Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Keith186 wrote: »
    I asked that a while back. Short answer is no.

Check a few pages back for a link to a forum on xda which has discussion and developments on it.
    Eh... not entirely correct. 1st, this isn't really the thread for it but anwyay media files can be streamed from your PC/NAS to your PS3 via either Windows Media Player 11 or PS3 Media Server. What you're looking for is the really lovely XBMC interface - it's not here yet but people are working on it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Can anyone recommend a Twitpic app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Yi Harr wrote: »
    There's a NES and SNES emulator already up (NESOID and SNESOID lite). Screen is a bit small and controls take a bit of mastering (hopefully they'll get updated) but with the amount of ROMS that are available for both there's a lot of gaming to be had.

Aha. Any Commodore Amiga, commodore 64 emulator apps that anyone know of ? Now that would be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Aha. Any Commodore Amiga, commodore 64 emulator apps that anyone know of ? Now that would be sweet.
    MAAAAME........ I want MAAAAAAAME :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

There's a MAME in development apparently, currently only playing some capcom, cave and neo-geo. You'll need to dl from:

http://g-arcade.appspot.com/ and use the apk installer.

For the commodore think theres an emu called 'C64 Frodo' or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is there anything better than the default mp3 player on the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Can anyone recommend a Twitpic app?

Most of the good twitter apps, like touiteur and twidroid, allow you to post pics direct to Twitpic or yfrog or any other twitter linked image site of your choosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Darksaga87 wrote: »

Cubed is excellent. It's down in the marked as being "3" superscript as in the mathematical notation for cubed. Just search for rockon in the market.

Tunewiki is also good. It downloads the lyrics to songs as they play. Not a feature I use a lot, but tune wiki is also excellent for shoutcast radio.

I tend to use 3 to listen to the music on my phone and tune wiki for listening to some of the Irish radio stations like phantom, newstalk or today fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

TuneWiki I loved but since Froyo it ceases every time when I shuffle all the songs? Anybody getting the same?

M
    ceejay wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've just downloaded doubleTwist today. Looks good, pretty basic but exactly what I was looking for.

Is the skip song\pause function working correctly?
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    I've just downloaded doubleTwist today. Looks good, pretty basic but exactly what I was looking for.

madmoe wrote: »
    Is the skip song\pause function working correctly?
    Yeah, both work fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Darksaga87 wrote: »

I like Mixzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭long_b

madmoe wrote: »
    TuneWiki I loved but since Froyo it ceases every time when I shuffle all the songs? Anybody getting the same?

M

Tunewiki is effed up on Froyo.
    Won't stream properly anymore for me.
    They're aware of the streaming issue and are working on a fix.

Not sure about yours but you should drop then a quick line if you have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Goal.com is the best app for soccer info and lineups etc. Soccer Livescores pulls info from LiveScore.com and is an awesome app to get all the scores quickly.

I flashed 2.1 the other day, and I unticked "Auto Retrieve Messages" in the stock messaging app, however it's still updating it, it's quite annoying as I use HandCent. Anyone any idea's how to stop it?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Dave147 wrote: »
    Goal.com is the best app for soccer info and lineups etc. Soccer Livescores pulls info from LiveScore.com and is an awesome app to get all the scores quickly.

I flashed 2.1 the other day, and I unticked "Auto Retrieve Messages" in the stock messaging app, however it's still updating it, it's quite annoying as I use HandCent. Anyone any idea's how to stop it?

As far as I know, it will retrieve the normal text messages anyway (isn't that an option for the MMS ones, though?), but that won't make a difference in the end.

Or do you mean you still get the notifications for each text, both from the stock and Handcent?

If that's the case, just disable notifications in the stock app's settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

downloaded "cubed". ill give it a lash and see how it goes.

Also, it didnt appear when i searched "rockon" Just typed in cubed.
    Dont know how to make superscript on my droid keyboard.

Still wont work for me :-(
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    Yeah, both work fine for me.

That's a shame. It's a real tidy music player. I'm not bothered about wiki details/revolving cube based navigation.

Just a nice clean intuitive interface.

What phone you using? It works fine on my non-rooted desire.

• Advertisement

U using stock headphones which I hate or iPhone 3GS ones?

I usually just use standard iPhone earphones as I never really have too much use for the headphone controls.

It works perfectly with the stock HTC ear phones though. Just checked it out there.

I'm using 3GS ones and it used to work fine but now doesn't. Works fine on stock player but none other!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Been using nimbuz now for two weeks, have to say not impressed.

Tends to not send messages from me to targets, tends not to send me emssages from targets, all a bit buggy and slow.

Might try fring.

Anyone experience any other good im app?

I want to incorparate everything into the one like

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Have you tried eBuddy yet?A few people I know love it
    I used to use Palringo too which was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

If you're into ringtones and wallpapers, Zedge is a must-have app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone got a radio app that will let me stream BBC radio or listen to it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone got a radio app that will let me stream BBC radio or listen to it at all?

http://www.appbrain.com/app/daapps.media.bbc

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Adamcp898 wrote: »

http://www.appbrain.com/app/radiotime.player
    Best radio app I've ever seen, it has a gajillion radio stations from all over the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Doesnt let me install, I assume its because its a paid app?

EDIT: Meant to quote the radio time link

http://www.appbrain.com/app/radiotime.player

Think that bbc media app will only let me listen to the world service. Need one for BBC Radio 1, 5 Live etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement