Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs that pay way too much for the work done

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bono - nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

too numerous to name in this country where we pay each other so much , i choose guards , a seargant which is just one promotion is paid over 60 grand a year and thats not counting over time , most guards do feck all as being a guard is a doss unless your in a rough area and most areas in ireland are still not that rough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Footballers It's not exactly a job, panzies running around.

Consultants, especially the medical TARDS, who tell you "you have ulcers, that will be 80 euro please" They told me that in the hospital you muppet.

Pharmasists get paid too much? ROFL. Considering the 7+ years of crap they have to put up with to get into that position, why shouldn't they. They are very like consultants that you don't have to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

irish_bob wrote: »
    too numerous to name in this country where we pay each other so much , i choose guards , a seargant which is just one promotion is paid over 60 grand a year and thats not counting over time , most guards do feck all as being a guard is a doss unless your in a rough area and most areas in ireland are still not that rough

What rock did you climb out from under?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

deadhead13 wrote: »
    The highest paid polictians of all OECD countries who spend the least amount of time in parliament i.e. ours.

they maybe be overpaid which they are but the less time they spend in the dail the less damage they can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Pharmasists get paid too much? ROFL. Considering the 7+ years of crap they have to put up with to get into that position, why shouldn't they. They are very like consultants that you don't have to pay.

where are you getting these 7+ years from????

What rock did you climb out from under?

do elaborate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

3/4 managers in the HSE
    all ministers
    anyone connected wth ff:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

sillymoo wrote: »
    where are you getting these 7+ years from????

It may not be 7 years exactly but it's a 4 year undergraduate degree followed by a one-year placement before sitting the licence exam for the pharmaceutical society of Ireland. For many it's also working our ass off in 5th and 6th yr too to get the points but technically it's 5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Many of the Grade VIII's and above in the HSE.
    Politicians/Junior ministers/junior ministers "special advisors" i.e. their sons
    Many Hospital Domestic staff
    Lawyers and Solicitors
    Anyone involved in conveyancing. You can do it yourself for free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Footballers, Actors, Tv People, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Bono - nuff said.

A clown yes but i'd be fairly certain Bono has put in a lot of hard work to get where he is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

I work for an American insurance company that outsources its software people in Ireland I have to say that the Managers and "team leads" - glorified gob shi*e managers which anybody can do and there is one for every 2 employee's, get paid a lot more than the people doing the work and all they do is sit on their holes and handle the holidays and timesheets... god forbid should they ever do a little bit of work... yet they get all the cudos and thanks for the work the employee's do!!!

And management... well... they just talk crap all day long, go into meetings, all day long, sit on the phone all day long, have the odd pointless one-to-one with employees, promise them promotions and other stuff they never follow through with and still earn 60k to 80k easily...

Argh...

A retarded one armed deaf monkey could do their job...

DanGlee wrote: »
    I work for an American insurance company that outsources its software people in Ireland I have to say that the Managers and "team leads" - glorified gob shi*e managers which anybody can do and there is one for every 2 employee's, get paid a lot more than the people doing the work and all they do is sit on their holes and handle the holidays and timesheets... god forbid should they ever do a little bit of work... yet they get all the cudos and thanks for the work the employee's do!!!

And management... well... they just talk crap all day long, go into meetings, all day long, sit on the phone all day long, have the odd pointless one-to-one with employees, promise them promotions and other stuff they never follow through with and still earn 60k to 80k easily...

Argh...

A retarded one armed deaf monkey could do their job...

yes , but they have one very important weapon at thier disposal

A VOTE , having that weapon at their disposal is what gives them their absolute job security , everything that happens in the civil service is political , everything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Eglinton wrote: »
    Pharmacists - Shopkeepers with an attitude
    Chemists/Pharmacists - I don't understand why they get paid so much. All they seem to do is read doctors' perscriptions and hand over drugs. A monkey could do this.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold the friggin' phone.

How well do you think you'd do if you had to do it?

Doctor's quite regularly write prescriptions incorrectly, and it is the pharmacists who often catch these mistakes. Only yesterday in work, we received a prescription for a customer which didn't seem quite right; it didn't match up with any of her other medication that she gets regularly and the dosage was all wrong. We rang her GP who had just copied the prescription out word for word from a consultant's prescription in a hospital. Still unhappy with it, we rang the hospital, spent ages trying to get a hold of this consultant. Turns out the consultant had written the wrong drug completely, he was mortified and we had to change the prescription to the right drug for him. Neither the GP or the consultant copped the mistake until the pharmacist informed them.

Don't you think that customer is glad that the pharmacist didn't just "read doctors' perscriptions and hand over drugs"?

I don't think that customer minds the Pharmacists wages after an experience like that.

It may not be 7 years exactly but it's a 4 year undergraduate degree followed by a one-year placement before sitting the licence exam for the pharmaceutical society of Ireland. For many it's also working our ass off in 5th and 6th yr too to get the points but technically it's 5 years

........not to mention the danger money involved when a pharmacist has to contact the gp to tell them that what they've prescribed will kill the patient stone dead if taken in combination. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Anyone at all working in the banking sector

A clown yes but i'd be fairly certain Bono has put in a lot of hard work to get where he is today.

.......that reminds me - a lot of comedians are also overpaid...:pac: and clowns......:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Teachers. In particular PE teachers. One of ours was morbidly obese, it is unbelieveable that she got paid god knows how much per year (seeing as she was in her 50s and in the job a while) to do no more than tell us to get changed and sit in her car on the colder days (I sh1t you not) smoking while we played football.

HR staff

People in the civil service take the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

i choose guards , a seargant which is just one promotion is paid over 60 grand a year and thats not counting over time

Where are you getting these random stats from??????:confused:
    An Inspector only earns a maximum of 55000 w/o overtime!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'm sorry but that post really is the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Gardaí deserve every bit of the wages they get.
    You don't know half of the work they put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Priests... all they do is repetitively preach nonsense from a 2000 year old book and don't mention all the brown envelopes (and other various colours) they get!

ClioV6 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that post really is the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Gardaí deserve every bit of the wages they get.
    You don't know half of the work they put in.

you mean like signaling traffic at big events , stamping passport application or renewing gun licences , all work that clerical officers could do
    when the garda reserve programme was being touted , the guards opposed it every step of the way , why , because they knew it would mean less handy over time

go into any garda station to have the likes of a passport application stamped and thier are several guards standing behind the counter shooting the breeze , besides like nurses , they are higher paid than thier counterparts in the rest of europe , you will travel far to find a guard who doesnt own a few properties beit in dublin or overseas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

you mean like signaling traffic at big events , stamping passport application or renewing gun licences , all work that clerical officers could do
    when the garda reserve programme was being touted , the guards opposed it every step of the way , why , because they knew it would mean less handy over time

go into any garda station to have the likes of a passport application stamped and thier are several guards standing behind the counter shooting the breeze , besides like nurses , they are higher paid than thier counterparts in the rest of europe , you will travel far to find a guard who doesnt own a few properties beit in dublin or overseas

Yes and these same gardas put themselves out there on the front line every other day going to deal with situations you'd **** yourself at the thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

community pharmacists get too much money for the job they do, not that i'm complaining. Vastly overtrained for the role we play in the irish health system.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Highsider wrote: »
    Anyone at all working in the banking sector

Thats just way too much of a sweeping statement. Most of us are on sh1t money, and work hard for it! Only the top brass really rake it in unless your there years- same as most jobs really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Alicat wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa, hold the friggin' phone.

How well do you think you'd do if you had to do it?

Doctor's quite regularly write prescriptions incorrectly, and it is the pharmacists who often catch these mistakes. Only yesterday in work, we received a prescription for a customer which didn't seem quite right; it didn't match up with any of her other medication that she gets regularly and the dosage was all wrong. We rang her GP who had just copied the prescription out word for word from a consultant's prescription in a hospital. Still unhappy with it, we rang the hospital, spent ages trying to get a hold of this consultant. Turns out the consultant had written the wrong drug completely, he was mortified and we had to change the prescription to the right drug for him. Neither the GP or the consultant copped the mistake until the pharmacist informed them.

Don't you think that customer is glad that the pharmacist didn't just "read doctors' perscriptions and hand over drugs"?

I don't think that customer minds the Pharmacists wages after an experience like that.

They could have sued for malpractise, the Pharmacist cost them a major cash payment!

To people who say footballers, who's to say how much footballer should get payed, take Kaka for instance there is no one in the world who can do his job as good as him no matter how much training they have.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So, because you stay in in college for ten years having a laugh and draining the economy for tuition and grants to get drunk on, you deserve loads of money, is that it?

How about people who work 70 hour weeks in mercury mines, do they not deserve a fair deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

How about people who work 70 hour weeks in mercury mines, do they not deserve a fair deal?

Are these Mercury mines in Tynagh? I thought they were tin mines.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Bricklayers/tilers etc.

Braindeads who were simply overcharging for way too long - i for one am glad that the property bubble has burst, now they can go back to learning how to read

Advertisement