Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BGRH Beers - Today, Friday 15th Feb (update with RULES for teh n00bs)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Wild horses couldn't drag me into a pub with you lot.
    Say what now

I have no idea what you are talking about:eek::eek:

Ooops. sounds like it wasn't you so. But I am reliably informed love was in the air last night with a certain wimmins and one of the Brothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Ooops. sounds like it wasn't you so. But I am reliably informed love was in the air last night with a certain wimmins and one of the Brothers.

I doubt it was me, I wouldn't remember if it was anyway :o

Nice to hear that the Brothers don't repulse the Wimmins in person

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I have to say great night and it was nice putting names to faces.*

*however due to the amount of drink I can no longer put any names to faces bar a few

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Zaph wrote: »
    The music sucked later on though.

As did the scary dress sense!!
    Ah jsb, so you didn't get stabbed in the wilds of drumcondra..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Erm, for a brothers meeting, there is a surprising lack of photo's... I'd have thought many of the brothers would have brought gadgets to take photos of the event...

• Advertisement

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Ah jsb, so you didn't get stabbed in the wilds of drumcondra..:D

nope and it ended up being cheaper then getting the taxi straight from town:D

the_syco wrote: »
    Erm, for a brothers meeting, there is a surprising lack of photo's... I'd have thought many of the brothers would have brought gadgets to take photos of the event...

ah yes but you forget that our hands were generally pre occupied with the holding of beer

jsb wrote: »
    ah yes but you forget that our hands were generally pre occupied with the holding of beer

And hot wimmins.

Don't worry, I believe Monkeyfudge has amassed a substantial number of pictures from last night. As, I believe did watna.

jsb wrote: »
    nope and it ended up being cheaper then getting the taxi straight from town:D
    Probably quicker too :D

syco there was much beer hugging and can holding going on last night, there was a camera around though.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

irishbird wrote: »
    as is tradition at these events myself and Desf were the last to leave, somebody (sorry i cant remember your name) from the shooting forum came up and had a chat apparently you lot were all too scary to approach

That was me. I think I'm the only one who posts in the shooting forum who was there last night. There was an unrelated drinking session on in the Longstone and we ended up in the Czech Inn at the end of it thinking that it was Isolde's Tower and would be open until much later than it was. :-/

• Advertisement

actually I just remembered DJ spider gave me a CD last night with some mixes he did. might give that a lsiten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Tragedy wrote: »
    comedy guy(WHO ARE YOU?!)!

That was me! I was the scrawny guy with the long hair, but the brothers allowed me to partake in the merriment despite my physical flaws.

Great night, although the sight of the brothers dancing to Dancing Queen by Abba is gonna take a lot of therapy to forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

orestes wrote: »
    Great night, although the sight of the brothers dancing to Dancing Queen by Abba is gonna take a lot of therapy to forget!

That was legendary after Tom slagging Des about it earlier on boards and it came on and everyone laughed at des :D

Zaph wrote: »
    I liked the place and will definitely go back for the €3.50 pints of Staropramen if nothing else.

You mean a pint of styrofoam? ;) eh can I get a pint of the beer starting with st please, styrofoam or something! At least bargirl understood what I was getting :D

Hey at least they weren't drinking the "gold cock whisky" that was advertised in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

That was me! I was the scrawny guy with the long hair, but the brothers allowed me to partake in the merriment despite my physical flaws.

The clown run. We must make it happen.

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Hey at least they weren't drinking the "gold cock whisky" that was advertised in there.

must have missed that. The beer was actually nice, zaph let me have some of his, I just couldnt pronounce it ;)

Hope you had a good night, hadnt been dancing in ages, twas great! Lovely to meet you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

was it wibbs who i couldnt believe was 40?
    It's the botox and monkey gland injections. I'm getting younger lookin by the day....:D
    Tom I only realised yesterday that I knew Wibbs from years ago, so if you want any blackmail material I'm your man!
    It's a small world.
    Oh wait, that probably works two ways, so I'll have to take that offer back! He's probably watching the sneaky feccker
    Ya better believe it. :)

orestes wrote:
    Thank god I missed that!:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ah yes, DesF - our own resident Dancing Queen.

The clown run. We must make it happen.

Definitely. Get your clown suit ready man, you're my first recruit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I remember lisa(lucy), monkeyfudge for loaning me his hat, ciara/admiralofthefleet, canadian woman(who was she with again?), JSB, comedy guy(WHO ARE YOU?!), brother trout and im a bit lost after that. was it wibbs who i couldnt believe was 40?

Ooh, i forgot watna!

Obviously you arrived too early and forgot who was txting u! Remember me? Hang on I don't remember me! Too much Guinness {HIC!} :p Oh and I'm 42 this year, share my Birthday with Kylie Minogue, but she 2 years younger so she is 40 this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was glad to see there was a adequate amount of moustaches doing the rounds. Did the DJ manage to make it through the list of awesome 80's music we supplied? I left when abba started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What a night :eek:

The amount of people who turned up was incredible.

Nice to meet all the new people, especially the wimmins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

WindSock wrote: »
    I was glad to see there was a adequate amount of moustaches doing the rounds. Did the DJ manage to make it through the list of awesome 80's music we supplied? I left when abba started.

I might be biased, being a DJ myself, but honestly, did anyone else think he was total Sh'ite? :rolleyes: If I had played any of those songs in that order I would slash my wrists! There was no fluidity to it, it was like he had just wacked in a copy of Now 68! Jumping from R&B to 80's (hurrah!) to Dance, then to 70's. I know he was probably trying to please everyone, but you do sets of types of music not play random songs!

I will show everyone how it's done one day if we have a fundraising beers!

Sorry, rant mode off! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I tried to do some work today...

lolz.. lasted about 2 hours and decided to ..erm.. not bother :D

DesF wrote: »
    What a night :eek:

The amount of people who turned up was incredible.

Nice to meet all the new people, especially the wimmins :D

ah Des, the dancing legend :D how's the head today?

great turn out alright, glad I went, twas lots of fun!

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    I might be biased, being a DJ myself, but honestly, did anyone else think he was total Sh'ite? :rolleyes: If I had played any of those songs in that order I would slash my wrists! There was no fluidity to it, it was like he had just wacked in a copy of Now 68! Jumping from R&B to 80's (hurrah!) to Dance, then to 70's. I know he was probably trying to please everyone, but you do sets of types of music not play random songs!

yeah the DJ wasnt great, but he played time warp within 1 song of asking, I was chuffed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cathooo wrote: »
    ah Des, the dancing legend :D
    :D:D

Bit of an aul ledge yourself on the dancefloor!!

how's the head today?
    Grand, no hangover at all :) You?
    yeah the DJ wasnt great, but he played time warp within 1 song of asking, I was chuffed :D
    \o\
    |o|
    /o/
    \o/

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Ahhhh I missed wibbs did I:(? I really wanted to meet him.
    Last night was great fun:D:D. It was lovely to meet all the gentlemen and ladies. I have to say that the brothers are lovely guys.
    Well done to monkeyfudge for bringing kinder eggs (why did I have to eat 3, why oh why:confused::confused:)
    Blitzkrieg you are some mover on the dancefloor!
    Tom Dunne and Lucy Lu are so nice, as are Irishbird and DesF - to name but a few.
    Watna did you go onto the vodkas in the end?
    Cathooo, a pleasure as always darling;););).
    LilyM1980, thanks for listening to me waffle and be a very willing and groovy dance partner:):):).

Gosh this is turning into a speech:D:o.

Have to go do some work( I know a civil servant doing unpaid work on sat, whats the world coming to??) and then go out. Chat to you very late tonight. :D:D

• Advertisement

You forgot to thank Jesus and say you dream of world peace! :rolleyes:

Advertisement