Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Boards.ie - Round 3

Options
  • 22-03-2005 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

***DOUBLE EVICTION ROUND***

Here's the vote for round 3, vote for who you want eliminated - note this will be a DOUBLE EVICTION round - yes that's right - TWO contestants will be eliminated at the end of THIS round.

Hard luck to CoolCiaran who joined BlitzKrieg in the realms of evictions, having been eliminated in round 2.

Due to some bitching & whining about the order of contestants usernames in the poll vote, from now on the names will appears at random in the list.

Immunity Challenge #3 will follow shortly.

Gordon, who hasn't even been put to a vote yet, is immune from eviction this round thanks to him winnig the 2nd Immunity Challenge.

Don't forget to have a look at the embarrassingly rubbish Survivor: Boards.ie website (improvements should hopefully be made in coming weeks):
    http://www.boards-survivor.tk/

Remember that the overall winner gets a €0.50 CDWOW voucher - that's a whole half euro of discount.

Previous rounds:
    Round 2
    Round 1
    Round 0

Who do you want *ELIMINATED* from the next round? 57 votes

Mr.Nice Guy
    0% 0 votes
    powerhousedan
    19% 11 votes
    funky penguin
    5% 3 votes
    tovalee
    5% 3 votes
    Ro: maaan!
    7% 4 votes
    AlcoholicA
    12% 7 votes
    Hugh Hefner
    24% 14 votes
    mayordenis
    26% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

After the torture of the last round, this Immunity Challenge should be relatively simple.

All the contestants have to do is tell me what is the first thing that Superman says on certain page of the Crisis on Infinite Earths series of comics.
    To make it even easier (and to avoid any possible confusion over page numbers), a scan of the actual frame from that page in which Superman speaks was given to the contestants - of course his dialogue has been removed.

As an example for non-contestants, try to find what the first thing Superman says on page 18 of the same comic series - here's the frame you should be looking for:
    http://img238.exs.cx/img238/1721/crisisexample0fu.jpg

Please note that this is not the same image/page number that was given to the contestants.

I'd like to emphasise that the above example image is for non-contestants to have a go at - solving for the example WILL NOT win you immunity.

The winner of this Immunity Challenge gets immunity from the NEXT round - if they get eliminated this round then no one gets immunity in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Can't seem to get to that survivor website (timeout).

I voted for mayordenis anyway. Beacuse I hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

That's a fricken impossible question dude! Unless we all happen to have a stack of origonals o that particular series in our house (there's loads of comics in that series isn't there??)
    I was bored, so this is all i could come up with after a brief search...don't know if i even hit the right comic though...tell me if i did!? :D

JLA #5: Woman of Tomorrow

Page 18. Morrow's monologue here captures, for my money, a large part of the Mad Scientist mentality that, once upon a time, Dr. Sivana embodied. Amazo, as Morrow mentioned, never evolved beyond his programming, and remains simply a killer android, albeit one with all the powers of the Justice League.

JLA #9: Elseworlds

Pages 17-18. In DC continuity, the greatest enemies to the Guardians of the Universe (who created and empowered the Green Lantern corps) were the Weaponers of Qward; Qward was their homeworld, existing in an anti-matter universe. Green Lantern's "Imaginary Story" obviously involved him becoming one of the "Weaponeers."
    Note that he is wielding a yellow ring on his left hand. The Guardians gave the Green Lanterns had green rings; the Weaponers gave out a yellow ring, which possessed all the powers of the Green Lanterns' rings but without the weakness to anything yellow, to their agent, the renegade Green Lantern Sinestro. Batman II refers to Commissioner Montoya. This is presumably the same Detective Ellen Montoya who is currently the partner of Harvey Bullock - Tim isn't the only one to have had a promotion.

JLA #10: Rock of Ages Prologue: Genesis & Revelations.

Page 18. The group of villains led by Luthor is named here for the first time: the Injustice Gang. Originally, back in Justice League of America #111, the Injustice Gang worked out of a satellite similar to the then-hq of the JLA, consisted of Chronos, the Mirror Master, Poison Ivy, the Scarecrow, the Shadow-Thief, and the Tattooed Man, and were led by Libra. This Injustice Gang also works out of a satellite, and, like the original Injustice Gang, has one supervillain for each hero in the JLA.

JLA #11: Rock of Ages Part 2: "Hostile Takeover." Page 2. We see six of the members of the new Injustice Gang

Page 18. The mysterious seventh member of the Injustice Gang is revealed as being Jemm, Son of Saturn. Jemm first appeared in his own DC mini-series in 1984; as several folks, including Thad Doria, pointed out, he was in fact in-continuity from the beginning, and has appeared since his miniseries in "Crisis on Infinite Earths" and the DC Challenge. J'onn J'onzz, Jemm has telepathic powers and a vulnerability to fire. Jemm, however, was from Saturn, not Mars; it could be that the post-Zero Hour Jemm has been somehow retconned into a Martian. Jemm was not an evil character, however--quite the reverse--and his presence here can only be explained by Luthor having some form of power over him (which he does, as Luthor points out on page 16). And, as Thad Doria points out, J'onn J'onzz has few archenemies of his own, and the chance to match two heavy-browed telepathic aliens against one another must have been irresistable.

Is that even the right series??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

OFDM wrote:

that links not working for me :(
    /can't believe I've missed this so far!

go gordie! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I voted Hugh Hefner again. Just to be consistent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

meh site doesnt work!
    and that challenge thing is hard.....

/me unicycles away

AlcoholicA wrote:
    meh site doesnt work!
    and that challenge thing is hard.....

/me unicycles away
    Remember you can use any means to find the answer - doesn't mean you have go buy the comic or find it somewhere online - there are other possibilities.

Site doesn't appear to be down for me - still down for everyone else?
    I switched the hosting earlier from utv crappy internet to dmz so that may have caused the problem.

Site works now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

not looking good for old hugh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Goodshape wrote:
    I voted for mayordenis anyway. Beacuse I hate him.

i must say now that is more than a tad harsh,
    havin awful trouble finding the section of dialogue though :mad:

• Advertisement

Here is the comic series in question:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1563897504

More hints and tips will be given later if nobody (in particular the contestants) is getting anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I'm reserving my vote for a while to see if anyone makes an absolute tit of themselves.

By the way this is starting to get interesting now, well played OFDM.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't get it, there's loads of issues of this series and we have to find a certain page number. Is there a particular comic issue number also or did you mean comic number *18 instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

mayordenis wrote:
    i must say now that is more than a tad harsh

Harsh but fair. mayordenis must be destroyed.

Honestly though, my choice had more to do with my own inability to pronounce your name.. its been may-or-dean-ials for some reason... just seems to roll of the tongue.

And of course, I hate you all equally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

"who are you and why did you attack us?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The immunity is hard. :confused:

this is what superman said...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

AlcoholicA to win!! The Cuckoo's choice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Gordon wrote:
    I don't get it, there's loads of issues of this series and we have to find a certain page number. Is there a particular comic issue number also or did you mean comic number *18 instead?

As far as i can see, they were all published in one 360 page edition.

is my answer not correct? on post#16 "who are you and why did you attack us?"

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    The page number given refers to the page of the complete edition containing all the issues - I'll track down the exact issue number and page of that issue and post it here...

tovalee wrote:
    "who are you and why did you attack us?" :D
    We have a winner - tovalee gains immunity from round 3 if she doesn't get eliminated this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Well Done

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well done that she-nerd!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Well Done

Very tight round so far this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'd like to know who the eliminated contestants have been voting for. Have they voted against me since I came second last time or have they done the right thing and voted on my side so that they can say they were second only to a worthy contestant?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Ah funky penguin looked a bit behind until now ofcourse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

tovalee wrote:

Oh my god. I thought you were joking. :) Fair play.

Advertisement