Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI shares steadily rising... Worth a punt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'd like to see the FESX take out it's trend support before I went calling for a sell off but if you're specifically talking about BOI then I dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Idu wrote: »
    I'd like to see the FESX take out it's trend support before I went calling for a sell off but if you're specifically talking about BOI then I dont know

boi down -9.00% s&p falling, uk downgrade, greenspan worried about us comercial bank capital, us job figures, rally running out of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

bit of profit taking today me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I'd watch them. Big news this morning about another US bank folding. Will most likely effect the market over here in the short to mid term. So even if BOI go up they will come down imo.

12c was the time to buy 3 months ago.

eddie73 wrote: »
    I'd watch them. Big news this morning about another US bank folding. Will most likely effect the market over here in the short to mid term. So even if BOI go up they will come down imo.

12c was the time to buy 3 months ago.

i agree, we woint see 12c again, Leg down back to @1.00eu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

heading north this morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TTNYWWBM

BOI closed at 1.46 on Friday the 22nd May.

Now is the time to buy before the "Bad bank" alleviates debts off BOI and AIB!

If any share is progressively gaining value (ignoring day to day blips) then it's a good time to buy! ;)

But now this Bad Bank move by the Govt should cause the bank shares to rise sharply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

TTNYWWBM wrote: »
    BOI closed at 1.46 on Friday the 22nd May.

Now is the time to buy before the "Bad bank" alleviates debts off BOI and AIB!

If any share is progressively gaining value (ignoring day to day blips) then it's a good time to buy! ;)

But now this Bad Bank move by the Govt should cause the bank shares to rise sharply!

I jumped back in just before close on Friday.
    I think im gonna hold these until they go above that price. Ill put a fairly far stop at first and then once they start going up above what i bought them at i'll trail the stop behind until it falls enough to hit it.

Hopeflly they'll start upward soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

are ye guys spreadbetting or actually buying shares?

Looks like leg down has started.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

You don't see them dropping below a euro again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Glacier wrote: »

how can you say that? if somthing happens that is bad for irish banks, then ofcourse they will !!!

I'm asking what others think, I asked before if you thought there would come a moment when it seemed the worst was over & once nationalisation was out of the way do you think it would basically be a steady rise from then on, are you saying that some people think now is the time?

Not on this Leg down but not saying they will never see 1euro again on bad news etc, feel they will hit support at @1.20+- before next leg up.

Don't blink :)

Don't blink :)

yea, when possitive us news was released i bought boi and made some profit on the bounce, stll think we will go lower before next Leg up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

ranger4 wrote: »
    yea, when possitive us news was released i bought boi and made some profit on the bounce, stll think we will go lower before next Leg up.

Would you have another dip in the pool below 120c ranger?. I was thinking that there would be further unemployent level rises and as a result, further bad credit card debt and following that more threats of foreclosures. I might take a punt and i mean 'gamble' on boi again if it went below the euro, not a big punt but something to take on holiday.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Would you have another dip in the pool below 120c ranger?. I was thinking that there would be further unemployent level rises and as a result, further bad credit card debt and following that more threats of foreclosures. I might take a punt and i mean 'gamble' on boi again if it went below the euro, not a big punt but something to take on holiday.

I would be buying boi below or at 1.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

It's tough being right the whole time. I'm still waiting for this sell off you called

sold out at 1.62 . Nearly €200 profit.

Lets see If it falls tomorrow. I might get back in then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

sold out at 1.62 . Nearly €200 profit.

Lets see If it falls tomorrow. I might get back in then.

You lucky fecker! :D I'm still messing with the simulator, have lost £900 already. Made 33c yesterday though!!:pac:

Thank God it's not real money or I wouldn't be in just a good mood:eek:

AntiRip wrote: »
    You lucky fecker! :D I'm still messing with the simulator, have lost £900 already. Made 33c yesterday though!!:pac:

Thank God it's not real money or I wouldn't be in just a good mood:eek:

If it was real money you would be ore careful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

I did well, b ut i should have held on longer!

Bought 3000 BOI @ .20 and sold @ .65.

Still a lot better than a kick in the head!!!

Still watching and waiting.

Dont forget your capital Gains tax lads!!!

shanemort wrote: »
    I did well, b ut i should have held on longer!

Bought 3000 BOI @ .20 and sold @ .65.

Still a lot better than a kick in the head!!!

Still watching and waiting.

Dont forget your capital Gains tax lads!!!

When you say watching and waiting are thinking about making a long-term bet? May be a stupid question but when do you think we will have a real idea about the long term future of the Banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

When you say watching and waiting are thinking about making a long-term bet? May be a stupid question but when do you think we will have a real idea about the long term future of the Banks?

God i wish i knew, Im no expert, i'm waiting for the day the USA shares do well, and then i'll buy more BOi + AIB as the recent trends are that if USA does well a day or so later the irish shares go up also.

I've been watching and recently if you buy in the morning and sell by lunch time there is a small profit to be had.

But dont listen to me, im only a begineer

It's tough being right the whole time. I'm still waiting for this sell off you called

Managed to buy aib at 1.40 last week and sold today at 1.61, probably will see further gains for few more days but i feel the expected negitive Local elections will spell disaster for ff which in turn will bring a level of uncertainty back into iseq with the chance of a collapse of gov with no confidence call in ff, Not a bad idea to take some profits i feel before the **** hits the fan.

Hi Everyone,

Todays the day the announcement on the banks is coming out!

IF ITS GOOD NEWS BOI AND AIB WILL SKYROCKET IN VALUE!

Hi Everyone,

Todays the day the announcement on the banks is coming out!

Who has the nerves of steel? Sell now at a profit

or

Risk a bad announcement and the share price will freefall!

Decisions... Decisions... :confused:

Any thoughts everyone?

What announcement? Nationalisation?

Wednesday the 3rd Isn't today the day we get a Yay or Nay on NAMA?

I saw one trade of over 700,000 BOI shares a few days ago whoever bought all those must know something we don't?

At that level that's 1.1m shares, whoowee that's something!

Insider knowledge???

Personally I think the NAMA plan has to go ahead or our main two banks will be slower to recover.

Cowen has dropped enough hints that its going ahead, in his subtle as a mullingar bullock style. :)

• Advertisement

Wednesday the 3rd Isn't today the day we get a Yay or Nay on NAMA?

I saw one trade of over 700,000 BOI shares a few days ago whoever bought all those must know something we don't?

At that level that's 1.1m shares, whoowee that's something!

Insider knowledge???

Personally I think the NAMA plan has to go ahead or our main two banks will be slower to recover.

Cowen has dropped enough hints that its going ahead, in his subtle as a mullingar bullock style. :)

so if the NAMA plan does go ahead as you predict, whats the immediate effect on share price - increase, right?

Advertisement