Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post and Customs lying to me

Options
  • 17-04-2008 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I ordered a package from American eagle on the 1st of April, in three days it got sent from Kansas to Chicago to Ottowa to Dublin Airport
    on the 7th of April it arrived in Portlaoise mail centre.
    It tracking id states it is still there.
    when I ring an Post Customer Services they tell me that it has not been released by customs.
    When I ring customs they tell me it was examined and discharged after a single day and sent back to an post, they believe that an post may have forgot to tag it and are bluffing to me,
    An Post when I tell them this blatantly insist that no customs still have it.

What can I do now?

I emailed American eagle but they did not reply yet.

I have ordered since and the package arrived last wed.
    Do I have any legal rights if it is confirmed lost?
    cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

what is your location? you know about the An Post dispute at the minute right? they've stated that there are massive backlogs in two of it's sorting offices and there will be delays on deliveries in the South Dublin area.

I'm still waiting on a package to arrive in Cavan that was sent from Belfast last Friday the 11th. I think it's an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Steak wrote: »
    what is your location? you know about the An Post dispute at the minute right? they've stated that there are massive backlogs in two of it's sorting offices and there will be delays on deliveries in the South Dublin area.

I'm still waiting on a package to arrive in Cavan that was sent from Belfast last Friday the 11th. I think it's an absolute disgrace.

That's only south Dublin though, shouldn't affect Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

MOH wrote: »
    That's only south Dublin though, shouldn't affect Portlaoise.

yes but the OP was told that the sorting office in Portlaoise had sent the package back to An Post. so it could possibly be in one of the South Dublin sorting offices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've had two Amazon orders stopped by customs over the last few months. Each time, it took about 2-3 weeks for customs or An Post to deliver. Not sure which of them was holding it (I had assumed customs) but there was definitely a very long delay so perhaps this is what's happening to the OP. If this is the case, I think you'll just have to wait it out.

An official complaint to An Post might get more answers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

An Post and Customs lying to me

I see no evidence of lying in what you wrote, you need proof to substantiate this bald statement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

It's just normal mail affected in Dublin 4 ,ring there support number and you'll get the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I fail to see how they are lying to you. That is a bold statement to make.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

All packets/parcels for Dublin now go to Portlaoise for sorting (following the closure of the sorting office on the Naas Road). At present there is a massive backlog of packets and packages, An Post advise that they are prioritising business post, over and above regular mail/packets/parcels. I've been waiting on a book from the UK which was sent 4 weeks ago- its the same thing.

Hang on in there- it will get delivered, eventually. Its not lost, its just sitting in a mountain of packets in sorting trolleys down in Portlaoise.......

Advertisement