Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Think the opening of the firehouse was a nail in the coffin to the place that use to be opposite the Hunt museum. Will be curious as to whether the cycle repeats itself.

Nope. Place closed before Firehouse opened I believe. Either way it was to do with them struggling to stay open with Vegan only menu so they added regular food and then the vegans went ballistic and stopped going there altogether.

An impossible crowd to deal with at the best of times. Fussy and demanding and never ****ing happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭carbonceiling

Nope. Place closed before Firehouse opened I believe. Either way it was to do with them struggling to stay open with Vegan only menu so they added regular food and then the vegans went ballistic and stopped going there altogether.

An impossible crowd to deal with at the best of times. Fussy and demanding and never ****ing happy.

They also had terrible coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I am vegan and this statement is so wrong I don't even know what to say. Sorry, it just is.

The Bubble Tea place was never very good or very busy to begin with. They added meat to the menu as an attempt to save it which obviously alienated most of their existing customer base and the food wasn't good enough to attract new people.

The fact that the Old Firehouse is thriving and the Underdog is opening shows that there's plenty of support and demand for this type of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

le_girl wrote: »
    I am vegan and this statement is so wrong I don't even know what to say. Sorry, it just is.

The Bubble Tea place was never very good or very busy to begin with. They added meat to the menu as an attempt to save it which obviously alienated most of their existing customer base and the food wasn't good enough to attract new people.

The fact that the Old Firehouse is thriving and the Underdog is opening shows that there's plenty of support and demand for this type of food.

The Grove is also vegan?

Mc Love wrote: »
    The Grove is also vegan?

Mostly vegetarian with some vegan options I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fussy and demanding and never ****ing happy.

Says your man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Oh no, the vegans are upset!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

What do Vegans do for Oral Sex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

mrsoundie wrote: »

One meat two veg?
    I dunno tell us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

D Trent wrote: »
    One meat two veg?
    I dunno tell us

I'm asking for a friend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Surely you’ve heard of tossing the salad? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

There's a joke there involving consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Vegans can't have oral sex because their mouths are too busy telling everyone they're vegan.

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Lol.

Vegans aren't demanding or fussy. We're the fools who will throw money at any place that makes an effort to put things on the menu that don't have animal bits in it. That's why Da Vincenzos, La Cucina, Freddy's, Taikicki have separate vegan menus. They want the veggie $$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

I see “Ampersand” cafe is opening this week on sexton street, good to see this part of town picking up! But if a risky location if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Courts complex, several schools etc all nearby. It could well clean up and need only open to 5.

jjoconoor wrote: »
    I see “Ampersand” cafe is opening this week on sexton street, good to see this part of town picking up! But if a risky location if you ask me

Edit: ^^^ That guy, JBJ, got here first whoever he is :pac:

I can't help but notice the amount of older secondary school pupils walking around with their double tall chumbawamba lattes these days. Both lads and girls from all different schools. Unheard of when I left school 11 years ago. If the kids in the schools on Sexton Street like their take away coffee then it could do very well. Then you have the teachers and whatever small businesses there too... and of course the courthouse is only around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

jjoconoor wrote: »

The Horse and Hound having been doing a roaring lunch trade for years now...long before the court complex opened across the road.

The Horse and Hound having been doing a roaring lunch trade for years now...long before the court complex opened across the road.

The Horse and Hound are in a different league of their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Ampersand is the same crowd who own Hook and Ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

mitresize5 wrote: »
    [RANT]
    Sorry to go way off topic for a second but Hook & Ladder used to have an outside catering van going around town and the only sign-writing on the van was an ampersand sign. It was such a pointless piece of advertising and waste of money. I only copped it was Hook & Ladder when I seen the van loading there a few times.
    [/RANT]

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Yep, it’ll be a mini Hook & Ladder. The name is the symbol in the middle of Hook & Ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yep, it’ll be a mini Hook & Ladder. The name is the symbol in the middle of Hook & Ladder.

That's gas. I never knew that was the punctuation name for &. I always called it the "and symbol". I learn something new everyday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw a new (tiny) coffee shop on Gerald Griffin St. Simply Cafe or is it new?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Glenomra

a new restaurant appears to be going in beside Celtic Books in Rutland Street. currently restoring the old stone shopfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭LeoD

Not a new business but article in the 'Leader' today about Lidl starting the demolition and replacement of their Childer's Rd store. Anyone know what size their replacement store is going to be as they were refused PP by An Bord Pleanala earlier this year on the grounds that their proposal was way too big for the zoned area. Have they managed to get their 1800 sqm store in the end?
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/310749/discount-retailer-gets-a-lidl-boost-as-mayor-turns-sod-on-new-limerick-site.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

LeoD wrote: »
    Not a new business but article in the 'Leader' today about Lidl starting the demolition and replacement of their Childer's Rd store. Anyone know what size their replacement store is going to be as they were refused PP by An Bord Pleanala earlier this year on the grounds that their proposal was way too big for the zoned area. Have they managed to get their 1800 sqm store in the end?
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/310749/discount-retailer-gets-a-lidl-boost-as-mayor-turns-sod-on-new-limerick-site.html

Looks like they are using the old Chadwick's building as well. Was there last night and it's gutted all bar the roof and the supporting beams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Jofspring wrote: »
    Looks like they are using the old Chadwick's building as well. Was there last night and it's gutted all bar the roof and the supporting beams.

AFAIK the plan is to demolish Chadwicks and build half their new store, then move into the new half completed store demolish the old one and complete the new build so that they can continuing to trade during construction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

An eighth Supermac's on the way if De Leadur is to be believed.

Advertisement