Holman Lee is the skinny one, fair play to her for getting her baps out on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 nickobrien1986

Ardscoil great school. Full of mad characters. Surprisingly most of us did quite well out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

cronin_j wrote: »
    Joe Madden.. Ha ha I forgot about him. Credit the giver and Debit the receiver.. Ah Punky how we laughed!

Ah the memories! "I don't give lines, I give tigers" :D

Always thought he had some sort of mystical Chinese prophet look about him! :D Sound bloke though, had a pint with him a few years back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ardscoil great school. Full of mad characters. Surprisingly most of us did quite well out of it.

Sure they're mad proud of me in there. Mod of the Midwest Forum and everything! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Advertisement