Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Boards.ie - Round 6

Options
  • 05-04-2005 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the next installment of Boards.ie Survivor!

This challenge is a tricky one methinks, it doesn't quite work the brain power as much as the last ones but by goodness it's annoying. Please note that the challenge will not start until tomorrow, after the round 5 poll closes.

This is the Sacred Endurance round of Survivor: Boards.ie.

In this round the contestants will be given a list of sacred words that they are not allowed to write while posting on boards.ie. If they write any of these sacred words in any public forum they will be knocked out of the Endurance round. The last one that remains without having written any of these words WINS.

The winner of this Sacred Endurance round will then get to pick a contestant and vote them off. If they do not pick a contestant to vote off - they will not continue the game, they will be disqualified and we will move on to the next round.

Survival of the thickest... skin.

The rules:
    To be disqualified from the endurance round - the contestant has to be ratted out. To rat out a contestant for having posted one of the sacred words you must post the link to the offending post on this thread, and also post a quote of the original post. Anyone can do it, you don't have to be a contestant to rat out a contestant, any boards.ie poster can take part in the game to try to disqualify a Survivor contestant. But the only way that you can prove someone has posted one of the sacred words is by posting the link here.

If you have edited your post and someone has ratted you out with the original text containing a sacred word - you will be disqualified.
    Note: This is prone to abuse, if you edit your post legitimately, never having spaketh the sacred words initially, and someone rats you out pretending you did - you're disqualified. Sorry, there's no way to check otherwise. My only advice is - never edit your posts. And do not delete your post either because if it is seen and posted here, and you have promptly deleted it: you will be disqualified. Also, instead of editing: do not post twice or you will anger the Gods of Mod. This isn't a rule to the game btw, just a rule to your non-banned state of well being.

This round will not start until 06-04-2005 at 19:06
    Any posts before this time do not count.
    Depending on how this goes I may add time constraints to ensure you post something regularly, I don't want you going all quiet on us. There is no time limit as of yet

I think that covers it, read my next post for the worded list of sacredness.

(tovalee has immunity in this round so cannot be voted out by the winner of the endurance round. Also she does not have to take part in the endurance round unless she wishes. If, tovalee, you do decide to enter the challenge then you will lose your immunity but you will be able to vote somebody off the next round. Post on this thread before the endurance round begins if you wish to enter. We won't know who will not be doing this challenge until the round 5 poll closes but it looks like the so called Nice Guy.)
    Round 3
    Round 2
    Round 1
    Round 0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

These are the Sacred Words so do not offend them.

The survivor contestants must not write any of these words on any public forum on boards.ie:

yes
    no
    maybe
    because
    why
    I
    and
    you
    me
    we
    they
    the
    but
    ?
    !

Do not type these sacred words via your sacred alphabetty keyboard.

However, as typed text can be varied greatly I have included a more anally retentive list.

You are also not allowed to type these words:

ye
    yea
    yeah
    nop
    nope
    nah
    mibbe
    mebbe
    mibby
    (mibbyy is allowed)
    cos
    coz
    cuz
    becoz
    becuz
    (bucoz is allowed)
    y
    (wheye is allowed)
    &
    +
    adn
    (andie is allowed)
    u
    yu
    yuo
    (ewe is allowed)
    meh
    mee
    (meee is allowed)
    wee
    (weee is allowed)
    tehy
    (theyz is allowed)
    teh
    (thar is allowed)
    butt
    (buttt is allowed)
    (feel free to type "question mark" in place of ? or "full stop" in place of. [I will allow the upside down question mark])

You may post freely on private boards.
    In the interest of your safety on fora - I suggest you not to talk in txt spk as this may agitate the users/moderators.

Also, do not sign up new accounts to circumvent any of these rules because ecksor will most likely ban you for duplicate accounts and you'll be playing it on your own in a prison cell next to OFDM for the next round.

Enjoy and ENDURE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

What when is the time limit or is there one?You should put a limit that people have to do a certain number of posts aday cos people cos just not write on any threads?

Yeah, I'm going to see how that goes tbh.

I forgot to say There is no time limit as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ok thats fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ok thats fair enough.

The arrogance of this man to think he will survive Round 5! Everybody vote him off! Please? :o

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Just to clarify a question from powerhousedan's pm:

I am treating these words as unique entities. Therefore I view "I" as a unique entity, a word. I also view "II" as a unique entity, ie a different word. Therefore "ii" is not a sacred word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

The only sure way to win is not to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

This seems interesting :) good work Gordon. And good luck to the survivors.

...except you, mayordenis. your downfall shall be my brightest day.

tba wrote:
    The only sure way to win is not to post.
    If this is the case I will enforce rules that will disable the possibility of such an event.

Just a note - this round is flexible only in that I may decide to change it at any time. I may change the rules by adding words or enforcing strange things upon you to make sure that you feel the endurance-ness of it. You know how on the Survivor show you get challenges with people holding up heavy weights with their outstretched arms - you know the grimace they make?

I WANT TO SEE YOU GRIMACE!!!

Just to confirm that this challenge will start at 19:06 tomorrow, Irish time (not Greek time - hence my two hours after the poll close).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Hey this is a great challenge. My hat is tipped. Mibbyy.

Waht if we splel lkie tihs qesuiton mrak
    maybe if we speak backwards....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

im not positive i understand, Whoever wins gets to vote someone off AND wins immunity for the next round? :confused:

smees os.

That's the spirit funky!

tovalee - no, whoever wins simply gets to vote someone off. The only immunity is you who do not have to partake in this round if you don't want to and will gain immunity from the winner of this challenge.

After this round I'll do an immunity for the next round along with a poll for that round... erm.. gosh I'm getting confused now.

Make sense?

Or do you guys think that the winner should also get immunity from the next round? Seems a double bonus to the winner to me but if you guys are happy with it we'll do it.

spahreps yeht teg ot esoohc eno noitpo ro eht rehto

ytinummi ro noitcive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

i like the idea of a separate immunity challenge. keeps the eliminations separate from the immunity. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

Maybe you should outlaw 1337 5p34k too, cos we all know that gets annoying.

tba wrote:

I
    rebmun eno
    pmal
    elgoog
    dna
    kcnil
    oot
    hctac
    emoh nur

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

or maybe - "I will post google and link to speedy victory"

• Advertisement

That was me second guess.

hehe

I
    rebmun eno
    pmal
    elgoog
    dna
    kcnil
    oot
    hctac
    emoh nur
    homerdoh.gif

That was me second guess.
    ewe.jpg
    write.gif
    four.gif
    ward.jpg

tihs noitamalcxe kram

eye did ot

*em spals ecaf*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Maybe there should be something along the lines of 'the person who posts least in the next round will also get eliminated'. Don't know exactly how it would work, but essentially it would mean that people will have to post something, and can't just keep quiet...

Something like that yeah but there's problems with enforcing posting.

As we have seen contestants bend boards rules rather severely these past few days I don't want more rules (such as spam posting) to be broken, therefore making posters post is a dodgy idea.

One idea I have is - if posting isn't creating enough problems for the contestants - I may make each contestant write out a 500 word essay on a survivor thread.

But we'll see how it pans out.

Keep the suggestions coming though.

Gordon wrote:
    We won't know who will not be doing this challenge until the round 5 poll closes but it looks like the so called Nice Guy.)

Bah?!

tovalee doesn't seem to want to take part in this challenge therefore she has immunity, unless I get confirmation to the contrary before the round starts.

Therefore the contestants in this round are:
    tba
    funky penguin
    Mr.Nice Guy
    mayordenis

The winner of this round will be able to vote off any of these contestants.

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    Bah?!

Advertisement