Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Boards.ie - Round 8

Options
  • 19-04-2005 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Hello and welcome back to Boards: Survivor.

We've had an interesting run in the past Round 7 and we're getting close to the end now.

Just to recap where everyone stands;

In the last round there was a public poll to decide who would be eliminated. Public opinion was split between Mr. Nice Guy and tba. 44 votes to each contestant. Therefore a tie breaker poll was instigated that gave each surviving contestant - tba, tovalee, MNG and mayordenis one vote to vote somebody off. The contestant with the most votes were voted off. A shock vote from tba saw tba voting for himself. Shock horror. Seeing as MNG and mayordenis had voted for him also, he has been eliminated.

Therefore we only have 3 remaining contestants. And in fact this round is the penultimate round. I haven't considered properly the ramifications of this as I have forgotten that the next round will see only 2 contestants. As I haven't had the time to prepare an alternative challenge from OFDM's interesting idea, I have remained with my current flash challenge.

Therefore in this round the contestants have been given a challenge consisting of a flash (swf) page that consists of a mathemabetical challenge, including a sound challenge. The contestant that is first to give me a result to this challenge (I am looking for an image, there is no exact image I have in mind btw) will gain immunity from this rounds public vote.

Sorry, I haven't been able to think of a better way to do this. Therefore this round is just like the last round. Save your precious vote until a contestant has given the answer to the mathemabetical challenge posed via pm is what I suggest. The contestant that wins the challenge will not be voted off - no matter how many public votes they receive.

For those interested - the next round that will see only two remaining contestants will be placed into a poll. Whoever gets THE MOST VOTES WINS. And I won't make the poll public next time.

So, I have sent the latest challenge to tovalee, mayordenis and Mr. Nice Guy.

Good luck to you trinity.

You have 3 days until the poll closes and the challenge stops. If nobody gets the result to the challenge - the contestant with the most votes will be voted off.

Round 5
    Round 4
    Round 3
    Round 2
    Round 1
    Round 0

Who would you like to see *ELIMINATED* from this round? 48 votes

tovalee
    0%
    mayordenis
    83%
    SickBoypo0kThe_BullmanjoolsveerStench Blossomsgimmickuberwolfblondie83dubdvdSuaimhneachAvoVirtualNemesismad mConey Islandbrianomcleef23mayordenisSteveirearbeitsscheuersnorlax 40 votes
    Mr.Nice Guy
    16%
    GordonGoodshapeSposspassivepenguinblokebringitdownjimmy rodgersHugh Hefner 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

mayordenis
    Whatever mathemabetical means, google doesn't recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Mr.Nice Guy
    Steveire you would fair very badly in one of my challenges.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

mayordenis
    I see Powerhousedans pathetic little vendetta continues :rolleyes:

Why vote now? The poll is meant to be a reflection of how people get on in this round.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

now this ones a challenge! :eek:

Mr.Nice Guy
    Also it is kinda pointless to vote until the challenge has been answered.

However, in saying that, who knows how long it will take them to get an answer.

• Advertisement

i think i have part of it worked out. But im definitely missing something... :(

Mr.Nice Guy
    Thank goodness, I was worried that you would get this one too quick as you have proved good at the wordy challenges. Hopefully the audio will stump you for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

mayordenis
    Maths again?! Why couldn't we have had an immunity challenge on The Simpsons or something? :D

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

mayordenis
    Thank god its back! Was waiting for it all day.....Goodluck to all,Gordon any chance sending me the Conundrum,just want to see if i can even scrape the surface.

Mr.Nice Guy
    mad m wrote:
    Thank god its back! Was waiting for it all day.....Goodluck to all,Gordon any chance sending me the Conundrum,just want to see if i can even scrape the surface.
    No!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

mayordenis
    Gordon wrote:
    No!

Ok hehe,maybe after the challenge is won.... :D

mayordenis
    I'm confused by the SW. What does it mean? Something to do with Star Wars? Yes, I am clutching at straws! ;)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Mr.Nice Guy
    I'll post it up when somebody completes it.

If you really want to do it properly you can not view this thread and I'll PM you the challenge when it has been won.

:p

Mr.Nice Guy
    You're confused by the SW?

I thought that was one of the easier parts...

mayordenis
    Gordon wrote:
    You're confused by the SW?

I thought that was one of the easier parts...

Well it can't mean what I think it means as that's too obvious.

Mr.Nice Guy
    There may be some obviousnesses within the challenge. Don't rule it out.

going by the poll results so far and since i havent received a pm from MNG asking for an alliance against mayor, i'm assuming i'm the one hes gunning for this round! :D

Mr.Nice Guy
    tovalee - 6
    mayordenis - 0
    MNG - 9, in the lead to be voted off.

Do you guys need a hint to the challenge? If so what part do you need the hint for:
    blue circle
    hash sign
    white italics
    or the final thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Mr.Nice Guy
    mayordenis' perpetual absence from these games seems to be doing him wonders in the vote.

my calls for his elimination have too long fallen on deaf ears.

this challenge makes my brain hurt :(

[edit]i think i will take a break and drink heavily before resuming challenge.[/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

mayordenis
    im on the verge of getting this . . . argh

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

mayordenis
    cheeky try

ok i tryed for ages and came up with some crap but thought i'd just give this a belt.

hint please Gordon. :confused:

Mr.Nice Guy
    mayordenis wrote:
    cheeky try

ok i tryed for ages and came up with some crap but thought i'd just give this a belt.
    heh. NO!

ok
    hash relates to number - audio
    top row should give anagram.
    The line between anagram and hash is "divided by"

mayordenis
    What is the significance of the SW?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Turn it upside down....

it was MAGGIE SIMPSON!!!!

Mr.Nice Guy
    There are a few of those:
    N,W,E,S,NW,SW,NE,SE

mayordenis
    Gordon, now you've gone and confused me further! :o That doesn't seem to make any sense to the problem.

This isme after 24 hours of struggling with Gordons Challenge.( I'm loving it anyway)

• Advertisement

Mr.Nice Guy
    hmmm...

ok the problem is
    anagram divided into a certain number. Giving a certain amount of results from the anagram.

MNG maybe you need some guidance from an orienteerer?

Advertisement