Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭skydish79

BandMember wrote: »
    I take it that you are referring to the new Smartbox version? They seem to have escaped the cull for the moment, but I would imagine that you are talking about days (possibly weeks) before they are hit with the forced update as well. That's the word on the street anyway...

It's slim one with now TV in blue on the top of the box, has an aerial input connection at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

skydish79 wrote: »
    It's slim one with now TV in blue on the top of the box, has an aerial input connection at the back

Thats the new smartbox version

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

JDxtra wrote: »
    I have the smart box version and it has firmware version 7.5 on it. I don't use Plex, so haven't tried.

If that's the case you can Plex away to your hearts content.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bovis

Hi,

Does anyone know if you cancel the nowtv passes will the 'playto' streaming app stop working?

My recently delivered nowtv box got the software update. I got it successfully streaming Showtime from my mobile using Playto and I am happy with this set up. To get it working I was forced to create a nowtv account and purchase the basic pass. I am in the 14 day free trial. If i cancel the nowtv pass will the playto app still work? Or will it mean the nowtv box wont initialise to the point that playto will work?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭skydish79

yeah i have showbox working on playto working without any tv pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Did a questionnaire recently for a draft advert announcing NOWTV for Ireland. Likely to be €15 per month when it launches...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Is that €15 per month each for movies and entertainment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The ad was focusing on boxsets so I would say entertainment only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

tallpaul wrote: »
    The ad was focusing on boxsets so I would say entertainment only.

€15 in Ireland vs £6.99 in U.K.? Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Are those MXQ Android boxes much good, does anyone know?

Can you get NOW TV on them?
    Have one,fab,look up ntv.mx,or pm me if u want?Happy enough with my set up,and I'm just an ordinary Joe soap,,,,no now tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'll stick with my dodgy box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It could be a different offering of channels, or they could be seeing if people would go for it at €15. Let's what and see what the final offer is.

JDxtra wrote: »
    It could be a different offering of channels, or they could be seeing if people would go for it at €15. Let's what and see what the final offer is.

Indeed. But the channel offering would need to be considerably more in order to justify such a difference in price between U.K. and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭BandMember

It's Sky - they've never justified anything in their existence so I doubt that they are going to start now....

It's Sky - they've never justified anything in their existence so I doubt that they are going to start now....

As long as our UK ones still keep working thats the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

In short, no and no! :)

I have an MXQ box and use it a lot more than my NowTV boxes. It depends entirely what you use it for

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

If memory serves it was more expensive at launch in the UK, think movies were 16 quid before dropping price to 10. The consumer will dictate i guess, it's so cheap using UK version via offers and vouchers, Irish prices will be a different prospect entirely

Dave..M wrote: »
    If memory serves it was more expensive at launch in the UK, think movies were 16 quid before dropping price to 10. The consumer will dictate i guess, it's so cheap using UK version via offers and vouchers, Irish prices will be a different prospect entirely

Its much more likely Irish viewers will be identified by IP on the uk service now too, something to consider for anyone still not using a smartdns

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

ACLFC7 wrote: »

I don't think that article puts any time frame on it? Or cites any source?

• Advertisement

Not seen an official announcement, but I see that a sales company are looking for Now TV sales staff...

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1612043

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

ACLFC7 wrote: »

Will be interesting to see the pricing here and if SKY will charge a 'Paddy Tax'!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Will be interesting to see the pricing here and if SKY will charge a 'Paddy Tax'!

There will be no "if" about it. Sky always screw over us Irish when it comes to pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Keep an eye on the Talk to Sky forum here on Boards... apparently someone was recently asked to participate in a bit of market research and amongst the tv adverts they were shown was one for NowTV @ €15pm

Thanks,

G.

I'm interested to see if the Irish channel line up on the entertainment pass will be different to that currently offered in the UK. If they had the Irish and/or UK terrestrial channels live it might make it more attractive. Little chance of RTE Player app as there is no such app for Roku at the moment.

"Pricing for the Irish market will be officially announced at an event in the Science Gallery in Dublin on April 26."

From: https://buzz.ie/sky-set-to-launch-online-telly-service-now-tv-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I've a Now TV box sitting idle in its unopened box since I bought it - this one:
    71YUnbEkTPL._SL1500_.jpg

Debating whether to set it up now or wait for the Irish version - any thoughts?

Also, and apologies if I can't ask here - is there a definitive easy set-up for UK access on this? Can someone PM if so? I can't read all 244 pages of the thread!

I've a Now TV box sitting idle in its unopened box since I bought it - this one:
    71YUnbEkTPL._SL1500_.jpg

Also, and apologies if I can't ask here - is there a definitive easy set-up for UK access on this? Can someone PM if so? I can't read all 244 pages of the thread!

I'd say wait and see if over the next few weeks we start complaining of being cut off or being moved to the irish service etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

71YUnbEkTPL._SL1500_.jpg

Set it up now. You can always just log out, create a new user ID and start all over if/when the Irish service starts up. The box doesn't lock to a specific account.

You don't need to do anything special to get UK access. There's a mountain of posts about Vpns and Revolut cards; ignore them all, you don't need to do any of it. You will need to put in a random UK post code at sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Set it up now. You can always just log out, create a new user ID and start all over if/when the Irish service starts up. The box doesn't lock to a specific account.

You don't need to do anything special to get UK access. There's a mountain of posts about Vpns and Revolut cards; ignore them all, you don't need to do any of it. You will need to put in a random UK post code at sign up.

Really? Is it that simple?

Advertisement