Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

On my Mastercard the interest on cash advances starts accruing immediately, and there's also a fee for having made the cash withdrawal, just a point to note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

No, he gave me the money out of his wallet and claimed later
    that he took money our with his Visa at a later date.
    Which would be strange as he had plenty of money in his bank account.

If someone had payed ATM charges in the process of getting out money for me it would only be right to offer them €5 to cover it.

Maybe other cards are different but with my cards you don't start to accrue interest until you owe money for at least a month.

This guy just was terrified that he might end up out of pocket and went off trying to calculate charges based on APR, etc and came up with some ridiculous figure.

i have an ebs credit card and hes correct
    interest free period is only on purchases
    on cash advances u pay innterest from the day u borrow it until the day its paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I was working in a cafe during this summer. This man would come in the odd time,you know the type nobody really wants to serve,kind of weird.Well there was a table in the corner which one of the waitress' cleared,and knocked 2 euro off it in the process.(the cafe was empty at this time bar the man).I witnessed him put down his knife and fork,walk the opposite side of the restaurant and pocket the tip which had fallen(the waitress could not pick it up as she was carrying a try) as she stood over him.

In the same restuarant,a customer was outraged one day as his portion of chips had 49 chips,and he had go 54 the previous time and was appalled that we could somehow charge the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Stocious77

The meanest person I ever met in my life was my ex. I met his family about nine months after meeting him. His sister & mother asked me did I not find him mean but it took me a while to see beyond the rose tinted glasses. His 3 brothers and his father on meeting me asked me "what the hell are you doing with him?" I was stunned but then got very wary & learned the biggest lesson of my life, he turned out to be such a louse I am mortified I ever went near him.
    He had his own loo roll in his room in his house share, in fact he never left a thing in the bathroom, that should have been a big warning....He rarely bought himself clothes if he did they had to be from the bargain basement & he'd wear them to the threads. I learned later he was spending his money on dope & E's & coke.
    He always ordered himself a pint & a whiskey when it was my round
    He never bought me birthday gifts he conveniently took a break around my birthday! No xmas cards, valentines was completely ignored until I encouraged for us to at least go to dinner, it was always dutch payment & I always paid over the odds be it into clubs, taxis, take aways etc.
    he turned up to my cousins wedding at 3 in the morning after not coming as my partner & partying in town all night and then accused me of snogging my Godsons buddy who was waiting in line to use a bathroom beside me. He "brought" me to the Aran Islands, he made me pay half the petrol & the ferry over. I thought we'd spend the 2 nights in a b&b or the hotel.......nope, I could'nt believe it when he was actually serious that we were to camp in a €7 a nite per person field, of course he needed an atm when the farmer called for the €14! It was easter, freezing, I had a badly sprained ankle & no power in my mobile....2 nights in hell. I noticed a girl I recognised in 3 of the bars we went to......he made sublte remarks about where a "friend" had told him to go while there, it turned out to be a girl he cheated on me with & there she was also in the Aran Islands at the same time. I nearly vomited. No point complaining, no ferry til the next evening so I made the most of it but lost ALL respect for him after that the KRUD!
    He dumped me a week before my finals with no warning and no explanation, no build up of rows. He just roared down the phone that he was on his way to see spiderman and would talk to me later...then had the cheek to ask 3 wks later after no contact how my results went! He came back a few months later & talked about patching things up & being sorry for all he did but forgot to tell me he had a new girlfriend
    He came to parties I was at , he rang & emailed me to follow his sisters travel blog......this is where I discovered his new girlfriend, who he was cheating on with me at the time) as there were notes from all the family & friends leaving comments on his new squeeze & she was on it too all lovey dovey......this is also where he had a connection to a woman he denied cheating on me with through the relationship but lo and behold there was her travel blog too and his sister & the new girlfriend all friends. The best is he mails me to announce that he got the new girlfriend pregnant after 3 months of dating her, I wish him well but am terribly upset.
    I find his yahoo answers page, it seems he wants to be found as he uses his common known email username... and he has awful things written about his new girlfriend......he wants to walk away......she is the anti christ...... he does'nt love her bla bla. He rings me up to say this also.
    The other day out of the blue, having not heard anything from the guy for months, no "how are you", no nothing, he sends me a video of the new girlfriend making the new baby laugh I am again stunned, the next day he sends me pictures of the baby. I never asked for this!!!
    I would'nt mind if we were friends but this guy was nothing but misery for me & now he thinks he's being generous by rubbing the kid & girlfriend God help her) in my face. He says "I thought you would like to see the video seeing as you work with kids", ??? So do you think I should send him a video of my new laptop with my new boyfriend lying beside it just cos he works with computers???
    I know now I was a fool for letting him use me & I regret how I took his word & trusted him, he was pretty good at lying, but talk about taking the absolute biscuit! I dont even know how people get to be like him. We both had good jobs but he had massive debt and a nasty drug habit as I discovered in the end. He said he would need a "sugar Mummy" because he'd probably never get approved for a mortgage due to bad credit, I used to think he was joking...but he's found her & her mortgage now even though he calls her & the new baby the antichrist. Lovely. Wonder how long it'll take him to do a runner? This guy is thirty eight yrs old, you would think he was 15 reading this would'nt you!
    Will NEVER get hoodwinked by a Stingy freakoid again in my entire life! He is the epitome of MEAN in every possible way you could imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Personal Issues thataway
    >

EDIT: Also if you go past PI and take a right the Jerry Springer show is filming, might be more suitable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

LOL

Personal Issues thataway
    >

EDIT: Also if you go past PI and take a right the Jerry Springer show is filming, might be more suitable

sorry for yas guys but that is the answer to the ops question I think it classifies as the answer to the question, if it's a personal issue it's my Exes not mine LOL:D

Personal Issues thataway
    >

EDIT: Also if you go past PI and take a right the Jerry Springer show is filming, might be more suitable[/quote

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do that is the question and that up there is my answer. If it was me that was stingy aka mean then if I had an issue with it I would have posted in PI but I'm not and I dont. My ex does. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Stocious77 wrote: »

he was spending his money on dope & E's & coke.

He just roared down the phone that he could see spiderman .

That musta been strong dope.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

When I read posts like the one above I am at a complete loss to understand why a woman would stay with a loser like that.
    It does seem to happen though, again and again and again.

Who was the guy like?
    He must have been totally burnt out.
    Holding down a job, three girlfriends and all the while keeping a few different drug habits going.
    10 out of 10 for multi-tasking abilities....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭copperfacegaz

During my poverish college days i was going out with a girl. It was a saturday night and i explained to her i had no money to go out so she suggested she come over to mine and we stay in watch a video and have a few cans,, grand me thinks.
    She arrives and we go to the off licence , i didnt buy anything but she states "not to worry" . Anyway she buys 4 cans of Bulmers and i have just enough to buy a packet of popcorn.
    Back at my place i was waiting on "heres a can" ,,, but it never came !! she continued to drink the 4 cans of bulmers watching a video while she dipped her hand into my popcorn!!! (oh yeah on her 3rd can she did ask me if i wud like a sip !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

When I read posts like the one above I am at a complete loss to understand why a woman would stay with a loser like that.
    It does seem to happen though, again and again and again.

Who was the guy like?
    He must have been totally burnt out.
    Holding down a job, three girlfriends and all the while keeping a few different drug habits going.
    10 out of 10 for multi-tasking abilities....
    Cause women are weird. They could be gettin 7 shades of sh!t slapped out of them by their bf. Try and intervene and youre the one suddenly gettin your eyes scratched out by her. Weirdos:mad: (not based on personal experience but ive seen it from the tree)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Cause women are weird. They could be gettin 7 shades of sh!t slapped out of them by their bf. Try and intervene and youre the one suddenly gettin your eyes scratched out by her. Weirdos:mad: (not based on personal experience but ive seen it from the tree)

I know, it happened me before when I tried to intervene when I saw a fella hit his missus on Abbey Street.
    I didn't hit the bloke, I just pushed him against a wall to try to calm him down.
    Next thing his missus jumped on my back and started screamin "leave him alone, you'll kill him".
    What can you do?
    It wouldn't be nice to walk away and read in the papers the next day about a woman getting beaten to death on Abbey Street.
    I suppose it worked really as my actions distracted them from fighting each other and they went off together happy enought.

RE the bloke in the previous posts.
    Was he really stingy?
    If I was sustaining 3 drug habits and 3 girlfriends I recokon I'd be budgeting pretty tightly too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I know a guy whose birthday is around Christmas time, on Christmas day he was given a card for his birthday by his girlfriend along with her present so she wouldn't have to give him something a couple of days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Min wrote: »
    I know a guy whose birthday is around Christmas time, on Christmas day he was given a card for his birthday by his girlfriend along with her present so she wouldn't have to give him something a couple of days later.

In fairness, they might have come to that arrangment..lots of couples do.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

In fairness, they might have come to that arrangment..lots of couples do.:)

No, he was saying how stingy she was, she didn't ask, she just chose to but she will want her present and card etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Here's a good un.... Golf outing,everyone brings a prize and the winner gets first pick and so on.No one knows who contributed what.All put on a table together

Close to Xmas ,so the second prizewinner chose a nice bottle of Jamison .

Aparently when he went to have a snifter after the Xmas dinner he got....cold fcuking tea!!!:D:D:D

Brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sprinklesspanky

Huggles wrote: »
    One of my mates is pretty bad. When we all go for a meal together she will take a calculator out and calculate her portion of the meal down to the last cent.

Awesome. That is a great idea, I always get stuck paying a percentace of someone else's meal when all I've had is a salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

I steal food from my brother and mams house

thank **** they aint on bords or the locks would be changed

now getting peckish for some freezer suprise!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

I seen a well dressed middle aged woman going through a bin in St Stephens Green. It was an odd sight. She retrieved a newspaper with bits of an orange on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Why has this not been stickied yet?

I have another little anecdote to add...

I organise a weekly kickabout on the local all-weather pitch. One particular guy, who I have mentioned in previous rants in this thread, never pays his share of the cost of the facility.

Either he gets a sub from someone who doesn't know about his tricks or he hands the person collecting the money a handful of change that comes to about a euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

Here's a good un.... Golf outing,everyone brings a prize and the winner gets first pick and so on.No one knows who contributed what.All put on a table together

Close to Xmas ,so the second prizewinner chose a nice bottle of Jamison .

Aparently when he went to have a snifter after the Xmas dinner he got....cold fcuking tea!!!:D:D:D

He doesn't happen to have any teenagers in the house does he?? Brings back a few memories

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

greetings wrote: »

In the same restuarant,a customer was outraged one day as his portion of chips had 49 chips,and he had go 54 the previous time and was appalled that we could somehow charge the same price.

Id have mathematically worked it out so he only paid 49/54s of the usual price just to see the look on his face. And then asked him never to darken my doors again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

I remember Dublin were playing Cork years and years ago in Croke Park, 2 Cork lads were looking for a ticket, some guy offered them spares at face value. The Cork lads tried to haggle him down saying it was close to kick off and so on, so the seller got fed up after about 30 seconds, tears up the tickets in front of them and throws the remains in the air and walks off.

Brilliant. The face on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I remember Dublin were playing Cork years and years ago in Croke Park, 2 Cork lads were looking for a ticket, some guy offered them spares at face value. The Cork lads tried to haggle him down saying it was close to kick off and so on, so the seller got fed up after about 30 seconds, tears up the tickets in front of them and throws the remains in the air and walks off.

Brilliant. The face on them.

:pac:

Living proof that there's a thin line between genius and insanity. Im gonna lean towards "genius" on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I hate mean people.

The really, really mean kind who always missed their round even before the R word was mentioned. The kind who always sit on their hands when the charity box went around the office.

My favourite was a friend of a friends Dad who had two TVs on top of each other. Because one had no sound and the other had no picture :pac:

So whats the worst you've ever heard?

The worst of all ,is this girl in our job that scrounges in the staff canteen.Her husband is loaded and she is quite high up in our organisation,they live in a huge house,drive top of the line cars and she wears top of the range clothes .In the canteen she will buy slices of bread with a free tea and ask the other people at the table for items off their plates "just to make a sandwich"Are you going to eat all those chips?,are you finished with that meat?etc,etc.If you leave anything on your plate she will ask to finish it.Just before christmas she asked one of the girls was she finished with her half eaten cereal.She just handed it over as she was put off ,by her watching her eat.(by the way this girl is as thin as a rake,i don't think its an eating disorder its down to not wanting to spend money).
    She found out that one of the girls had a sister(with staff discount) in a shoe shop down the country,and drove down to avail of the discount.
    She asked one of the new girls in the job would she babysit her kids(no money involved)since she had let slip at the table she had no plans for the weekend.You could actually make a tv programme about her.People go on break with her to see what she will do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

I gave a friend €2 once to get me a drink in the shop. I wanted a bottle of coke, and I said she could keep the change.

She came back with a 50 cent score bottle, and nabbed the €1.50!

I didn't really complain, rather applauded her for such a job well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

Once, while i was on the bus, i overheard two young lads(probably in secondary school), goin on how they had no money for drink this coming friday(alcohol, obviously). One of them suggested they do a "collection". Intrigued, i followed them off the bus for a bit. They went up to someone holding a collection bucket for the disabled who was apparently their friend and asked if they cold borrow his bucket. Again, i followed them to a corner of a street where they almost forced the money out of an old man's pocket, saying they were collecting money "for the victims of 9/11"-it was practically robbery. Disgusted, I approached them and questioned their "motives". One of them immediately produced a knife and told me to "donate" or i would soon be a victim of something else. I backed away onto the main street where there where lots of people and they soon backed away into an alley like a couple of snakes. This immoral and macabre display has stuck with me as a shining example of how most of today's teenagers are egotistical and corrupt-and for that they deserve something i rarely give out: FIVE frowny faces:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: also one for the poor man:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I know this guy working for a bank who loaned himself 10Millions Euro and then told the government to bail out his bank.

What an As*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement