Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

The customs declaration was based on full price items and not inclusive of my 20% off so I guess it was worked out based on that.

Total was $182 Excl Shipping (I had based the keep it below $150 idea as being incl of discount so I will know for future). Does not seem customs take shipping into account at all.

Customs charges were:

Duty @ €16.01
    VAT @ €31.40

+ An Post's €5... this irks me considering their ad on TV showing the bloke buying his tshirts from some guy in NY etc - maybe they should add on a disclaimer to the end of that ad about their poxy €5 charge!

Their exchange rate must be less than generous...

There was a big yellow sticker on the parcel to "collect charges" but postie did not get me to sign or collect money. There is a breakdown slip with the package too as regards customs but I think thats for postie as there is no address for me - just says to return remittance to portlaoise mail centre: did anyone else who got done for customs have one of these or did postie hang on to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

My delivery arrived in ireland on the 7th(according to USPS trackin) bust still no sign, should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

My delivery arrived in ireland on the 7th(according to USPS trackin) bust still no sign, should I be worried?

Did you try put the code into the tracking section on www.anpost.ie? You can get a more detailed breakdown of where the items are since they arrived in Ireland.

abelard wrote: »
    Did you try put the code into the tracking section on www.anpost.ie? You can get a more detailed breakdown of where the items are since they arrived in Ireland.

An Post No. Sender No. Status Location Date Receiver Name Country of Origin Delivery Record?
    EP307312805IE EE963626507US ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 7/Apr/08 UNITED STATES

even more worrying :eek:

An Post No. Sender No. Status Location Date Receiver Name Country of Origin Delivery Record?
    EP307312805IE EE963626507US ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE 7/Apr/08 UNITED STATES

even more worrying :eek:

Well I think any of the AE stuff that comes in will go through Portlaoise, mine certainly did anyway. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll be hit for customs. I'd say it's just a hold-up in the sorting office. Give it another day or two, and if it doesn't move you can probably get in touch with them to check what the problem is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

My 2 orders arrived today(€118inc p+p) and yesterday($128ic p+p). I didn't get charged anything on yesterdays but got hit for €43.01(€12.84 Duty, €25.17 VAT and €5 for An Post) on todays.

If your order is going to get hit by customs it will say sent to customs on An Posts site when you put in the tracking number. As has been said before, all orders will go through Portlaoise but you shouldn't get hit by customs unless it says "sent to customs" when you are tracking your order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dor83 wrote: »
    As has been said before, all orders will go through Portlaoise but you shouldn't get hit by customs unless it says "sent to customs" when you are tracking your order.

Completely wrong, will always say sent to customs, charged or not

davton wrote: »

Are you absolutely sure about that? Is that before or after it goes to Portlaoise?

I'm almost certain mine didn't, but I could easily have missed it while tracking the order...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

abelard wrote: »
    Are you absolutely sure about that? Is that before or after it goes to Portlaoise?

I'm almost certain mine didn't, but I could easily have missed it while tracking the order...

Well im pretty sure, its goes to portlaoise mail centre, then is sent to customs which is in the mail centre there. It will say released from customs or on route to customer. Will happen charged or not, thats my best take on it

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Well im pretty sure, its goes to portlaoise mail centre, then is sent to customs which is in the mail centre there. It will say released from customs or on route to customer. Will happen charged or not, thats my best take on it

my order didn't go through customs and I didn't get charged anything extra either.

• Advertisement

Steak wrote: »
    my order didn't go through customs and I didn't get charged anything extra either.

i understand it doesn't always say it on the track and trace,, but i taught it always went through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

No it doesn't, I have ordered a lot of stuff from the US over the past few years and from anything that had a tracking number I have never seen its stats as sent to customs and not got charged. I have also never seen it not say sent to customs and got charged. It is always sent to Portlaoise though but that doesn't automaticaly mean its sent to customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hippee

Lads,

Thanks to this post i just got $178 worth of gear delivered without a penny in customs. I got a 20% discount code by typing "american eagle discounts" into google. Thanks to al for the info and any other good clothes websites would be truly appreciated....

Signed: Happy Camper :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hippee wrote: »
    Lads,

Thanks to this post i just got $178 worth of gear delivered without a penny in customs. I got a 20% discount code by typing "american eagle discounts" into google. Thanks to al for the info and any other good clothes websites would be truly appreciated....

Signed: Happy Camper :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i'd be a happy camper with post on sunday too :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Returns:

sent 4 items back due to the fitting of them - a bit smaller than normal.

Got 2 of the items refunded to cc as they are out of stock now,
    and got the other two -exchanged to Large -delivered today.

Cost of posting the 4 back was euro8 and AE pay the return shipping.

Handy and worth it for a few bits.

will order more now :)

weird that a medium in one polo is different than a medium in another - must be the whole vintage v classic fit on them

K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I tried typing American Eagle Discounts into google too and ended up getting 20%off, it expired today but ereryone should try doing that, ordered in 3 seperate packages so hopefully I will save on customs the few extra dollars I spent on postage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

weemcd wrote: »
    my stuff arrived today, very happy with it all, sizes all seem european-ish so they fit perfectly, all in all the delivery probably took 7-8 days, but that includes a weekend. :D

Exact same as

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

karltimber wrote: »
    Returns:

sent 4 items back due to the fitting of them - a bit smaller than normal.

Got 2 of the items refunded to cc as they are out of stock now,
    and got the other two -exchanged to Large -delivered today.

Cost of posting the 4 back was euro8 and AE pay the return shipping.

Handy and worth it for a few bits.

will order more now :)

weird that a medium in one polo is different than a medium in another - must be the whole vintage v classic fit on them

K

How did you arrange this with them? Through the website? I checked the link on the site but it just mentions refunds not exchanges. Did you register the package or just send it surface mail.? If so how long did it take? I'm debating whether to get my XL Tall shirts altered or sent back, they go down past me bum!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

The invoice piece of paper - which I hope you still have - has a returns/exchange section on it and it even has the return sticker there too.

Just turn the plastic bag - have that too ??? - inside out - put your exchange item on the paper invoice - return address sticker - and post surface - about euro8.
    Took a week to get there - 2 day processing and got it in 3 - so approx week and a half to 2 weeks.

Note: they will refund your CC for the item and then charge for the new - without shipping - a way of tracking the item.
    hope this helps

K

I still have not recieved my delivery, the tracking number indicates it has been on route to customer since the 7th of April
    I rang an post they said it was in custome, they would check with customs and get back to me.
    they didnt,
    the same thing happened again
    I contacted customs myself they say that an post are bluffing that they discharged it the day they got it and an post should have it.

I am going mad, what can I do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

I am gona return the two pairs of jeans I got. One of them I got was the wrong size (my bad) and the other...well I absolutely hate them (also my bad). I have all the slips and stuff so will return them. Will post to tell how I get on with it.

Also I order $150 worth of stuff, ordered on a friday...got them the following friday. Very good delivery and didnt get hit with customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Tails142

Yeah as some posters have said be careful when you're buying the polo's

Vintage fit are smaller than classic fit. Vintage fit basically are tighter to make it look like its an old polo or something... It's meant to hug your body whereas classic is looser.

Bascially all vintage to do for me is pull in my man boobs making it look like I have a nice pert pair of titties and make my belly look about 10 times bigger, avoid unless you're ripped loike! :D

I still have not recieved my delivery, the tracking number indicates it has been on route to customer since the 7th of April
    I rang an post they said it was in customs, they would check with customs and get back to me.
    they didnt,
    the same thing happened again
    I contacted customs myself they say that an post are bluffing that they discharged it the day they got it and an post should have it.

I am going mad, what can I do?

Can anyone help me?
    I made a new thread in consumer issues here, thought it might more relevant
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55686740#post55686740

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Any girls know about the fit of Hollister hoodies? Are they baggy or fitted (fitted if you buy your normal size)?

I'm thinking of ordering a couple but am afraid they'll either be too big or too small? Should I order my regular size?

If you get your hoodies in a gift box are you less likely to have to pay customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Here's what I discovered about customs..

That's interesting about AE using USPS.. I'll keep that in mind for the next time..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Put in an order for another $130 worth of stuff there. Hopefully the run of luck with customs continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

tywy wrote: »
    Any girls know about the fit of Hollister hoodies? Are they baggy or fitted (fitted if you buy your normal size)?

I'm thinking of ordering a couple but am afraid they'll either be too big or too small? Should I order my regular size?

If you get your hoodies in a gift box are you less likely to have to pay customs?

I thik generally Hollister are smaller fitting.

Anyone else notice on their credit card bill, it states Ottawa, should we have paid in Canadian dollars?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hugejeans

If you order from Hollister/Abercrombie you will pay customs. They use Fedex to deliver who makes money for charging an admin fee for paying the customs on your behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

How long did it generally take for everyone's tracking info on the AE site to update?4 days and still nothing for me...I can't remember how long it took the last time.

Advertisement